A yummy (and happier and healthier) mummy - for good this time!

Oh dear is summing up yesterdays food... I tried to be good but then me and the girls decided to buy BOTTLES of wine to share... And of course you have to all buy one to make it fair... I did pass on my final glass but mainly because I was already slightly sloshed and was starting to worry about being able to stand!!

Feeling a bit sorry for myself and very bloated so decided to skip the WI today, as I am probably going to show a gain simply because I am bloated like last time. Also (TMI ALERT) I am feeling a bit... blocked (for want of a better word! Its a problem I do suffer with unfortunately) so may need to take something to help things along... Sorry about that!!

YESTERDAYS food:
B: Half a banana.
L: Spicy Prawn and Chorizo pasta (Prawns, chilli, onions, garlic, 50g chorizo 3.5syns, pasta, tinned tomatoes) 2 x mini eggs 1.5syns. Mango.
D: Chicken fajita wrap (wrap- I cant believe how high syns a WRAP is!! Ive looked and they average around 7syns. Chicken breast with fajita spices. Small amount of mozzarella 3.5syns. Fried bell peppers- allow 3syns for oil. Lettuce.) Small portion chips 7syns. Side salad garnish. Approx 4tbsp tzatziki dip 4syns.

Snacks: 2 x cheese on toast (60g wm bread hexB, 40g reduced fat cheddar hexA and marmite) Satsuma. Grapes.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml skimmed milk 2syns) Cherry pepsi max. Water. 3 x 175ml glasses of Merlot (6syns per glass) 18syns... Oops.
Syn Total - 49.5syns

I looked at the salad menu but nothing caught my fancy- I avoided the pizza but my wrap and chips was probably just as bad as a pizza!! BUT I avoided the desert menu!! Mini victory!!
But bad day for SW...

On a plus side I found out yesterday that I won something on the raffle from the School fete- a full platter at Nandos!! Works out at a full chicken and either 2 large sides or 4 regular sides. I think I read that Nando's is pretty low syn (if you avoid the chips and the hallomi!) so me and H2B are considering having a cinema trip again next week and using my voucher for a cheap(ish) day out.

Have been feeling a bit delicate today after the booze binge last night. I dont drink a lot anymore (since having Reece really- I found I really didnt miss the alcohol when I was pregnant so just didnt dive back into a bottle on wine!) so when I do it hits me quite hard!!
But I did manage to get out of the house and do the shopping at Tesco and didnt dive into a ever so tempting full fat coke (always used to make me feel better after a heavy night!) or a greasy fry-up so I feel like I have accomplished something!!

Todays food:
B: Nothing.
L: Egg and bacon sandwich (60g wm bread hexB, bacon with no fat, egg fried in frylight, 3tbsp tomato ketchup 3syns) Satsuma.
D: Spicy Prawn and Chorizo pasta (Prawns, chilli, onions, garlic, 70g chorizo 4syns, pasta, tinned tomatoes) I seem to be obsessed with this at the moment!!

Snacks: Peach. Banana. Half a burger (*ashamed that I ate Reece's leftovers...*) 2syns.
Drinks: Costa medium iced vanilla latte (skimmed milk hexA and vanilla syrup 2syns). Cherry pepsi max. Orange squash and soda.
Syn Total - 11syns

Back on plan :)

Don't blame you for skipping weigh in, if your 'blocked' lol then probably not going to be a true weigh in anyway. I didn't realise wraps were high until I checked either. I assumed they would be low! I don't drink at all since having kids! Since I had Brandon 6 years ago I have had 1 cider, 1 southern Comfort and 1 glass of wine. The wine was last week and I felt so sleepy after I don't think I'll have another. Luckily all my friends know I don't drink so are happy for me not to do rounds or anything because I wouldn't mind but they all day it's not fair if I join in. Yay on the win I rho k your right it's low

You are so lucky that you rarely drink- definitely help with the weight loss. Annoyingly I hate spirits, which are a lot lower in syn and only drink wine, cider and the occasional bottle of beer.

I was going to weigh today but still feeling horribly bloated so skipping it this week and hoping for a doubly good loss next week!

Todays food-
B: Strawberries and grapes.
L: Egg and bacon sandwich (60g wm bread hexB, bacon with no fat, egg fried in frylight, 2tbsp tomato ketchup 2syns) Cherries.
D: Salmon and roasted vegetable couscous (butternut squash, courgette, cherry tomatoes, onions, leek and bell peppers).

Snacks: Banana. 3 x cream crackers 4.5syns topped with 40g reduced fat cheddar hexA and ham.
Drinks: 1 cup of tea (sweetener and dash of skimmed milk 0.5syn) Orange squash and soda. Water.
Syn Total - 7syns

How was your holiday Sugarrush?? Did you and the family have fun??

I prefer spirits so I used to just drink them with diet drinks when I dieted before but happy with out any drink now plus hubby doesn't drive so I do usually drive if we go anywhere that I might think about drinking.

I don't blame you for skipping weigh in Fingers crossed for a nice suprise when you get on the scales!

We had a lovely time weather was fab and kids loved everything especially swimming outside and the parks mascot. Defiently the best week away we have had with them easier as they get older

Aww Im so glad you had a good week away :) We are hopefully going away at the end of July with H2Bs family. Not sure how Im going to stick to plan- and also fretting about the two weddings I have coming up this year. Guess those will definitely need to be cheat days!

Urgh some people make me so angry- one of my old work colleagues is weaning her baby and I just said what we started Reece with (she wants him to be more focused on self feeding and Reece has pretty much been on finger food since 7 months, as he refused to eat from a spoon!) and her mother comments saying that she has plenty of family who have raised children who can give her advice! Cheeky cow- I was just saying what worked for us.

