A question re - mix a mousse

curlywurly1234

Cambridge Consultant
I feel really moody totm is def ready the corner... feel like I need to have something now .. I have heard people say they make up a mix a mousse and have one and save one for later.

I made 2 bowls out of the one sachet but what do I do if want to save one.. or cant I as I know with shakes you have to eat within 15 mins.

or can I leave in freezer til later and then let it defrost!!!

Help........ if not I will eat them both soon xxx

thanks x

hiya.... I have made one and saved one... and I'm sure KD said in a post that leaving one in the fridge even overnight won't cause problems with the nutrients...
hope that is right!!

x

Hi

Not sure how the texture would be after freezing/defrosting but the reason the shakes etc have to be drunk within 15mins is because the thickeners break down which isn't an issue with the mousse. Apparently the vitamins etc do start to degrade the longer you leave it but I doubt it would go from hero to zero that quickly.

Last edited:
Hi

Not sure how the texture would be after freezing/defrosting but the reason the shakes etc have to be drunk within 15mins is because the thickeners break down which isn't an issue with the mousse. Apparently the vitamins etc do start to degrade the longer you leave it but I doubt it would go from hero to zero that quickly.

True true. The shakes need to be drunk quickly because they go pretty minging after about 15 -20 mins. I see no reason the mousse wouldn't be okay frozen and de-frosted nutrient wise, just might be a bit... sloppier that usual :)

Ummm. Ack, hate to say this, especially since I've always said that vits and mins are destroyed on cooking, then changed my mind when they said differently on the training day. .but, they've changed their minds...just a tad.

From Cambridge a few days ago

“We recommend that once mixed according to instructions our products are consumed within 15 minutes, this ensures optimum flavour and texture satisfaction.”

"The 15 minute rule does also apply because the nutrients and vitamins are heat and light sensitive so the longer you leave the product once mixed the more you will lose. (Only very small amounts will be lost)"

Apparantly, the lab guys will be testing to see if mousse can be made in advance and whether shakes can be frozen Will be fab if they can as I know lots of people have been wanting to freeze products.

So I guess that it's probably best not to make mousse up in advance until the results come through.

I'll put it as a sticky in the info forum.

I've given up on making mix-a-mousse sigh xxx

thanks KD I will quickly eat it now..
xxxxxx

I'm so sorry curlywurly :( I only pass on info from very reliable sources and but sometimes rules change as new things are discovered (and in this case..changed back again :rolleyes:)

I've never bought the mix-a-mousse, what is it exactly and is it nice?

I usually make my mousse just before I am going to eat it. I have made it in advance, and did do today just to remind me what it tastes like. When you make in and chill it for about 15 mins. it is like an angel delight consistency. When you make it in advance it is more 'spongey' - I don't like it as much.

How can some people not make it? It is dead easy.

1. Pour the packet of shake in a bowl
2. Add a scoop of mix-a-mousse
3. Stir together really well so the two powders are mixed up
4. Add about 175ml of cold water
5. Blitz the life out of it for about 2 mins.
6. Put it in the fridge for about 15 mins.
7. Eat and enjoy !

If I can do it anyone can coz I can't make toast!!

Mia, you mentioned the 'T' word. I can practically smell the butter melting on some now.........

Mia, you mentioned the 'T' word. I can practically smell the butter melting on some now.........

:D:D Lisa, yeah I crave it too when I am on a diet. That and F & C:D

:D:D Lisa, yeah I crave it too when I am on a diet. That and F & C:D

Yeah, h2b came home with F&C last night after work, smothered in vinegar and the house smelt delicious. I wouldn't give him a kiss until he brushed his teeth.... his breath was too nice!

lol Lisa - isn't it amazing how powerful the nose is! ;)

There was a thread a week or so ago where people made a wish list of flavours - wouldn't a toast flavour be great! Mind you, to keep to topic, I'm not sure it would go with the mix-a-mousse!lol

what week can u have mousse

Back