• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

A sum to work out weekly loss...

Whilst doing his Sports Science HND, My OH learned this formula to work out what your body needs to maintain your current weight. -whilst remaining stationery.

Your body weight in kilos x 3500 (the amount of calories in a lb)/ 100 (or just your kilo x 35)

So I do this wee sum -my weight = 88kg x 35 =3080
3080- 450 (approx LT calories)= 2630
2630 x 7 (weekly left out calories) = 18410
divide that by -3500 (calories in lbs) and I can guess that my loss 'should' be -

5.26 lbs

I know it never works out quite like that but it still gives me something to do and something to hope for. :D

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

rachelh

is loving the soup?!
ooh exciting lol...runs off to do it

rachelh

is loving the soup?!
except mine comes out at more than 2900 to maintain, and I actually only need about 2300 to maintain...ah well I can work it out based on that!

like I say, i dont think its exactly right -it never really works outlike that but I still enjoy doing it. :D

this lost me numbers is all french to me lol

lol - didn't mean to freak everyone out. I just thought everyone would be like and be really neurotic about trying to predict their loss. :D

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! oxo

p.s. 1600 calories -misery! Fill up on 'no point' foods if I were you. ;)

nice little sum taken in the spirit you intend, just to check having followed the forumula is the answer what i colud be losing on a wekkly basis or have i mis understood what your on about lol!!!!

omg my spelling is appalling need to go to bed and recharge batteries for early flight

lol -its meant to show what you could be losing (or if taken literally should be losing -IF ONLY EH?).

Now...to bed bed with you uncle travelling mat for your flight! ;)