A yummy (and happier and healthier) mummy - for good this time!

Food's sounding good! I like the sound of your tuna melts.. hmm!

So tired today for some reason- just feeling really drained and lethargic :(
But on a funny note- my and H2B have a themed party to go to at the end of the month. Its 90's themed (was it THAT long ago that its now considered a theme??!!) and we have decided to go as Ash and Pikachu from Pokemon- lame couples fancy dress!! Im buying a yellow dress but making the ears and tail- found a few online tutorials and I used to be pretty nifty with a needle and thread (used to do a lot of cross-stitching too- even hand customised our family Xmas stockings!!) Wish me luck but Im sure I'll be cussing away once I get started.

Todays food-
B: A quarter of an orange (stuffed into my face by Reece- he seems to think its hilarious to feed everyone at the moment!)
L: 40g phili light (the sweet chilli one- was nice but not really as a toast topping- be lovely stirred into a sauce though) 3.5syns on 60g WM toast hexB. Yogurt.
D: Cheats paella style rice (50g chorizo 4syns, chicken, peas, onion, rice and stock)

Snacks: Half a banana. A couple of grapes. A few slices of carrot.
Drinks: Costa medium skinny vanilla latte (skimmed milk hexA and syrup 2syns- I asked for less syrup and watched as he pumped twice instead of the normal three. Was much more to my taste too!) 3 x cups of tea (sweetener and dashes of skimmed milk 1.5syns). Flavoured fizzy water.
Syn Total- 11syns

Have fun making your fancy dress costumes lovely! Do you have much planned for the weekend? Hope you're feeling better soon xxx

Thanks Jade! I bought the felt and stuffing yesterday so gona start it this week! Will poat piccies when I'm all dressed up!!

Not much planned this weekend- had work yesterday, which was pants. Today we are going to look around some shops- need to look at some trikes and maybe a mega bloks table or dancing Mickey Mouse for Reece's xmas and birthday pressies- the trouble with having a December baby!! And I need a new coat!!

Hope you're having a great (but on plan!) weekend too!!

Forgot to post my food yesterday as I fell asleep on the sofa...

Yesterdays food-
B: Nothing.
L: Fruit salad (apple, pear, grapes and kiwi) Space raiders 3syns. Special K chewy bar hexB.
D: 2 x McCain ready bake jacket potatoes 2syns topped with heinz bbq beans, 40g phili light 4syns and 40g reduced fat cheddar 4syns.

Snacks: Banana. Satsuma.
Drinks: 2 x cups of tea (sweetener and dashes of skimmed milk 1syn) Water. Flavoured fizzy water. Starbucks medium skinny caramel latte (skimmed milk hexA and syrup 3syns)
Syn Total- 17syns

A little over due to a syn ful tea although looking back at it I could've probably had a green day and used some of the cheese on my jacket as a hexA and been under- the problem being I dont understand green/ red days as I've only done EE. But I think I'm working it out correctly so not too concerned that I'm a little over :)

Well done. You must be very pleased. Congrats on the three stone. You definitely had a green day there btw as you had no meat and on green you can use cheese for your a and b so definitely weren't over.

Agreed re green day too- here's a very mini guide to green, as I understand it.
Green- 2x A, 2x B choices. A choices are the same as on Extra Easy so the same quantities of cheese and milk. B choices are also the same as extra easy in terms of cereals, bread, cooked fruit etc. Also you can choose meat as a B choice (otherwise you would have to syn any meat or fish at the highest value). E.g 125g cooked prawns, 150g cod, 70g cooked chicken, 55g cooked bacon all count as one B choice. As Snow rightly says, cheese also counts as a B choice. So essentially you could have a huge chunk of cheese ;-)
On the days when you're not that bothered about meat or fish, it's really handy to have a green day- the extra Healthy Extras make a big difference!
Syn values is where it can be tricky e.g if you want extra meat or fish you have to syn it, but treats wise the syns are the same (chocolate, crisps etc.)
Hope this helps! xx

Thanks ladies :) I am so happy! AND I bought a coat today in a size 14 that actually does up over my boobs (Ive got a rather large chest- 36f)

Thanks for the explanation on green days Rosie and the reassurance that it was a green day (both Rosie and Snow!) Maybe I shall look into that tomorrow- no meat planned but could make room for two coffees for my hexAs!

Started sorting out my xmas shopping today- I'm usually finished by now and just buying stocking fillers and wrapping paper!!

