A very excited Brad

Brad0053

Silver Member
I am off on my hols this Saturday to France for a couple of weeks with my family and another family - never quite works out as your head plans, but hey-ho. Thing is, how will a sad git like me cope without the Minimins - still Mrs Brad will see me more so she will be happier, or will she :eek: :eek: :eek:

Anyway, that's not my exciting news.

I'm also of to Florida for Halloween.......and......last night I booked a couple of flights for Mrs Brad to go to Vegas for a short break in February. Now, for the purposes of cheapness, I want to stay in Hooters as it is only about $30 a night. But Mrs Brad, being an intelligent woman (certainly a lot more intelligent than me anyway - although not difficult I know) immediately sussed that any place called Hooters is more likely to be for the gentlemen resident - oh well it was worth a try. So as we are not likely to go back again (she said that last year :confused: :confused:), Mrs Brad has suggested Caesars Palace and what Mrs Brad wants..........

Anyway, before someone shouts out "you bloody show off, going on about your holidays", I aint paying for them all (yet) those nice chaps at Egg have kindly stumped up the cash - they are good like that :D :D :D

I think I love holidays more than anything in the world, apart from Fruits of the Forest CD shakes of course. Oh and Mrs Brad and my two little chaps, but it's a close run thing :D

Have a fab time on (all!) your holidays Brad, Mrs Brad and the little Bradders! :D

Perhaps your family should come on holidays with mine and leave the 'nutters' to themselves.

I lurve Vegas. If we didn't have the mini me then we would be back there like a shot tomorrow - and this is from the couple that 'don't do towns' :eek:

My tip to you is to learn when all the free shows are and where all the free train rides etc go to and from because what you think is a short walk past one hotel is blooming miles ;)

The bus from one end of the strip to the other is dead cheap too and worth doing :)

I lurve Vegas. If we didn't have the mini me then we would be back there like a shot tomorrow - and this is from the couple that 'don't do towns' :eek:

My tip to you is to learn when all the free shows are and where all the free train rides etc go to and from because what you think is a short walk past one hotel is blooming miles ;)

The bus from one end of the strip to the other is dead cheap too and worth doing :)

I went there for my 40th (last year) and we stayed at the Luxor. It was June and HOT, HOT, HOT.

It was also the best break I have ever had with my wife and the only time we had been away without the children. Luckily, I have a brilliant Sister who although she lives in Ireland, she was willing to come over and stay with us, then look after my boys. She is doing the honours again for the next Vegas trip. Frankly, without her, we wouldn't go. She is the only person we would let look after our kids - she does a better job than us :D :D

Ooh I am jealous lol. We are going back to florida in November 2007 well disney anyway and I love it so much I also love holidays.
I am looking for a short cheap break in november this year for hubbys birthday as well but its hard to find one not centred around food

I know what you mean - chosing holidays, it's almost about re-learning. Certainly my focus about what I will enjoy about any holiday is more activity based than it ever was before.

With regard to November, we had a couple of breaks in the Canaries about late October/early November before my boy started school and they were cheap. Depends how short you want though I suppose.

I went there for my 40th (last year) and we stayed at the Luxor. It was June and HOT, HOT, HOT.

It was also the best break I have ever had with my wife and the only time we had been away without the children. Luckily, I have a brilliant Sister who although she lives in Ireland, she was willing to come over and stay with us, then look after my boys. She is doing the honours again for the next Vegas trip. Frankly, without her, we wouldn't go. She is the only person we would let look after our kids - she does a better job than us :D :D

Do you think she'd have my monster for me :D

Have a great time Brad! I'm off too.

People will be talking :D

Lucky you Brad
Inclassable66.gif
I am sure you will have a lovely time
Inclassable47.gif
in France...you will have to tell us all about it when you get home.

I am still planning and exciting night (I will settle for one) away with my husband...
Inclassable107.gif

How many holidays do you have a year???

I am still planning and exciting night (I will settle for one) away with my husband...

I haven't been married that long, but it is exciting to get away for however long. Much as I adore my children, I adore my wife as well and I like to see her relax - she works harder than me.

How many holidays do you have a year???

It's more about what we spend on holidays than the number. Before my boy went to school we would get away (cheap deals) every week we had off.

Now with the price we all have to pay for 'school holiday' holidays, the pound doesn't stretch anywhere near as far.

This year we have gone a bit OTT. But the Florida trip is a reward for me for losing the weight and for my family for putting up with me :D . The Feb trip is technically a short break ;) and it does fall in to next year anyway.

Just paid ours off! But oh soooooooooo tempting to have a little break away....but so nice not owing anyone anything for a change!

I did think my 'egg'cellent was pretty witty though!

Kamilla

Back