A small introduction!

Twinklecheeks

Hello all, I'm new to this site. Started lipotrim on Monday just gone (12/09/11) so I'm just at the end of my fifth day. Been a little hungry today and found it a bit hard. Had to go food shopping for my partner and 19 month old daughter and then met up with my parents and grandparents at the local carvery. Was sat there with a glass of water while they all scoffed a big carvery. Nevertheless not a pea entered my mouth and have stuck to it 100% but was hoping the hunger might have eased off a little now. I'm drinking plenty of water. Any advice on anything else to drink? I like coffee and have been having it black with tablet sweeteners but I really can't stand tea. I bought some peppermint tea hoping it would just taste like minty water rather than minty tea but took one mouthful and it was gross. Just wish there was something I could drink with a bit more to it than water. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Pleased I have stuck it this long. Can't wait to see how much I've lost on
Monday.

I've found this forum very encouraging and I'd like to thank you all for the excellent advice

Xxxxx

Hi Twinklecheeks, and welcome!
Well done on staying 100% so far - I'm sure I was over a week before I could stand to be around other people while they were eating... Similarly with feeling hungry - with luck you'll be over the worst in another day or two. There will always be some days that are harder than others, though I've come to realise that often it's much more psychological than physical hunger... it's made me more aware of the triggers for wanting to comfort eat!

As for drinks, I find fizzy water a lot better than plain - I convince myself it has more "flavour" and it certainly helps you to feel full! It doesn't have to be expensive stuff, though - supermarkets nearly all do their own value brand fizzy table water for 17 or 18 pence for a litre bottle. Now and then I buy a pack of small bottles and then refil them, for convenience... I keep a stock in the fridge, as chilled seems to taste nicer too!

I also make mint tea (hot or iced) using fresh leaves - you might find that more palatable than the tea-bag version.

Good luck and I hope the loss on Monday will give you the encouragement to keep going...
Marianne x

Thanks Marianne. Will try the fizzy water. I actually bought some today but I haven't had any yet. Will put it in the fridge over night so it's nice and cold tomorrow. How did you make the mint tea with leaves? Where did you get the leaves from? Is it more like minty water than tea? Is it tea coloured? Bizarre question I know lol but if it's tea coloured then I automatically think it's going to taste like tea! Sorry for all the questions. Well done on your weight loss so far, you've done so well. Hope I can achieve the same xxx

My mum has loads of mint growing in the garden, so I just use that. You might find a friendly relative or neighbour who has some? Or you might be able to get it from the supermarket in with other fresh herbs...

For tea, I just roughly chop or rip up 5 or 6 leaves and pour boiling water over them and it's ready to drink in a couple of minutes. Usually I just make it in a mug, but sometimes make a whole pot. The water just goes slightly green and I guess I'd call it "minty water" but since I've not bothered with the tea-bag version, I can't really say how you'd find it. I once did about a litre at once and left the water and leaves sitting overnight and by morning it had gone surprisingly brown and probably much more tea-like. I drank that chilled - I thought it was nice, but then I quite like herbal teas and things anyway.

To be honest, after the first 3 or 4 weeks of really wanting to experiment (with different teas, infusions, herbs in the soups and spices in the shakes and so on...) I lost interest a bit and ended up mostly being perfectly satisfied with coffee and fizzy water. It's absolutely true that your tastebuds change and you get more detached from food generally. Anyway - that's for the future, so have fun experimenting for now and I hope you find all the ways you can to stick with it - it'll be unbelievably worth it...!

Mx

i tried the peppermint tea and did not like it ,i wonder what the freshmint tea tastes like in the choc shake

Oh, I forgot to mention - the mint in the garden comes in spearmint, as well as peppermint, so that makes it taste a bit different, too...

I'm putting about a third of a sachet of the chocolate shake in my coffee - it's actually quite lovely. Makes the otherwise vomit-inducing shakes drinkable. I don't even like coffee btw, but I'm not supposed to drink diet coke so there's no other way to get the caffeine-infusion my body screams for.

hi noticed you found the shakes revolting, i found the smell of the shakes turned me rather than the taste. I only make them up as mouses now 2oz very cold water, much better

Back