A 'sw' Friendly WI Treat.

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
Hi all!

- So, my best friend and i do our sw classes together, we weigh in on a wednesday night and usually have a 'wi' treat. By wi treat i mean we go totally overboard and dont count it.

However, my weight loss could do with a boost, and unfortunatly after an entire year on sw, my friend has just gained and lost the same amount of weight, and is getting dangerously close to the upper weight bracket, which will be her heaviest. She however is the first one to admit it is her own fault, she knows it works but has never got in the 'zone' for longer than a week..

Anywho, although i help as much as i can, and i work my ass off for my own weight loss, with not much to lose myself, the first port of call would be to lessen the 'binge' to a 'treat'

it had got out of control for a while whilst i was maintaining, having the entire day off, rather than just the evening.. so i have pulled that back, but there is no stopping me after my WI.

SO,

can i have some meal ideas, that are real indulgances, but will only go up to about 20 syns? including dessert.. i dont want to feel 'deprieved' as this is just detremental to the rest of my week. I constantly feel the itch to eat, which is why a usual blow out after WI keeps me on the straight and narrow the rest of the week.

usually we have a take away of some variety.. from chips and burgers, to dominoes.. kfc etc. and then cheesecake or some cake with double thick cream.. and whatever else is lieing around.

i totted up the syns, and even when we thought we were being better by cooking faijitas, it was still totting up to over 100 syns. Which is just rediculous.

as i said i dont want to feel deprieved, and i want to feel stuffed with yummy food.. but i need ideas, my mind is a blank.

- were not staying to class next week so have time to cook. ( we stay every other week) xxx

If you like KFC, why not get some chicken fillets or portions, dip in egg and then some breadcrumbs and cook in the oven. Breadcrumbs made with white bread - 6 syns a slice. Make some SW chips or wedges and have with home made coleslaw or bean.

Or make a pizza on pitta bread? Pile those toppings up. Again, serve with wedges or chips.

Or curry night?

In the new book is fajitas served in iceberg lettuce leaves. Sounds odd but if you make guacomole (syn the avocado and use FF fromage fraise) and use FF fromage frais to make a dip with chives and onions and make some syn free salsa, you can have almost syn free fajitas.

My friend cooked this meal for us when we went over - it was off the SW website, and it was basic sw chips - but then added in mushrooms, onions and bacon and covered it in cheese (hea!) it was amazing.....nomnomnommmmmmmm! served with some veggies it would deffo qualify for EE! :D i dont do EE anymore, but it was great for a change! xxx

My friend cooked this meal for us when we went over - it was off the SW website, and it was basic sw chips - but then added in mushrooms, onions and bacon and covered it in cheese (hea!) it was amazing.....nomnomnommmmmmmm! served with some veggies it would deffo qualify for EE! :D i dont do EE anymore, but it was great for a change! xxx

Sounds lovely, I love chips n cheese :D

What about burgers and chips.

Make you own burgers and pop 1/2 babybel in the middle and top with lean bacon and mushrooms. Serve with SW chips and salad and SW coleslaw - very low syns on EE

I'm usually quite late back after weigh in as I go straight to a dance class after group but I usually have a WW lasagne.

Its only 5.5 syns and tastes naughty like a proper lasagne. If you wanted you could also have some McCain oven chips for 1.5 syns per 100g raw with it. Although I usually just have a bit of salad with it.

Alternatively, find the food that you really crave be it fish and chips or pizza and make a SW version. I'm sure you can find the recipes on here or SW website. I sometimes find they can be tastier than the takeaway version!!

Good luck with it all anyway!

Amy

Thanks guys,
all very good susgestions..

im making burgers tonight actually.. and i even made syn free bbq sauce to go with.. i guess im so used to making homemade versions when it comes to a 'treat' my mind is a blank, every days like a treat on sw when you put your mind to it, syn free! lol

chicken tikka kebabs r free (pls correct me if i am wrong) then u would just have to count the syns for the pitta or have fries with it for 7 syns

in the magazein there was a sainsburys be good to yourself pizza which was only 400 odd calories. I used to have a weigh in treat but on the weeks i dont i definately loose more. yesterday was wi so i made a lovely cottage pie to come home to, so i HAD to eat that cos id made it. Then i had half an easter egg for 250 cals. So much better than a pizza, wedges, garlic bread THEN the easter egg which i would normally do lol but still very enjoyable

SW Gammon, Egg and Chips! or SW burgers!

I think all the SW versions of the naughty stuff are great! In the first few weeks i was losing a lot of weight, I realised I was eating more chips and burgers than I did before haha! :D

Okay iv come up with these, what do u think?
Syn free BBQ sauce and 'KFC' chicken with chips, Dessert: Oreo cheesecake (8.5 syns)
Cheesy chilli enchiladas (8 syns) Dessert: cadbury chocolate highlights mousse (3syns) and strawberrys
Pi...zza pittas & wedges Dessert: Jelly and Ben & Jerrys strawb cheesecake frozen yog. (8syns)
Chicken tikka masala and rice (5syns) Dessert: Muffins and custard (10 syns)
Sweet and sour chicken with egg fried rice (5 syns) Dessert: Vanilla cheesecake (8.5syns)

Let me know if you want any of the recipes. x

I love gammon and SW wedges which I do with their skins on and put a frylite fried egg on top nom nom, or homemade burgers like brit mums recipe make me feel so naughty even though their not. Lovely treat food!

A really nice desert is layered meringue pieces, with strawberry (or plain) VLF fromage frais and strawberry's (chopped in 1/4's) topped off with puréed strawberry's done with sweetener. you keep layering til you get to the top of a big wine glass then drizzle the puree over the top. nom nom nom nom nom, the only syn is the meringue and a small amount for the purée.

Its on britmums blog for her version.. (google slimmingeats.com)

But i did post my recipe for it in the recipe section.. its 5syns less because i cocked mine up essentially and didnt have a base, but mine is actually GORGEOUS!!! im struggeling not to head to the fridge for it! xx

Back