A silly question

If I loose weight in the first few weeks will my clothes actually feel looser and will there be noticable weight loss?
The reason I ask is that I have went on crash type diets before and the weight loss is quick - on the scales i loose 7 pounds in as many days but there is no noticable difference in clothing. I usually stop after the 7 days, though, this time I will not but I was just wondering.....

If I loose weight in the first few weeks will my clothes actually feel looser and will there be noticable weight loss?
The reason I ask is that I have went on crash type diets before and the weight loss is quick - on the scales i loose 7 pounds in as many days but there is no noticable difference in clothing. I usually stop after the 7 days, though, this time I will not but I was just wondering.....

Hey there - there will definitely be a noticeable difference in clothes !!

LT ( and all VLCDs) are not 'crash diets'....they are nutritionally complete (soooo not like a crash diet !!) in all ways and your body is beng nourished as never before (100% of vitamins, minerals and trace elements are in those packs !!)

keep at it - and keep us posted on your progress !!!

Debz x

I notice a definate difference after about the first 2 weeks. I think its once the excess water is gone and you start shifting the fat that the inches really start to drop. Good luck.

Thankyou
I know this is not a crash diet and it is great to know I will feel more comfortable in my clothes soon - I didn't buy the bigger size I needed so it is painful and extremely unflattering wearing clothes at present.
Mrs C

I remember earlier this year when my boss started LT. He was about two weeks in and the weight loss was very noticeable. A week later, I had been off on the Wednesday and he came into the office on Thursday morning and I swear, he had lost so much weight, particularly from his face and neck, I had to look twice. The change was amazing. He also had to buy smaller pants as his kept falling down! Top bloke. He left late August. I saw him a couple of weeks ago and he's kept most of the weight off, but he does like his beer!

If you dont go back to your old ways - you really do keep the weight off..... I lost a stone in the first three week.....it was soooo amazing.....years of dieting and only loosing the odd pound here and here....this is the best diet ever - more energy etc!!!

Hi Mrs Commitment,

I am on the diet three weeks and definitely noticed the loss, week one just watched my stomach shrink and can see it a little in my face now too so you will definitely be spurred on by the new fab you!!!

Definitely agree Bea, not on it long but i seem to have time to do so much more!

The first week you tend to lose the glycogen in your muscles which is why you tend to get a nice 'first week loss' with most diets. After that, it tends to be fat that you lose. When you start eating again, the glycogen you lost at the start fills back up, which sometimes is mistaken as putting on weight. So - you may not notice it the FIRST week, but you sure will after that! I lost a stone in my first fortnight - so at least half of that was fat.....and therefore inches!!

Good luck!

Thank you all for that. I'm nearly at the end of Day 3 with all my meals ate - they are getting so much nicer. Y'know I think ketosis is coming on - I have a dirty metallic taste in my mouth and I think there is an odour surrounding me:eek: (what a beautiful image)
I'm away to the bath.

Thank you all for that. I'm nearly at the end of Day 3 with all my meals ate - they are getting so much nicer. Y'know I think ketosis is coming on - I have a dirty metallic taste in my mouth and I think there is an odour surrounding me:eek: (what a beautiful image)
I'm away to the bath.

Yep....your stinky....thats ketosis. Wonderful isn't it. I say to my husband who needs contraceptive when you have ketosis! he he.

I'm on day one again. I did Atkins for a few days and also have the lovely taste in my mouth so I think I'm in ketosis too. I find the transition over to the lipotim easier when I do it this way.

Good luck.
x

advice

Shazpaz, Good luck with your restart, you have done well before so you will probably fit in easy again -
am seeking a little advice - and sorry in advance it is a little tmi for a general conversation but have you any advice for constipation - tried the usual warm water, mixtures of teas (that I got from this site) and the chemists are closed today. Because we are eating less what is normal? Bit desperate for help.

Shazpaz, Good luck with your restart, you have done well before so you will probably fit in easy again -
am seeking a little advice - and sorry in advance it is a little tmi for a general conversation but have you any advice for constipation - tried the usual warm water, mixtures of teas (that I got from this site) and the chemists are closed today. Because we are eating less what is normal? Bit desperate for help.

I always have the same problem in the beginning. I think its the changeover from eating solids. You obviously know WATER WATER WATER. My chemist recommends you drink fibreclear. You just add it to your water and away you go. I'd drink loads of water today and if no better nip to the chemist tomorrow and I'm sure he'll give you something to sort yourself out.

Good luck hun.
x

I tried athe fibre clear etc but need to take a Senokot a couple times a weeks to keep things on track...do try the water and fibre clear but it didnt work for me.....

Back