A quick update

My~Turn~Now

Hi all
I know I'm a newbie and you probably wont notice if I disappear for a while but incase you do I thought I best update.

My little man is being admitted to QM hospital either today or Monday after a review showed yesterday that his meds are at their maximum strength and are not keeping him comfortable. I dont know how long we'll be in, maybe only a few days but they may do an operation depending on the results of the endoscopy so may be a little longer.

I have spoken to my counsellor and she delivered me a weeks worth of packs to my home last night and is being so supportive. SHe is going to keep in regular contact via phone and I can have the session Im going to miss on tues as a 1-2-1 as soon as Im available.

I have no intention of stopping the diet. 'If hunger is not the problem - food is not the answer!' that quote goes round in my head all day ;) also it might sound weird but having control over my diet means I can control something which at the moment gives me something to hold to.

Wish my boy luck as he goes to be prodded and poked yet again. He copes very well with it all bless him. I think in his 4 months of life he's developed a bit of a fetish for nurses uniforms having spent 8 weeks all in all staring at them. He always seems happier there :rolleyes:;)

See you soon x

The very best of luck to you and we all look forward to seeing you back here soon.
Let us know how it goes ;)

Paula xx

Poor little thing, wishing you all the very best. You have an amazing attitude and I am in awe. Also seems that your LLC is a diamond.
Hope all goes well and please keep us up to date.

I'm thinking of you hope your little lad is ok there is nothing worse than poorly children :hug99:

wishing you and your little one all the best. poor little lad - i do hope he doesnt need an op and, if he does, i wish him a speedy recovery. you are a fantastic inspiration to us all - a newbie or not, you have a fantastic attitude towards the diet and you deserve all to go well and easily over the next few days. i look forward to hearing from you when you and your lad are home. x x

Thinking of you and wishing you and your little guy very good news. Sending prayers and hugs your way.:vibes::vibes::vibes:

fetch.dll

I have no intention of stopping the diet. 'If hunger is not the problem - food is not the answer!' that quote goes round in my head all day ;) also it might sound weird but having control over my diet means I can control something which at the moment gives me something to hold to.

I love this quote myself so much I have it in my signature as it is so very true.

At times like this it can be very tempting to turn to comfort eating but in the long run it does not help and only adds more problems further down the line.

Make sure you keep your water intake up throughout the day and to take all your LL meals to keep your energy up.

Love Mini xxx

Hope everything goes well Janell and hes home again soon and sorted out. My thoughts are with you hubby and all the kids.
Sarahxxxxx

There is probably very little more stressful than your helpless child being in a difficult situation. Please take care of yourself, so that you will be able to take care of him. I have been in your shoes, and I am pleased to say that my faith keep me sane... and we were fortunate to get the outcome for which we had hoped. My "little" boy is now 17 and healthy... but when he was a baby it was different story. I wish you all the best.

hope all goes well for ur little 1, i to spent alot of my daughters first years in and out of hosp, and i dont cope to well with stress that wot got me like i am now, she is now 17 got disabilitys but is the happiest child i know, she is brill, sending you hugs,

aww thanks everyone. Jan you didnt offend me lol

We're home until next tuesday. Little man is doing ok (full update in my blog for anyone interested)

I stuck with the diet but didnt do wel with the water. its a new ward at queens and they are still waiting for their water cooler. the tap water is warm and sticky. gag inducing! i have lost 2lb this week which considering hardly and water and no exercise what so ever is ok. my counsellor has reassured me ill have a good loss next week no im back to drinking plenty of water. heres hoping :)
jan xx

hi Jan. so glad you are home and well done to you for sticking to the diet with all the worry and stress - im sure it will show next week. bigs hugs to the little chap and you, of course. x

Back