A year later & starting again again ( please be for keeps)

Good luck. I will be 41 in a few months, I'm determined to have lost most of my weight, fingers crossed. I was lucky, I stuffed my face in the run up to, on, and after my 40th because I was pregnant :rolleyes: x

Good luck ... Get yourselves sorted now or you'll be like me and still trying to get there when you're practically 60!!!

Welcome back SuperNova.

I know it's bittersweet but just think you know you can do it and what's important is finding ways whilst on this journey again to better maintain so you never have to do it again!

I hope tomorrow goes well for you to get you back on track! :)

It's interesting how we can be so into one end of the spectrum (not caring if we have to say no to food), and equally as into the other end soon after (not caring what we eat!). I think the root is motivation. The motivation to lose weight gives us the ability to stick to this extreme diet. Why do we lose motivation to maintain? I think denial kicks in. We can't see that we are bigger (as we don't look big anymore) so we justify what we eat. And the more you eat, the stronger the denial gets, and along with that, the physical affects of sugar and carbs can be very addictive.

Just my early morning thoughts!! Will be following as spurring you on. Stick around long term to maintain. This is what I intend to do. I have lost the weight successfully a few years ago (3 stone) and then hovered around gaining and losing the same 1 stone. But since April 2014 I gained a disgusting amount through bingeing and started this diet at 4stone above my goal weight- the heaviest I've ever been. I suppose that makes me a typical yo yo dieter.

I would also say take a before pic in underwear. I felt so sick from mine. And I will never ever ever let myself look like that again.

Anyway good luck x x

How are you getting on?

You can do it SuperNova, it's only defeat if we give up trying again. Soon the restart will be the last time and you'll nail it for good and be slim forever! Woo! :)

Back