Todays food-
B: Half a satsuma.
L: 2 x egg and bacon sandwiches (WM bread hexB and 6syns, eggs fried in frylight, bacon and 2tbsp tomato sauce 2syns)
D: Asda cheese and ham pasta n sauce (1.5syns- made with 100ml skimmed milk 2syns and water)

Snacks: Banana.
Drinks: Starbucks medium skinny caramel latte (skimmed milk hexA and syrup 3syns). 2 x cups of tea (sweetener and dashes of skimmed milk 1syn) Flavoured fizzy water.
Syn Total- 15.5syns

Half a syn over :(

Don't worry about being half a syn over! I'm sure you'll be fine.

I need to start christmas shopping as well, but people want expensive stuff this year!!

Sorry I forgot to post yesterday- had a rubbish day at work ending with a massive complaint which meant I left work 15 minutes late, missed my bus and wasnt home until almost half 9 (I finish work at 8)

I think I had a green day... If I'm following the plan correctly...

Yesterdays food-
L: Fruit salad (apple, pear, grapes, kiwi and plum) Special k chewy bar hexB. Mini bag of pretzels 5syns.
D: Weetabix oaty bar hexB. Yogurt. Satsuma. Space raiders 3syns.

Snacks: None.
Drinks: Costa medium skinny vanilla latte (skimmed milk hexA and half amount of syrup 2syns) Cafe Nero medium skinny mocha (skimmed milk hexA and cocoa 3syns) 2 x cups of tea (sweetener and dashes of skimmed milk 1syn) Water.
Syn Total- 14syns

Thanks Rosie! Yes- mainly because I got home so late and I couldn't be bothered to cook anything- I was so stressed following that complaint!

Im sure I'll make up for the lack of food later in the week when I have time to cook and scoff!

I did enjoy having the extra coffee with the hexA though! May look into green days more as I don't eat a huge amount of meat and can easily swap it on some days for quorn :)

Had a meeting with my manager today- he got on the defensive straight away saying I was accusing him of something and saying that I am making things up. I saw red a little but brushed it off that we obviously remember things differently.
If I take any positives- at least he now knows I wont be walked over and wont take any poop.

On a food note- went to a local cafe/ sandwich shop for lunch and found out they are actually quite SW friendly! Use WM bread, no butter or spread and on the tuna they use a vinegarette rather than mayo :) Very happy!

Todays food-
L: Slightly spiced tuna and salad sandwich (tuna, vinegarette- hope I'm over synning with 3syns as I couldn't get an exact recipe from them! Onions, red pepper, cucumber and WM bread hexB plus 2syns for full sized loaf) Satsuma.
D: Bachelors chicken super rice. Yogurt. Satsuma.

Snacks: Fruit salad (apple, pear, grapes, kiwi and plum) Pops 4.5syns. Banana. Yogurt.
Drinks: Generic regular skinny mocha (skimmed milk hexA and cocoa 3syns) Water. 2 x cups of tea (sweetener and dashes of skimmed milk 1syn)
Syn Total- 13.5syns

Sorry works being rubbish with being held late and your manager being on the defensive. Hopefully he will behave now he knows you won't be discriminated against. That's really handy to have a slimming world friendly cafe - where I work one of the canteen ladies did slimming world for about 3 months then gave up but it means she knows about syns and will check for me and make sure they have real wholemeal bread in and not just brown.

Your manager sounds like such a douche! Good news on the cafe though- its always handy to have options! I go to one locally and have a trusty spud with beans but it comes with a huge salad and optional coleslaw which I sometimes eat and syn :)
Greens easy especially if you don't mind quorn occasionally. I can always find used for Hexs lol x

Got a poorly little guy at the moment- stinker of a cold and a horrible cough :( We went to our usual Wednesday playgroup, which includes pushing him and his buggy up a hill!

Felt rather bloated today- I think I'm blaming it on the lack of food for the past two days so my body has gone into shock that I've actually eaten something!

Todays food-
L: 2 x McCain ready bake jacket potatoes 2syns topped with heinz bbq beans, 50g philadelphia light and 25g reduced fat cheddar- cheeses are hexA plus 2syns.
D: Sausage and tomato sandwich (3 x Tesco light choices sausages 3syns, roasted tomatoes, 2tbsp tomato sauce 2syns in 60g WM bread hexB)

Snacks: Grapes. Yogurt. Satsuma.
Drinks: 5 x cups of tea (1 with 1tsp sugar 1syn and 4 with sweetener and dashes of skimmed milk 2.5syns) Water. Pepsi max.
Syn Total- 12.5syns

Back