A year (plus) to save my life

Jo-M

Hello
I have found this programme on sky1 quite motivating, I realise it will take me longer than a year to lose this weight but I also realise I have seriously got to try and deal with my food and emotional issues and get this weight down before any medical complications occur.

I currently weigh 21 stone 9lbs and I cannot believe it.

Two events occured in the last few days that were a bit of a wake up call - my sister joined slimming world and weighed in at 10 stone 10. I did the maths - I am 2 of my sister. I went to join slimming world , there was a hold up with the weigh ins so there was a huge queue - I looked around and realised I was the biggest in the room by about 5 stone. Believe it or not - depite the fact I have been in many embarrassing situastions due to my weight I have never had that feeling that I was the biggest in the room.
Not a nice feeling.

Im not feeling sorry for myself, I have eaten and drunk my way to this weight and I need to cop on.

By the way, wrongly or rightly I walked out of the slimming world meeting before I joined and went home and joined online. Happy with my decision at the moment but it will probably take me longer to get my head around this new diet. Signed up for 3 months after which I hope to join a group meeting.

Good luck to all of us on this journey X

I have been totally inspired by this programme too, I don't have very much to lose but I am very aware that it would not take long for me to become someone with a lot to lose - I don't have to take my eye off the ball for very long and my weight shoots up so I can absolutely understand how people get themselves into this situation.

I am following ww but will be following your journey with interest, you have done the hardest thing by taking the decision to sign up online and start the diet. If you have questions just ask, there are so many fab people on here, I did sw for a couple of months before ww and the people here were full of nothing but support!

Good luck and enjoy it! You've taken the first step now & you will be successful! And if you have a bad day just dust yourself off and start again, don't think you've ruined everything. You can and will lose the weight you want to if you follow the plan!

I look forward to seeing where you are in 12 months time! :) x x

Thank you! It's slow but it works when I stick to it, it doesn't when I don't! :) x x

Good luck to you Jo-M, you have made a start to losing some extra weight. I have read your post carefully and I believe you can make this happen. I look forward to reading about your journey to target.

Jo-M I was almost exactly the same weight as you when I started at the end of September, and now am 2 1/2 stone lighter! So you can definitely do it! Good luck! :)

Thanks for the replies girls, I think I have been in a bad place the last few years and to have some encouragement is very helpfull!
Rachpid - I hope to follow in your footsteps in the next few months .. congratulations to you

Back