A Weigh of Life

Zoe!!! Don't give up,just had a look at a couple of your food diaries, if you eat like that every day you should be losing? Suggestions....up your water intake massively, up your speed and superspeed foods. Vary your A and B choices every day. Try scan bran you can buy it from holland and barret. In fact vary what you are eating every day, your body gets used to the same/ similar foods after time.
Get some excercise in there, anything as long as you're moving yourself more than normal. That could be dancing around the house, walking, swimming, whatever floats your boat....but moooove!
You know all these things will work, sometimes we just need reminding. I know I'm a bossy boots, but it would be a shame to give in now, you were feeling great. Have a 110% week and I promise hand on heart you'll have a good loss and will feel amazing.
Anything I can do to help, let me know
Trixy xxxxxxx

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
You've done so well. No giving up! June may not have been as fruitful as you'd hoped for, but there is now all of July in which to make up for it! Plan on 100% days for the next week and you'll definitely see a difference. You can do it! xx

Thanks for all your lovely encouraging messages.

But I'm actually still so upset I could burst into tears.

I have to keep my day so structured for doing shifts and NOT cheating that changing what I currently have as my standard food is quite a task.

I knwo what fills me up and can see me through until my next opportunity to eat.

Right now I could do what I did before and hit Pret a Manger for a cheese and bacon croissant

And being upset is making me unbelievably hungry. I can't think about anything except the fact I can't eat what I want to eat.

And my boss is loudly chewing on a packet of starburst, the noise from which is making me feel sick, and i told her yet she's still chewing disgustingly.

In a very bad place today.

Hi, hope you don't mind me butting in. Please don't give up! Your diary is really inspiring (first selfish reason) and makes me crack up laughing (second selfish reason).

I can't even get going on SW. Sometimes I think it sounds great but most times it sounds to faffy and ridiculous (syns indeed). Why 28g, so what if it's 30? etc. etc.

You are p----d off right now and upset but your body is not a machine and won't always do as it's told. I'm sure if you stick another week, you'll be heading for a good loss.

Go ahead, weigh the cake, wrap it up and give it to your boss. Have yourself a vodka and take a fresh look at it again tomorrow.

Hugs Pomooky XX

Zoe - everyone has said it. DO NOT GIVE UP. You have done well - you've lost over a stone and can do the rest.

I think there must be something in the air this week. Or maybe the moon is affecting things - as there are a fair few of us who have STS or gained. There's a few us struggling this week. I think LittleSos has given all her pounds to us!

Like you I've lost a mere half pound since the beginning of June. But I will plod on as I know I can do this and get to my target come hell or high water.

You DID actually lose this week. Some people only ever lose half or a pound a week - I do. That's just my body. I had a few good weeks at the start but after that settled down to slow and steady. Maybe you are like this too.

Now that might sound quite depressing - as it means it's gonna take some time to get to target. BUT it also means that maintaining should be easier too.

Go back and look at your food diaries for the weeks when you did well. What were you doing differently? Can you do the same again.

I'm not saying it's easy Zoe but being fat is just as hard!

Hey chica. I've only lost 2lbs in the last month too. It is very demotivating when that happens.

Stick in there, it will all come good if you persist. As someone else said, this can be hard at times. But being fat is harder, and a lot more depressing. Look after and embrace those little half pounds. They soon add up, even if it doesn't feel like it at the time. Good luck hun. x

I have had two very bad days.

Yesterday I barely ate anything. I had to cram in my healthy extras 5 mins befor egoing to bed.

Today I treated myself to a Pret A Manger breakfast baguette, I just syned it. there's 27 syns in it. TWENTY SEVEN!!!

I think I may have gone over the edge a bit.

And I've also had a packet of monster munch. And an alpen light.

So I'm at 35.5 syns for the day.

I know it is easier to say than do but just try and forget about the last two days and just look foward... You can do it hun and if you need anything just pm me and I will reply x

I agree with Michelle, just draw a line under it. It's easy to beat ourselves up from these things but it's done. So move on.

This is a difficult journey and you are going through a rough patch. If you look at your stats (in your signature) you are doing great. You had one gain but that's it. So keep at it. Try to make sure that you have some of the things that you like (monster munch etc !) to help keep you interested.

You are not alone. I have moments where I just don't want to be bothered with SW. I'm fed up with it. But I know that I can't go back to where I came from, so I don't really have a choice. So then I go back to the books (or this website) to look for new recipes to 'spice things up' again and that helps.

Big hugs.

Gail x

Weekend has been slightly better. I think I may be going completely the other way though and I'm not eating nearly as much as usual. Although I always eat less at weekends as I occupy myself at home much better than I do at work

In about 6 hours I have to weigh in and I just had a packet of Caramel Nibbles. 10 syns. Didn't like them. Takes me 2.5 syns over for the day.

