A shy lurker finally says hello

virago_midget

Hi All

I've been a lurker for quite a while, being too shy to really say anything to others. I've learned so much from the wonderful people who post on this site and I felt it was time I said hello. So Hello :) I'm hoping you'll be able to encourage me to stay focused, particularly when food causes a problem.

I'm 46 and have always been short and over weight, but due to a bowel complaint the docs never want me to loose much weight. I can't go to meetings because when I tell them I have little guts left they want a letter from doc... and doc wont. You might ask why bother then? Because I'm 4ft 10 and hit 11 stone the other week, eat mainly crap and I feel like a blob. I need to take control of my weight not just think its OK to eat rubbish. Lots of healthy stuff causes problems, so I want to eat as healthy as possible with portion control.

I'm still quite confused over the layout of the site on the puter as well as my phone, but hoping I'll learn.

Jules

Hi Jules welcome to Minimins.

I have irritable bowel syndrome and a lot of healthy foods cause me problems in the toilet area lol. This diet is fab though as you can eat what you want within your points so whatever foods work for you are allowed as long as you weigh and point them correctly.

Good luck x

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using MiniMins

Thanks hun!
I have/had crohns, and mist people loose weight very quickly with it. I don't though :)

I've just bought some new ww scales and I weigh even more on them :(

Don't worry chuck, you'll get there.

I have the type of IBS that means I have trouble going to the toilet, most people who have IBS have it the other way and are never off the toilet lol.

The best thing is to make a list of the foods that work for you and come up with some nice recipes using those ingredients, also freeze portions of meals so if you have days where you aren't feeling great then at least you don't have to cook.

When I started I needed to lose 100lb, lost about 11 so far but I'll get there, eventually lol x

You've done well so far. 11lb is alot!

Ibs is no joke. I sort if have it as I get blocked up with fibre. Apples put me in hospital! And I love them. Waste first take the normal route to the outside world if you know what I mean. :)

Freezing food, what a good idea! I often don't eat what the others eat and then fill up on chocolate (never have problem digesting that)

I'm going to do a food diary too. It appears to help people. It gives me ideas on what to cook. I'm doing purely through the iwatcher app.

Hiya and welcome to the site. I'm sorry you suffer with Crohns I know it is a horrible disease. I've a sister with colitis so I know your disorder is quite similiar and very hard to control. But I can't understand why your doctor won't let you follow Weight watchers. If you know any food exasperates your symptoms ww have no problem with you completely removing this from your day to day diet. Have you tried joining a class and 'naughty naughty' not telling them about your diagnosis. As long as you are sensible and eat well you'll be fine. My sister eats very well and very healthy and I know if I were to count up her foods she'd probably be on the ww maintainence (she doesn't follow, she just watches what she eats). If I can help in anyway I've a diary on ww site, feel free to pop in and ask anything. Good luck with your journey xxx

Many thanks. I have a strange doc. The fact the doc sponsors patients to do ww to help loose weight. It's bizarre.

I've been looking at diaries and they really do inspire me. I'm more determined this time and I'm sure the forum will help.

Thanks again

Keep a diary is a fab idea, I've been keeping one for years. The doc suggested I keep one when I was first diagnosed to help me work out what foods to avoid. It helped me learn to avoid pineapple, oranges, banana and any brown food like brown rice, brown bread, brown pasta etc.

Let me know if you post your diary online and I'll follow it and try to help you where I can.

Remember, you can do this and be healthy and well x

Just thought I'd point out that I weigh 2lb more on my WW scales than on ANY other scales I stepped on. I follow them anyway but still think they might be wrong and gonna get a different set of scales (non-WW) soon.

Well done on joining up here... I was a lurker too and now I'm a fully fledged miniminsaholic ;)

Back