A sad day for me today

Big hugs to you and your babies.

They are absolutely georgeous, I am not surprised you find it hard to part from them, or any other horse. I can totally sympathise, I had offers to bread with one of my dogs - cannot do it, as I don't think I could part with the puppies and I would end up with a dozent dogs.
I am convinced the horses will have a brilliant career ahead of them and I am sure you know they will be kept well - otherwise I am sure you would not let them go.
Still understand your sadness, however you can be proud of your achievement, such beautiful horses, you bread them well, an excellent credit to your hard work.
Jill xx

Sounds like they've really settled, you must feel so much better knowing that they're doing well and that their calm happy start in life has enabled them to undergo such a big change so smoothly.
Are you still breeding?

No at 67 years old I think I am not fertile any longer but we keep trying lol !!!

Oh sorry you meant the horses, silly me. No not anymore we just have 2 old mares ( apart from me ) at home now.

I feel really pleased with them both especially the babe as she was such a naughty little girl. Mum was always a saint so well behaved.

The babe is special to us as she was named after a young friend of mine who died of breast cancer at 30 years old. Her name was Davina and she was so special and brave, so Squeaks', (stable name) posh name is Ribble Valley Divine Star as Davina means divine and she was a star, that coupled with dads name which is R.V. Film Star.

I will post the phots when I get them.

they are gorgeous and i googled the place where they are going and it looks fantastic.
Hard to say goodbye to your babies though.

It is a fantastic place Tara, one of the best in Spain. They have 6 of ours there and produced our Spanish Champion for 8 years.

I have total faith in them but still worry every time one of them leaves home. It is like losing an important part of yourself.

We are with them from birth to leaving here so it is a big wrench.

I always wanted to learn Dressage. but where i learnt the woman was a witch. never too late though. maybe when i can get on a horse without flattening it i will learn.

i will do when i get home. i dont think they would appreciate it if i started listening to it at work !!!

I've just watched it through - magnifico !:happy096::happy096::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I've just watched it through - magnifico !:happy096::happy096::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Victor is amazing. The horse is pretty amazing too. Victor reckons he is technically the most difficult horse he has ridden. You do not see it do you, he rides him so well. He is a Pure Bred Spanish horse and standing in his stable with him he is so impressive.

Photos of the girls not arrived yet but as they have just come back from a publicity drive in China ( bloody hell) I forgive them, think they might be a tad worn out.

I remember going to Olympia when i was a little girl and being mesmorised by the horses and what their riders achieved with them.
i sort of remember a horse, i seem to think his name was Pinnochio, doing a great dressage routine to music. He was doing so many flying changes he looked like he was skipping. i could only doing a flying change every three steps.

I remember going to Olympia when i was a little girl and being mesmorised by the horses and what their riders achieved with them.
i sort of remember a horse, i seem to think his name was Pinnochio, doing a great dressage routine to music. He was doing so many flying changes he looked like he was skipping. i could only doing a flying change every three steps.

There is a dressage horse around still called Pinocchio............... I wonder is he the same one?
Sophie-Wells2.jpg

The ability to do flying changes, tempi changes, depends on both you and the horse whether it is one time changes or more, so if your neddy was not as advanced as you it would not happen

www.classicaldressage.net/members/lesson_pages/flying_changes1.html...

This site is great, explains things so well. Though I am sure you already know what it has to say.

Your little section C mare was from a really good stud in Oxfordshire. I remember seeing one from there being driven in competition I think at the Royal Welsh.

There is a dressage horse around still called Pinocchio............... I wonder is he the same one?
Sophie-Wells2.jpg

The ability to do flying changes, tempi changes, depends on both you and the horse whether it is one time changes or more, so if your neddy was not as advanced as you it would not happen

www.classicaldressage.net/members/lesson_pages/flying_changes1.html...

This site is great, explains things so well. Though I am sure you already know what it has to say.

Your little section C mare was from a really good stud in Oxfordshire. I remember seeing one from there being driven in competition I think at the Royal Welsh.

It could be Pinocchio, i cant remember it was years ago.

The flying changes - would have been my limitation, as i said i didnt have a good start at my riding school - Newham Riding School - London.

They must have moved as the Leyeswick stud originally in East London. (it was a cross between the two roads that they lived on). i didnt know they had moved though.
xx

Hi Sue, Only just found this thread - don't often look in the "off topic" section. Sorry you were sad about your girls going but even me (a not very horsy person) has heard of CAVA.

What do you actually do up there in Benissa? Do you have a stud or similar?

It could be Pinocchio, i cant remember it was years ago.

The flying changes - would have been my limitation, as i said i didnt have a good start at my riding school - Newham Riding School - London.

They must have moved as the Leyeswick stud originally in East London. (it was a cross between the two roads that they lived on). i didnt know they had moved though.
xx

No you are right they are still in east London and they have some really nice animals.

Hi Sue, Only just found this thread - don't often look in the "off topic" section. Sorry you were sad about your girls going but even me (a not very horsy person) has heard of CAVA.

What do you actually do up there in Benissa? Do you have a stud or similar?

Hi. We did have a stud here 32 horses in total including 3 stallions. The stud is disbanded now and we just have our 2 old ladies at home. Look in my album if you want to see more.

Off topic is worth regular visits we have such fun here and lots of lively debates.

It's the place to be !!!

No at 67 years old I think I am not fertile any longer but we keep trying lol !!!

Oh sorry you meant the horses, silly me. No not anymore we just have 2 old mares ( apart from me ) at home now.

I feel really pleased with them both especially the babe as she was such a naughty little girl. Mum was always a saint so well behaved.

The babe is special to us as she was named after a young friend of mine who died of breast cancer at 30 years old. Her name was Davina and she was so special and brave, so Squeaks', (stable name) posh name is Ribble Valley Divine Star as Davina means divine and she was a star, that coupled with dads name which is R.V. Film Star.

I will post the phots when I get them.

PMSL!! I didn't mean to ask such a personal question!!!

What a beautiful, sad story behind her name x

Back