A Twin mums musings on all things diet and exercise!

Well hello all, thought I would bite the bullet and get myself a diary of how things are progressing for me on slimming world. A bit about me first - I am mum to three lovely (most of the time!) children, my son is 12 and I have twin girls who are 9. I work part time as a supply teacher in the school my girls attend and also teach one to one maths tuition. My life is busy - but whose isn't these days - but I am determined that this time I will lose the weight and keep it off.

I put on a lot of weight when pregnant and in the the subsequent aftermath of having twins, managed to lose 4 stone going to rosemary comely classes nearby. But when the classes were cancelled and there wasn't another one nearby I got into a cycle of put on a stone and lose the same stone over and over again! Then 2 years ago we moved house, and I had a back problem (sciatica) I put on between 2 1/2 and 3 stones due to being unable to exercise, not being able to walk to school any more and generally being fed up of being in pain. Have been trying calorie counting on and off with limited success and was always hungry! Cue slimming world!!

Started at slimming world a couple of weeks ago and I LOVE It! Lost 6 1/2 lbs so far and have not been hungry once! Been trying to step up the exercise and it seems to be helping my back which does still play me up from time to time. I love power walking but it's been so snowy and icy I've had to make do with the trusty exercise bike for the moment and I am getting better - even though my saddle is not the most comfy I usually manage half an hour 4 or 5 times a week.

Weigh in is on a Wednesday which suits me so far as long as hubby can get home from work in time to enable me to get there! He is being very supportive and eating all the yummy recipes I've been cooking. Will be logging in when I can and adding food diaries too so I can keep myself focused. Goal number one is to lose one stone before my big birthday (the dreaded thirty-ten lol!) in march - 4 weeks and counting until my party so the pressure is on! Want to lose another two and a half stone after that but I know it will be slower going after the initial big losses so I hope I'm being realistic!

Goodness this is a real essay so I'll sign off for now - will post my food and exercise for the day later (will stop me reaching for the munchies later if my fingers are typing!)

Good luck everyone in your quest for healthiness and slimness!

Helen xx

Today's exercise done - 30 mins on exercise bike burning 384 calories! :eek:

Food so far-

B muller light raspberry and cranberry yogurt (yummy!) with fresh raspberries

L sw quiche, 2 x ryvita with ham, fruit salad with apples, satsumas, grapes and strawberries

D plan to have stir fried broccoli and spring onions with leftover roast pork made into a fried rice

No syns so far today - had a few a weekend on the wine! ;) May have a packet of velvet crunch later to try which would be 4 syns

H xx

Morning all,

Just completed 35 mins on the exercise bike and feeling good!

Going to my mums for lunch, so taking sw quiche I made yesterday and my hex b ryvitas so I can eat the rights stuff!

Food today -

B muller light yogurt and banana

L will be sw quiche, ryvitas and ham with lots off rest fruit

D will be leftover pork, baked beans and sautéed leftover potatoes followed by fruit salad strawberries, grapes, kiwi and whatever else I can find lurking in the fridge

Tomorrow will be tricky as I'm out shopping and cinema with my kids - think ill take a packed lunch to munch in the car and resist taking kids to burger king - not good for them or me really! Have to be strong as its weigh in tomorrow night and really want at least another 2 lbs to stay on track.

Have a good day all

Helen xx

Frozen banana and grapes are what i took to the cinema when i took my kids (also a twin mom to 3yr old boys lol). You're doing really well x

Hi Helen

I'm fairly new to SW too (second weigh in tonight) and like you I'm loving it so far!

It sounds as if you are really focused, especially with your excercise, well done!

I'll keep popping in to see how you're doing :)

Thanks for the comments, will have to make sure I stay on track if people are popping in to keep an eye on me lol!

Weigh in tonight and having a busy day so far!

Got up early so I could get half an hour on the exercise bike before taking the kids to cinema (had no snacks at all - that's a first!) and then shopping for party clothes for them for my big 40th party in a few weeks.

Food wise been pretty good as we've been so busy

B yogurt, satsuma and banana

L slices of chicken, Alpen light bar, minibabybel cheeses, apple and satsuma (took a picnic to eat in car so we didn't have to go to burger king!)

D will be after weigh in half fat sausages (1 syn each) with smash and baked beans, followed by grapes and pineapple

Hoping for another 2lbs off tonight, if I lose at least half a pound then I'll get my half stone which will be fab after only 3 weeks!

Will update after weigh in,

Helen xx

Lost another 2lbs - yay! Need to keep this up for another three weeks to get one stone before my birthday!

Missed posting yesterday as very busy all day shopping for dress for my 40th, lots of body magic charging round the shops and only had jacket potato with beans when we stopped for lunch - very sw virtuous! Was a good food day as well as exercise and pleased I got a dress I don't look too bad in lol! A bit depressing in some shops when even a size bigger than usual doesn't fit right but I'm in a good frame of mind and not letting it bother me unduly as I AM DOING SOMETHING POSITIVE ABOUT IT!

Today is a stay at home day, tidying, helping kids finish off half term homework and the dreaded ironing! Not going on the bike today as my legs still ache from shopping yesterday (damn slippy floors in Milton Keynes shopping centre always kill my legs!).

Food so far

B satsumas

L strawberries, apple, kiwi
Bacon, beans, omelette and sautéed potatoes

D will be postponed valentines meal sw KFC and sw chips with broccoli followed by fruit with meringue and yogurt all washed down with a glass or two of bubbly! (syns for that!)
Trying a speed food challenge for group this week, five speed foods a day - only 3 yesterday but 7 so far today!

Hope you're all having a good week!

Helen xx

Hi Helen,

That's great you've got your dress for your birthday, when is the big day?

Can't beat a bit of shopping for some unintentional exercise! :D

I was having a moan about dress sizes today, it depends where you shop and can sometimes be a difference of two sizes depending on the store.

Hi,

The big day is 8th march - with party on the 10th march! Getting excited but also pressure is on - want to get to the stone mark before then - 5.5lbs to go in 3 weeks eek!

Helen x

Sunday's log!

Have done 35 mins on the exercise bike this morning while watching "one born every minute" always makes me blub but am so engrossed in the tv that I forget about being saddle sore lol!

Food so far

B - fresh pineapple!

L - sw quiche(hex a cheese) with fruit salad of kiwi, raspberries, apple and satsuma

D - will be beef stew with jacket potatoes and veg followed by eton mess type dessert as we have friends coming for dinner. Going to crush meringue nests and mix with frozen raspberries and muller cranberry and raspberry yogurt. Never done it before but we'll see how it goes!

Haven't put any hex b yet but will probably snack on a coupe of Alpen light this afternoon as we're not eating until late tonight.

Helen xx

Bit gutted this week as I've been on plan all week only to put on 1lb! :( trying not to let it bother me as its totm so will hopefully go by next week along with a bit more. However my target of losing a stone before my birthday is looking less likely now :( 6.5lbs in two weeks - don't really think that's possible for me, but will give it a good try anyway!

This is a long term project rather than a quick fix so hopefully will put this week behind me and move on - easier said than done! Hate it really because it seems to be out of my control - wouldn't mind so much if i'd been naughty and munched the wrong stuff, but didn't even get the pleasure of doing that lol!

Will post food diary later when I've got more time as off to work this morning,

Bye for now,

Helen xx

Morning Helen

Boo to the 1lb on but I bet you will have a good loss next week, just you wait and see! Stick with it and see what happens, you've got a good positive attitude which is fab :)

Back