I know it won't affect my weight loss for the morning but I still know I'm being a bit of (well, a complete) idiot about the diet at the minute.

I'll post a proper diary update after weigh in - but I wanted to get teh confession out of the way so hopefully tomorrow can be all about being positive and looking forward.

Zxx

Ooooh - and I just noticed that tomorrow is the date of my next target. I need to lose 1lb to get there.

I shall dream of slim things and hope that has a massive impact.

You asked about breakfast on Minimums diary.

ANYTHING is fine for breakfast - you just need to eat something to kick start your system (that coming from one who never eats before 1pm!)

The problem with MM was all she'd had all day was fruit. Not too good as you system is getting no long lasting carbs so that's when you get tempted to snack on sweet, sugary things.

If you are going to be doing something active after breakfast then you are better getting some cereal inside you to keep you going. If you are going to be fairly sedentary then fruit is fine, so long as you eat something more substantial for lunch.

As I said, I can't face food in the morning but my friend who does SW swears by porridge with a spoonful of honey and some rasperries. Nice combinatin of foods - superspeed berries with a longer lasting carb to stop you feeling hungry in the morning.

Hope this helps.

Week 18 weigh in - "Taking Snapshots" aka flash bang wallop what a picture

Okay - so news out of the way first: I lost 2lb. I made my 13th July target with 1lb spare. I'm finally at a weight that starts with a 12. My week of being a misery guts is over. I'm willing to admit that SW does still work.

So, as regular readers will know last week I entered a dark place. That place where you say "f*ck it - i don't mind being fat anyway" or "it's everyone else that has a problem with me being overweight".

Now anyone that's been with me from the start will know that I don't really think either of these things and very early on I confessed that these were two of the excuses that made every other diet attempt fail. I do care. No-one else is bothered at all. The only person punished by this is me. I *have* to care or I'll never be happy with Me.

Now I have another confession. I said I lost 0.5lb last week. That was a bit fake to be honest. I should really have counted it as a sts but I was so angry when I weighed in i moved the scales around and around until I stood on them and got a smaller number (the landing carpet for future reference).

That probably accounts for 50% of my week long strop. The fact that I felt I had to lie about it as the shamefulness of another sts was to much for me to cope with. The other 50% was pure self hate.

I took a snapshot of my weight loss. I looked at how I'd done since the start of June and I'd only lost half a pound. of course I could have just gone back 4 weeks and that would have been 2lb. Or I could have gone back 6 weeks and it would have been 6lb. Or I could have gone back 16 weeks and seen I'd lost 16lb. It was an irrelevant yet heartbreaking snapshot.

This diet isn't about a handful of weeks. It's not a little picture taken on a disposable camera. It's a carefully planned out proper big photo taken by a proper photographer in a studio with your hair and make up done that you'd be proud enough to put on your wall when you're done.

And I'm not done yet. I'm not even half way there yet. I am pleased that I'm now over one third of the way there though.

And I only have 1.5lb to go until I get the holy grail of losing 10%. EVERY diet club gives you the 10% aim. I have never got there before. And I've done lots of diets (and obviously failed miserably).

And even better I only have to do another 6lb until I am officially overweight. That is: until I have managed to drag my arse down from what the professionals consider to be obese and just be "overweight".

Perversely, I'm really looking forward to being overweight :D

So in conclusion: we're going to have a much better week this week. I reallyw ant to get my 10% by next week so it's all baked beans, strawberries and melon.

100% for 10%

Zxx

I only went and forgot......

I re-did my measurements yesterday as that was going to be subject of my diary update.

So anyway... here they are. I've included those from a year ago just in case anyone is looking in and wanting to see how they measure up.

I'm 5ft 3 and June 2010 I weighed 14st 13, March 2011 = 14st 3.5lb and I am currently 12st 13lb. So there's precisely 2 stone difference between first set and 2nd set.

BUST
June 2010: 43.5.
March 2011: 44

July 2011: 40.5

Under BUST
Jun 2010- 38.5
March 11: 37.5
July 11: 36.5

WAIST
June 2010: 38
March 2011: 37
July 2011: 35

HIPS
June 2010: 48.5
March 2011: 45.5
July 2011: 43

THIGH
June 2010: 29
March 2011: 26
July 2011: 25.5

CALF
June 2010: 17.5
March 2011: 17
July 2011: 16.5

Nice one Zoe! Ps I prefer you like this ;) xx

Hahaha - thank you honey. I prefer me like this too. Some days the dark places don't even offer a chink of light though.

You gotta feel for everyone at my work though: I was an absolute nightmare to be around last week and they had weather the storm for 10 hours at a time.

Well done you!

Even if we don't always get the loss we want or deserve, the measurements speak for themselves.

That is some inch loss!!

xxxxxxxx :D

Back