A weight loss tip !!!!

Oh great, my mom just set her target and starts chemo in a few weeks.
She will have to start paying on top of everything else. ::rolleyes::

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Chemotherapy affects everyone differently, some people lose weight, some gain and some stay about the same. I hope everything goes well for your mum coljack x

Oh great, my mom just set her target and starts chemo in a few weeks.
She will have to start paying on top of everything else. ::rolleyes::

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

My mother didn't really loose weight with Chemo, it pretty much stayed the same so it's not par for the course. Hope it all goes well for her.

I did WW on and off for 5 years, I was even a leader for 2 years. But I found it such hard work, I was CONSTANTLY hungry, nothing filled me up properly and I hated the fact that most fruit was pointed (although it obviously isn't now). I was thin but I was miserable so when I fell off the wagon properly after a couple of years of yo-yoing, I put nearly all of it back on. Now that I have discovered SW I would never go back. I think it's so much more flexible and I'm hardly ever hungry at all, I can eat my fill and I know that it's sustainable long term, a lifestyle choice rather than a diet. The only thing I miss about WW is the meetings, they are much better. You actually learn something every week rather than just talking about peoples weeks!

Thanks for starting this thread as I am feeling a little demoralised on SW 2 weeks after STS after trying hard one week & being slightly naughty the second week but still staying the same. Suffering a lot with PMT & wanted to eat everything in front of me (the PC looks tasty!) at mo so after reading this I feel more motivated . I have done WW before but found the classes very unfriendly & clicky & the fact they sit in rows & not a circle in group I found odd too. Anyway one thing I have learnt recently is too look at calories in things that are low sin as my mum has lost nearly 3 ½ stone due to chemo & we are trying to build her up & I have never ever looked at calories of things until then & am shocked how high somethings are

My Mum also lost 3 1/2 stone after radiotherapy for mouth cancer, and as she was only 8 1/2 stone to start, it was harrowing!
She now lives on Fortisips and Calogen now (she will never eat again thanks to the Radiotherapy that saved her life) and her weight went up quite quickly, the reason I say all this is of your mum can't manage the food she could get Fortisips on prescription even just one a day would help.

Before her treatment began my mum was told to try to gain as much weight as possible tips they gave her was switch SS milk for full fat and if she could manage it switch to Gold Top or single cream for some things. Adding butter to mash, and eating energy dense foods like fruit cake/plum puddings. To fry everything too.
Best of luck xxxx

Back to topic...I did WW for a few weeks followed it religiously and lost a pound. (with 9 stone to lose)
The consultant said I wasn't eating enough! But I couldn't see how eating more would help.

Shirleen said:
Back to topic...I did WW for a few weeks followed it religiously and lost a pound. (with 9 stone to lose)
The consultant said I wasn't eating enough! But I couldn't see how eating more would help.

Had the same experience with rosemary coneley - there is something in it though - your car doesn't run without enough fuel & neither do you! When you're bigger you need more fuel to keep going. Its why you get more points if you're bigger on WW & a higher calorie limit on RM

Have never done WW myself but have friends who love it, especially being able to earn more points by exercising, and saving points for nights out.

Back