A Student Midwife's Wedding weight loss mission!

Nyancat

Hello!
I'm a student midwife who has been struggling with my weight for the last couple of years, I think I got so used to being able to eat whatever I wanted when I was younger and didn't realise that when we grow up we kind of lose that ability and went way too far!! I am 5'5'' and when I started the course I was 11 stone 3/4, whereas I was 9.6 stone at my happiest. I seem to carry it all round my belly so it isn't well spread out at all lol! I then did the atkins diet to make sure I didn't do the usual thing of gaining weight on this course, but it was so hard and I felt so deprived, I did lose a stone but I gained some of it back over the last 6 months until I was 11 stone and 1/2 a pound.
I decided to start Slimming World, my family were like "Why are you paying just to get weighed?!" But I knew that the group situation would make me competitive and too embarassed to slack off like I usually do, and I was right, that's exactly what's kept me motivated so far - usually by now I would have blown it and restarted twice already lol! Although I guess I am only two weeks in, but I just feel like I'm eating so much I don't feel deprived at all.

My family are a bit unsupportive and don't believe I'll stick to this one, which is kind of getting me down. Although my partner (who does not want me to lose weight at all!) says he's never seen me so motivated :)

Finding it a bit difficult doing two different meals a day! My boyfriend really doesn't like ANY vegetables, except for carrots. Any being a busy bee student midwife doing night shifts I am worried about preparing packed lunches ahead of time, as I often find that I've not been able to eat for about 9 hours during a night shift and then I just grab the nearest thing (usually toast!)

Oh! And I'm getting married next year, I already have my dress which has a zip at the moment but I'm having a corset back put in so that I can lose as much weight as I want. The wedding is my motivation, and also this summer I've felt like crap because I didn't want to buy new clothes in my size because I kept telling myself "Well you won't be this size next year so there's no point" so I've just been covering up as much as possible. i never used to feel like this, I used to pray for sunny days so I could wear dresses!

My mum keeps saying I'm not overweight and that I'm wasting my time, but at the end of the day I am a size 12 and a size 14 is too big, but in the 12 my belly is just so obvious! So I'm wearing 14s which are then making me look even bigger. I just want to be comfortable and confident in my skin :)

In my first week I lost 2.5lb, and then in my 2nd I lost 3 lb even though my scales hadn't budged either times!

Can't wait for next weigh in! Loving slimming world so far and look forward to reading all of the other member's diaries!

Welcome!!

It's a shame about your family being unsuppprtive but at the end of the day only you know how you feel in your own skin, and what's right for you. And you've definitely come to the right place for support!!

Well done on the losses so far :)

Thanks! Yeah I think it's because both my parents are overweight and start diets all the time and quit the next day so they think I'll be the same.
I've found myself getting a bit bored this week, so bought a new recipe book and made meatballs and spaghetti tonight :) and I'm going on a huge shopping trip tomorrow and will buy loads of free and superfree yummy foods! x

Had a really stressful week and ended up having a takeaway - pizza! Hope I haven't gained as a result :( really was a bad week though for family stress. I've been on two runs today and had no syns to try and grab any chance of staying the same this week. Not very good to be wobbling on week 3! Need get back in the game haha! x

Back