A question...

beccus

Hey all!
I've been dukanning now since 13th may, this is the start of my 6th week and my other half and I are both doing pretty well, I've lost just over a stone and a half, I've got 50lb to go to get to my true weight and I'm wondering a few things.

Those of you that have lost large amounts of weight, when did you buy new clothes? I've got plenty of "one day that'll fit me again" clothes, so that should keep me going for a while and I really don't want to spend a fortune as I go (I'm also not quite at the point of needing them yet!) but did you buy bits as you went?

Also, when did you start to notice on yourself? I have a friend who says she can really tell the difference, and can't get over it, but personally - I can't really quite see it. I mean, yes, my jeans are falling down (note to self... FIND A BELT!) but to myself I look the same. When did you really start to notice it about yourself?

Thank you all for the awesome motivation, I love this forum and keeping my diary here!

Because I had so much to lose I had to lose about two stone before anybody really noticed - but I could tell before that - my clothes felt baggier - I bought a lot of my things from eBay and charity shops whilst i was losing because otherwise it would have cost me a fortune!! Every time I went down a dress size was such an exciting time and such a confidence booster - also I never told anyone I was doing dukan so when they did first ask if I was losing weight I knew it was for real!!! When I was nearly at target I also changed my hair style - so I get people who haven't seen me for a long time walking straight past me :) - trawl the charity shops and the sales - then when you get to target you can spend more on the clothes you know are going fit you for a long time :)

Thanks Scooter
We went through some of my OH's old shirts yesterday and there is a huge pile of massive ones for the charity shop. He's got a pile of old tshirts that he is slimming into so should keep him going. I picked up a couple of cheap tesco tshirts the other day, and I'm going to need new work trousers when I get a job (please please please be soon!) as my suit trousers are like clown ones! I've got a pair that fit, but I'll want more than that.

I'm fairly crafty, so I can do a bit of reconstruction on tops, but trousers not so much, and jeans even less so!

Thank you again
B xx

Hey there :) Firstly, congrats on your loss! It's awesome.
I have to say that I've lost 6kg and I've noticed a massive difference already. My clothes don't fit properly but I'm incredibly lucky to have a mom who will take my clothes in for me. I tried on a dress I wore for graduation the other day and it's miles too big for me but when I wore it originally, it was super tight. That's the best indicator I've had. And people do mention that I've lost weight which is helpful.

If I was still in the UK (I'm in NZ now) I would go to places like Primark and buy really cheap basics that will probably last a short period of time but it doesn't matter because it's cheap. ASDA is another great place. I also bought stretchy stuff that is more forgiving (leggings, dresses with stretch panels etc) because they don't need to be taken in and they become baggy enough for me to notice when I lose the weight.
I have to say that I wear two rings all the time, I never take them off, and they've been slipping noticeably down my fingers lately which is a great indicator as to the weight loss.

Hope that's helpful :)

Back