A yummy (and happier and healthier) mummy - for good this time!

Poor Reece :-( its getting that time of year now where there's just bugs everywhere. oH always brings it home when he's been working in pre-schools!
Hope the bloat goes- I think youre probably right with the cause being more food than the last few days but today's food sounds nice! Jacket potato yearning is growing again lol.
Someone used my cauliflower cheese soup as a lasagne white sauce and confirmed it works well :D I'm gonna give it a try x

Haha Rosie! I've definitely had a jacket potato frenzy lately! Had 2 packs of the McCain ready bakes in the freezer and now they're all gone! Im sure I'll buy some with the weekly shop and then they'll sit in the freezer for ages again!!
Think it helps that I've discovered the Heinz bbq beans!

Reece is still full of spirits despite being unwell- problem is he still wants to do all our usual activities and playgroups when I just want him to rest indoors! I guess the fresh air does him good and he is bundled up!

Definitely good to know there is a free option when eating out! And most places sell them because they have a good profit margin :)

Forgot to post yesterday as I had a friend over for a catch up- was a boring affair as we just drank tea!!

Yesterdays food-
B: Nothing.
L: Sausage and tomato sandwich (3 x Tesco light choices sausages 3syns, roasted tomatoes, 1tbsp tomato sauce 1syn and 60g WM bread hexB) Pops 4.5syns.
D: Salmon with roasted veg couscous (butternut squash, onion, peppers, garlic and tomatoes)

Snacks: Fruit salad (apple, pear, grapes, kiwi and plum) Yogurt.
Drinks: Loads of cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk hexA) Flavoured fizzy water.
Syn Total- 7.5syns

Nice low syn day :) Did a ton of housework- including some overdue dusting and sorting of paperwork. Plus loads of entertaining Reece because he gets cabin fever so easily, as we go out pretty much every day!!

Decided to add todays food plan early today! I usually have a rough idea but generally wing it- maybe why I lose track of syns on some occasions!

Although today I have been in a pickish, hungry mood so have pretty much used up all my syns and its not even 2pm!

Hoping my dinner works out- I need to use these two leftover sausages and remember seeing the sausage meat used as meatballs before!

Todays food-
B: Half a satsuma.
L: 4 x original ryvitas hexB topped with 50g philadelphia lightest 2.5syns and roast salmon. Pops 4.5syns.
D: Meatballs (made from 2 x tesco light choices sausages 2syns and onions) with free tomato sauce, pasta and 40g reduced fat cheddar part hexA.

Snacks: Fruit salad (apple, pear, grapes, kiwi and plum) Mini bag of pretzels 5.5syns.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk part hexA) Flavoured fizzy water.
Syn Total- 14.5syns

Sausage meatballs didn't work- despite me refrigerating them to try and solidify them they broke up during cooking so I ended up with more of a ragu type thing. Was still delicious!

That's a shame but glad it was still yummy- sausages can't make anything bad can they?!
I have done the sausage meat meatballs before but I wonder if mine worked because they weren't low fat ones, perhaps the fat holds them together..? X

Probably Rosie! I was tempted to add an egg to bind before I chucked them in the fridge but the mix was already pretty gooey.
Only afterwards did I realise I've got some tesco meat free meatballs in the freezer- I think they are syn free now?! I know the mince is.

Oh dear lol I'm not 100% if the meat free balls are syn free- I don't count them as syns but I'm not as vigilant as I should be!
Did you brown the sausage balls first? Sometimes getting them golden all over helps them hold together but not always :-( x

Browned them first but they stuck and started falling apart straight away. It was still yum so im not overly bothered.

Had a bad stomach again today- getting them regularly again so maybe a trip back to the doctors might be in order. Maybe they'll listen to me seems as I'm going a second time.

Had a green day today- I think!

Todays food-
L: Garlic and herb heinz beans on 60g WM toast hexB. Couldn't really taste the garlic in the beans- was overshadowed by the herb taste.
D: Cheesy pasta (80g reduced fat cheddar hexA and hexB, pasta, 20g light spread 4syns)

Snacks: Yogurt. Half a banana. Freddo 5syns.
Drinks: Costa medium skinny vanilla latte (skimmed milk hexA and half syrup 2syns) 3 x cups of tea (sweetener and dashes of skimmed milk 1.5syns) Pepsi max cherry. Water.
Syn Total- 12.5syns

Congratulations on the loss :)

That's sounds like a plan - Restrained week off is what I am going for too though I'm staying at home which makes it slightly easier I mean I don't want to be too restrictive and not enjoy myself as that as always led to me quitting diets in a huff before but I don't want to go too mad and undo too much of my hard work this year so I am going to try and make slimming world versions of what I would normally have but allow myself some treats and then have Christmas day off and see what happens. Going to keep up the swimming too hopefully.

I think my mother in law is cooking xmas dinner so of course I will offer to help. She's conscious of her weight too so that will help- she's more of a WW fan though but I hate counting points and buying loads of ready meals.

Todays food-
L: 40g salmon and dill philadelphia light 4syns on 60g WM toast hexB. Space raiders 3syns. Satsuma.
D: Chicken breast coated in schwartz seasoning. Roasted veggie medley (potatoes, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers and onions)

Snacks: Grapes. Banana. Yogurt. Sugar free werthers original 0.5syn.
Drinks: Costa medium skinny vanilla latte (skimmed milk hexA and half syrup 2syns) Flavoured fizzy water. 3 x cups of tea (sweetener and dashes of skimmed milk 1.5syns) Options hot chocolate (toffee one- delish!!) 2syns.
Syn Total- 13syns

Decided for meat free Monday tomorrow- looking forward to the extra hex's!

Edited: Added the options and the werthers original! Evening sugary treat!

Last edited:
Back