coriander and cumin powder
chilli powder
garam masala
garlic and ginger paste
blended green chilli
fresh coriander
passata/tin tomatoes
water
fish - either haddock, pollock or coley - you may try other types of fish but they may be flakier! Experiment!!

1. Marinade the fish steaks with 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp salt, and lemon juice
2. Leave the fish to marinate for at the very least 2 hours, but overnight is better.
3. In a pan add frylight and then add 1 can of chopped tomatoes or 1 box of passata
4. Add a pinch of salt and let it simmer for 5 mins.
5. Add 1/2 tsp of the following:
-turmeric
-coriander and cumin powder
-red chilli powder
-garlic and ginger paste
-blended green chillis
6. Add the fish and 1/2 cup of water and let it cook for 10 minutes on a low heat until the fish is fully cooked
7. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and a sprinkling of garam masala

Subscribing! Thank you so much, these all sound lovely and I can't wait to try them out :D xx

Ingredients

Frylight
1 blended onion
salt
passata/tinned tomatoes
Turmeric
Coriander and cumin powder
red chilli powder
garlic and ginger paste
blended green chillis (see first post)
prawns - raw or precooked
garam masala
fresh coriander
water

1. In a pan, add some frylight and cook off 1 blended onion until golden brown
2. Add 1/2 box of passata or tinned chopped tomatoes and 1/2 teaspoon of salt
3. Add 1 teaspoon of coriander and cumin powder
4. Add 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
5. Add 1/2 teaspoon of red chilli powder
6. Add 1/2 teaspoon of garlic and ginger paste
7. Add 1/2 teaspoon of blended chillis
8. Let this cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes before you add the prawns
9. Add 1/2 cup of water (dependant on how much sauce you want)
10. Cook for approx 15 minutes or until the prawns are fully cooked
11. Garnish with some fresh coriander and 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala sprinkled on top

Hey hun, I don't eat prawns but I'm assumin I cud just replace it in this recipe? Say wif chicken?
Thanks again 4 the recipes! xx

Fab recipes Peri. Do you have names for your recent recipes just so I know what to call them when I'm making them.

Thanks guys!!

Allimack - yeh pretty much mix and match if you like!!

Toots - we dont actually name our curries like rogan josh or that kinda stuff! because that just defines the same curry with maybe tweeks here and there and according to where it was produced i.e rajesthan! All my curries are gujarat style ones - and we just call them chicken curry or lamb curry or basically whatever is in there, then add extras if you want to or reduce the amount of chilli if you want to! Thats the great thing with curries you can style them the way you want! What im essentially doing is giving you the standard base of any curry! you are free to plonk in whatever you like!

I.e the lamb curry recipe i have on here i made on saturday with chicken, sweetcorn, peas and fenugreek leaves!

Going to try them all! We have curry most weeks in our house!

My new favourite SW recipe thread - thank you so much! Loving the dhansak, but I notice you didn't put pineapple in - is there any reason why I couldn't add it to your recipe? Dhansak is my favourite, but I love the pineapple!

I bought my OH a spice tin for christmas - but there are some spices in there we've never used before, unless we know them as something different - they are jeera seeds, dhania seeds and methi seeds - any ideas?!

Also, do you freeze your green chilli blend and garlic/ginger paste? I do buy the frozen cubes from the supermarket, but it can get expensive - I was thinking of making a batch and freezing it in ice cube trays!

Making your prawn curry tonight! :D

Thanks guys!!

Allimack - yeh pretty much mix and match if you like!!

Toots - we dont actually name our curries like rogan josh or that kinda stuff! because that just defines the same curry with maybe tweeks here and there and according to where it was produced i.e rajesthan! All my curries are gujarat style ones - and we just call them chicken curry or lamb curry or basically whatever is in there, then add extras if you want to or reduce the amount of chilli if you want to! Thats the great thing with curries you can style them the way you want! What im essentially doing is giving you the standard base of any curry! you are free to plonk in whatever you like!

I.e the lamb curry recipe i have on here i made on saturday with chicken, sweetcorn, peas and fenugreek leaves!

It's okay Peri. I've just read your posts from the laptop and that lets me see the title of your posts whereas I cant see them on my phone so it looked like you were just listing a whole load of ingredients!! Doh. My fault :rolleyes:

Making your prawn curry tonight! :D

Make sure you post a pic so i can see how it came out!!!

It's okay Peri. I've just read your posts from the laptop and that lets me see the title of your posts whereas I cant see them on my phone so it looked like you were just listing a whole load of ingredients!! Doh. My fault :rolleyes:

Haha its okay! I've done that before too! Its too difficult reading posts off a phone sometimes!!

I'll be following this MissPeriPeri

I love very spicy authentic curries normally chicken, do you have a vindaloo recipe?

Thanks

Craig

Will do! How many would you say it serves btw? Was thinking of doubling up as wasn't sure if half a carton of passata and water would go very far! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ditto about the prawn curry tonight! Bought some poppadoms earlier (2 syns each) and going to get cooking in a bit, can't wait :D Will post a picture when I'm done! Also making a raita (I know you have a recipe on here, but I'm going to just make that one up as I go along!) So excited! x

Back