A wave hello

stripedsocks

I just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself! I've been hanging around here a while now reading and thought it's time to throw myself into things a bit more and see if you ladies can help to motivate me. I'm using MFP for tracking.

I'm a full-time working married Mum of two with lots of interests and hobbies, unfortunately none of my interests are very energetic (although they are mentally tiring) so when I'm finished working, Mummying, and "hobbying" for the day the last thing I want to do is exercise :sigh: I know that that's the only thing that is going to help me shift this last stone or so and when I DO decide I'm going to get fit, I do really well for a 3 week period (roughly) before I get a bit bored and tired. I own a cross trainer and a wii fit so it really shouldn't be that much of an issue, it's not as if I have to travel far to get moving... it's just the "doing it and sticking with it" that I'm struggling with! Any tips, ladies?

Last edited:
Hi Stripey socks, are you sure you need to lose another stone! :p Your a great weight for your height!

Re the exercise, the only tip i have is to do it every day for 2 weeks, get yourself into the habit then you actually miss how good it makes you feel when you don't do it one day!

Welcome to CC xxx

Thanks for the reply! I carry way too much weight around my middle - I have a proper belly on me that I need to lose, my son asked me yesterday if I was pregnant again! I was the thinnest i've ever been at 8st 13lb 4 years ago before I fell pregnant with my daughter, and I can honestly say i've never felt sexier than I did then, so I want to get that feeling back! I know i'm not overweight, my bmi is 23, but I just NEEEd to get this last clem off! :-D

I hold it around my middle too, i find drinking a lot of water reduces any bloating, so it looks a lot flatter lately.

It's great that you have your son to support you! :D

Good for your son! Hopefully he can motivate you enough to get exercising regular. There are lots of good fitness games for the Wii now :)

I just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself! I've been hanging around here a while now reading and thought it's time to throw myself into things a bit more and see if you ladies can help to motivate me. I'm using MFP for tracking.

I'm a full-time working married Mum of two with lots of interests and hobbies, unfortunately none of my interests are very energetic (although they are mentally tiring) so when I'm finished working, Mummying, and "hobbying" for the day the last thing I want to do is exercise :sigh: I know that that's the only thing that is going to help me shift this last stone or so and when I DO decide I'm going to get fit, I do really well for a 3 week period (roughly) before I get a bit bored and tired. I own a cross trainer and a wii fit so it really shouldn't be that much of an issue, it's not as if I have to travel far to get moving... it's just the "doing it and sticking with it" that I'm struggling with! Any tips, ladies?

Hi Striped socks, welcome. We all seem to be quite a friendly bunch on here. Have you tried Zumba for the Wii, lots of people on here are raving about it? I would love to be the weight you are now, but I totally understand about getting rid of the flabby belly, I have one of those too. Lol!
My fitness pal is a great site too, it lets you put in all your data and it suggests a goal weight and daily calorie count, you can also put in your exercise and it lets you eat those calories too.
Good luck with the weight loss. Keep in touch, feel free to add me as a friend, I'm Fionat29 on here and MFP. :grouphugg:

Helllooo :D Stick to calorie counting and you're going to do splendid :D Just ask if you've got any questions. Sometimes this stuff can take a while to get your head around, especially since there's a lot of conflicting messages out there. A good few of us have been here a while, so between us all we'll be able to give you the best advice possible. :)

Best of luck x

:D :D You're very welcome! Just ask for help anytime... we don't bite (too many calories :D )

Oh dear... did I just make a CCing joke?

Back