A very long winded hello

flipflopflab

I've been on and off dieting for about 9 years, losing and gaining the same 2 stone (and some after having babies).

I'm a slimming world girl - I've tried weight watchers but was most digruntled about the lack of pasta and potato I was allowed so gave that up pretty quickly! I've joined SW about 7 times in these 9 years and always done quite well, then got bored and made excuses about why I couldn't continue (moving house, having babies, chrsitmas etc etc)

Last year I finally felt like I had a break threw on the weight loss front - I began running....who knew exercise helped ;):p I managed to begin to comfortably run 5k, and with eating well the inches were dropping off. The the excuses came creeping back in...I went on an all-inclusive holiay, followed by my brother getting married, followed by moving house and that it was October - no point in eating well and exercising then because it's basically Christmas!

But Christmas is now done and dusted, and the new year is here and like thousands of other people, and like every other year for me now is the beginning of eating healthy and exercising. What a cliche, but it's my cliche.

I've signed myself up for a 5k run at the end of March to force myself into running again and am back on the slimming world diet - however no group for me this time. I know the plan like the back of my hand and to be perfectly honest don't like to interact with most the people in the group and find the group therpy mind numbingly dull. No offence to any SW leaders or members who love it, I know it works for a lot of people, I have friends who saw they wouldn't be able to carry on with the plan without group therepy but it's just not for me.

I use this website a lot for ideas etc, and I come across it on many occasions through google searching various SW related questions but had never thought about joining. I've not used a forum before but decided it's worth a go! I'm not one for sharing stuff all over FB but I do like the idea of sharing my ups an downs.

I've also, for the first time ever taken a 'before' picture. That has motived me loads, and I'll look at it everytime I make an excuse about why I can't go for a run and why it's ok to have that massive peice of chcolate cake. I don't want to share it with anyone right now as I actually look like that now, but I'm hoping I'll feel confident enough at some point this year to share it with an 'after' picture.

and that's it, that's me and that's why I'm here.

Hi there and welcome. Your story sounds so so much like mine (apart from the babies part) so I know just how you feel. I always lose a couple of stone and then sneak it back on again. I've just rejoined SW for about the 5th time.

I mostly hang out in the members diary forum. Feel free to pop over and say hi

Hi there FlipFlop! Your story is pretty much just like mine without the children! But I find this site very helpful. I find keeping a Daily Food Diary on here or Weight Loss Diary helps me loads, and reading other peoples as well as you get ideas for different food to try and things like that. It would be nice to follow your progress on a WeightLoss Diary :) Good luck for the year, and welcome to the forum! xxx

Hi and welcome :)

Im a SW gal myself, even back to the old red and green days. However, I must say EE does work for me and I was very skeptical at the beginning.

Good luck! :)

Back