Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

A SW Newbie's food diary... advice and tips welcome!

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Weight Loss Diary' started by betterme, 16 July 2011 Social URL.

1. betterme

betterme Member

Start Weight:
    9st4lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone!

I've been looking around everyone's food diaries and they're all super informative! I thought it might be a good idea to write my own so I keep motivated and also so you lovely lot can give me tips on where I could improve. I don't go to SW meetings so I'm trying to learn this whole SW shiz by myself. Hopefully I can make it work!

I'm 20 years old and I go to uni full time. At the moment I'm off for summer and I have these big wonderful dreams of going back for my final year as a skinny minny. Here's hoping!

After failing miserably in getting a job this summer I'm trying to sort out some volunteering work to keep me busy and active, preferably in a care home. Until then though I'm actually just being incredibly lazy. Which does not burn any calories or fat! So I better change that then too. :)

I'm a shorty at 5 foot and I started off at 9 stone 4lb. I really would like to be 8 stone by the time I go back to uni in October. That's the plan anyway, but I know if I aim for that, I should be happy with wherever I end up. IF I STICK TO THE PLAN.

I've only been doing the Extra Easy diet for 2 weeks now, the first week I had a great loss of 4.5lb but last week I only lost 0.5lb. I'm hoping that I have another 4.5lb week! :p

Okay so my plan today is:

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix (HEB) and raspberries with skimmed milk (HEA)

Lunch: Chicken, Ham and Potato Salad, with 2 satsumas

Snack: Muller light Smooth Raspberry and Cranberry yoghurt.

Dinner: Ham (We have lots of ham left :p), new potatoes, brocolli, green beans, carrots and gravy (2.5 SYNS)

Treat/Snack: 2 sticks of a kitkat! :D I'm not gonna lie, I'm excited. :D (4.5 SYNS)

TOTAL SYNS: 7.

Hopefully my syns calculations are right! :D

Last edited: 18 July 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. julesm

julesm Slimming World

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9.5lb(15.26%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey lady! Thought I'd pop by after you commented on my photos to see how you're getting on. Good luck for your WI next time. I was a bit of a slow loser but I got there in the end and never looked back!

4. Pumpkin*Patch

Pumpkin*Patch Full Member

5. betterme

betterme Member

Start Weight:
    9st4lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks! :D

Well today I literally sat on my bum ALL day and did nothing. I loved it! But tomorrow I'll be doing lots of walking and hopefully an exercise fitness video to make up for it. I need to be more active if I want to lose a stone in 10 weeks. That's the hardest bit for me, I absolutely loath exercise. I think I may change my laptop desktop background to a skinny woman for motivation. Although it may confuse some... :p

I'm trying to incorporate more syns into my diet (which is such hard work obviously :p), as I realised that during my first week when I was having 10 maltesers a day I lost 4.5lb, and the second week when I had none I lost 0.5lb. Maybe I was having too little? I don't know... but I guess I'll have more of an idea at the end of this week.

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix (HEB) and 250ml semi-skimmed milk (HEA) and strawberries
    Snack: Mullerlight yoghurt

Lunch: Sunday dinner! Beef (w/o fat) veg, new potatoes and 1/4 pint of bisto gravy (2 Syns)

Dinner: Ham (AGAIN) and potato salad

Snack: Mullerlight yoghurt :eek: and 4 squares of chocolate (6 syns)

TOTAL SYNS: 8

I think tomorrow I'd rather be closer to 5 syns. And I think I should really start organising my meals better, maybe schedule them with snacks so I don't end up hungry. It didn't help that I've run out of fruit either, but that should be fixed by tomorrow morning. :)

Last edited: 18 July 2011
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.