Cruise PP A tad disappointed

onceinabluemoon

After a truly amazing start I have lost only 1lb since I've been on Cruise (6 days now). I have stopped eating the pre packed meat and cut ww yoghurts down to 2 a day. I'm cooking but only with allowed ingredients and drinking loads of water, coffee etc.

The scales tell me a difference of about 4 oz a day if I'm lucky

I'm feeling fatter so obviously a bit of water retention creeping back in, but its crazy how now I've cut out all the things I've been told will stop me losing weight, I am no longer losing weight, lol.

Feeling as if I'm giving up everything I like and now getting nowhere :(

Next to cut down to 1 egg a day and cut out the ww yogurts I guess. Didn't expect to feel this miserable. :(

Are you coming up to your totm? Have you posted your menu's on the menu thread to see if anyone else can spot anything? WW yoghurts might be the culprit.

I'm the same, on my 8th day of cruise and only a pound loss, it was 3lbs then shot back up 5lbs now it's on it's way down again. I think that's quite common when starting cruise stick with it it'll come back down again

Blue,

sounds silly but are you actually eating *enough* protein? Whilst it's good to cut back on the dairy and egg yolks, do have the egg whites (a three-egg omelette with only one yolk for example), and enjoy your meat and fish, as long as you watch the salt. the classic example quoted on here again and again is the people who munch their way through a whole roast chicken (not skin or wings...) in a day and keep losing while they do.
Save you dairy for nice sauces to accompany the protein.
As for Veg you still ought to be aiming for 2/3 protein and only 1/3 veg, it helps if it's green and leafy and don't overdo the root veg like carrots or parsnips... Cherry Tomatoes are still nice, they were my all-summer snack food.

Sorry I don't get much time on here but as Poppy said are you posting menus (with rough quantities) then some of the others might pick up if there are any issues.

finally - weight loss on DD is not a regular thing. Yes TOTM really affects some, and I was losing in about 5-7 day bursts, nothing for a week, even a gain and then it tumbled in a day or two, still averaging about 2lb a week.

Are you active enough?

Don't give up, I'm sure you will get there!

I would also cut out the WW yoghurt for a while as there is sugar in them. Have just a little bit of 0% Greek yoghurt instead with some sweetener or cinnamon or any other flavour you like. Might help as well. I've been gaining weight and this week I've stalled due to totm which has kicked in today so hopefully will start showing a loss again next week.

please don't feel disappointed, I went through the first pounds quickly, then I stalled, then again started losing at a much slower rate then it started a bit faster again. I am now on target weight ( although I only had a stone to lose so I know is not that much ) and feel very very good!

You will have days were your body will resist... but they don't last. Really, just stick to it and eat lots of fish ( salmon did me wonders! ) drink lots of water and up the time you are walking..that should make it a bit faster.

Hi and thank you for your replies. My answers to your questions:

TOTM? - not a problem, too old (bliss)

enough protein? - possibly not to be honest, I will review this thank you. I have no appetite and finding it very difficult to eat lots. I looked at the menus as Maintainer suggested but nothing really appealed.

enough exercise? - walk for about 2 hours away on average pushing a big heavy all terrain buggy with two heavy babies in it (outside) and constantly on my feet throughout day inside as childminder to a 14 month old and a 16 month old who have just learned to walk. I work from 6.30 am to 6pm with no breaks (lunch is usually 'on the run'.)

veg:meat ratio, mine is spot on 1/3 veg to 2/3 protein, if anything the veg is slightly under 1/3...

I hear what you're saying about the yoghurts but I was eating 3 a day on attack and losing like a loon, now I'm on cruise I have cut down to two so should it be a problem? I am in my 50s and yoghurt is now the only form of calcium I am getting, am very aware of osteoporosis and trying to be sensible. I have loads of Total 0% so will try flavouring that with vanilla later and see if I can force it down thanks.

I tried making the muffins but to be frank they were quite revolting. I have it in mind to try the toffee flavour ones next (but then thats eating more yoghurt, lol!)

I used a little Bouillon yesterday to make a sauce but Dr D says Bouillon is ok doesn't he?

One thing I have noted is that I do not have bad breath nor have I ever had it (since starting this diet), nor have I had a foul taste so maybe I never went into ketosis (I don't really 'get' the whole ketosis bit tbh...)

Last edited:
I would also cut out the WW yoghurt for a while as there is sugar in them. Have just a little bit of 0% Greek yoghurt instead with some sweetener or cinnamon or any other flavour you like..

Tried this tonight with Total 0% greek yoghurt with vanilla extract and a little sweetener, oh my goodness its lush! No more ww yoghurts for me!

thank you

Update: I haven't changed a thing (except ate a bit of extra yoghurt last night) and scales say I have lost a lb this morning (a full lb not a few ounces) so I am pleased that I persevered. I have to admit to feeling very miserable though for a few days.

Thank you for your help and support. x

How are you making your muffins? Mine are like little cupcakes and are delicious - a couple of tbspns natural yog, 1 tspn baking powder, a couple of tbspns sweetener, 2 tbspns oatbran and perhaps a drop or two of flavouring.

Back