Anyway, back to food.
Todays food:
L: 2 x Egg and bacon sandwiches (60g wm bread hexB and 6syns, bacon with no fat, egg fried in frylight, 2tbsp tomato ketchup 2syns) Peach.
D: Tuna and tomato pasta (tinned tuna, pasta, roasted cherry tomatoes and garlic, stock, lemon juice)

Snacks: Mango. 2 x plum. Peach.
Drinks: 1 cup of tea (sweetener and dash of skimmed milk 0.5syn). Cherry pepsi max. Flavoured fizzy water.
Syn Total - 8.5syns

Just realised I havent had my hexA today!! Oops!

I wouldn't worry the odd day won't hurt you!

Oh that annoys me 2. A friend asked advice on baby led weaning as I did it with tayla and her mum said don't worry we will get some advice on proper weaning!

Good day syn wise. Sure missing hex a occasionally is ok but not hex b

Urgh! Someone decided to delete the mothers comment so I assume my ex-colleague thought it was a bit off-ish as well. I liked baby-led weaning, Reece is a lot better with his food than other children I know. The only problem is that he has NO interest in cutlery because he has always eaten with his hands!

I never usually miss my hexA, as Id scoff a lump of cheese to make it up (and enjoy it!) but I have missed several hexBs before I suddenly had a hankering for lunchtime sandwiches! So much that I even went out and bought a bag of cashews so I could snack on a few of them as my hexB and ensure I got it in!

Todays food-
L: Ham salad sandwich (60g WM bread hexB, lettuce, cucumber, 2tbsp extra light mayo 2syns) Free yogurt. Peach. Plum.
D: Chicken salad (5 x chicken nuggets @ 1.5syns each so 7.5syns, 35g reduced fat cheddar part hexB, lettuce, cucumber, gherkins, cherry tomatoes, radish, celery and free dressing)

Snacks: Peach. 2 x plums. Free yogurt and frozen berries. Snack a jacks 4.5syns.
Drinks: Orange squash. Pepsi max. 2 x cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk part hexA). Water.
Syn Total - 14syns.

Not a great day syn wise- I know it was those chicken nuggets that I had chopped with my salad but I wanted a salad (to be able to get my third superfree!) and didnt really have anything else in the house that I could have with it!! Ive also been really hungry today... Dont know why- guess Im just a greedy cow!! (Having food remorse and I didnt even go over syn!)

Just popping in to subscribe :D

A better day today for the food wise. I also had a doctors appointment- she refused to change my medication and instead stated a group therapy session would be more beneficial... Joys! Now I really do feel like Im insane :p

Reece also had a development check up (H2B has a family history of developmental issues in children so I make it a priority to get Reece checked!) and the doctor looked at me like I was a crazy over-protective hypocondriac mother!! I also had an old busy body at the playgroup ask me if Reece had any delays- but I confronted her today and she thought Reece was at least two so wouldve expected him to be talking. And the doctor said he is the size of a two year old as well so people may think he should be further along than he is.

Anyway, todays food:
L: Spicy Prawn and Chorizo pasta (Prawns, chilli, onions, garlic, 50g chorizo 3.5syns, pasta, tinned tomatoes). Peach. Satsuma.
D: Bachelors chicken and mushroom pasta n sauce (made with skimmed milk part hexA and 10g light spread 2syns). Cherry tomatoes.

Snacks: Tesco onion ring crisps 70kcal 3.5syns. Cheese and tomato sandwich (60g WM bread hexB, 3 x extra light cheese triangles part hexA, cherry tomatoes). Banana.
Drinks: 3 x cups of tea (1 with 1tsp sugar 1syn, the others with sweetener and skimmed milk part hexA). Flavoured fizzy water. Orange squash.
Syn total - 10syns.

Again, loads of part hexA but I did my calculations to ensure I wasnt over my allowance with the cheese and milk! Also another hungry day and Im not completely sure I got my third superfree as had a lot of pasta...

Tayla has excellent speech so everyone thinks she is older than she is then wonders why she can't do other stuff. It annoys me because it's none of their business.

Group therapy doesn't sound like my idea of fun but you never know you may find it helps. Sometimes it's the things we wouldn't normally do that do us good. And if it don't work at least you can say you tried it.

I wouldn't worry about your 3rd superfree to be honest because I very rarely eat mine. I eat fruit quite a bit during the day so think it must level it self out because I loose weigh so if you aren't quite getting a 3rd sure it still helps.

I will try the group therapy but mainly to shut the doctors up! It makes me think of junkies and alcoholics at their meetings! But as I said, I must be completely crackers :p

Reece is already starting the terrible twos at 18 months- he keeps trying to climb into our bay window and when I stop him (for his safety in case he falls!) he stands in the middle of the living room and goes bright red with the screaming! Joys!

Todays food-
B: Grapes.
L: Tin of spaghetti bolognaise 6syns, cheese sandwich (60g WM bread hexB, 2 x light cheese triangles 2.5syns).
D: Pilchards and Pasta (pilchards, chopped tomatoes, onion, peas, dried parsley, 40g reduced fat cheddar hexA and pasta)

Snacks: Peach. Banana. Satsuma. Fat free yogurt. Quarter slice of toasted white bread 1syn with teeny amount of low fat spread 0.5syn (I shamefully ate Reece's leftover in a weak moment! I love the smell of white bread toast!!)
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml skimmed milk 2syns). Fizzy flavoured water. Orange squash.
Syn Total - 12syns

Again, a severe lack of superfree but I tried ot make up for it with my snacks (minus the white bread!)

Ive been thinking of adding another bit for any exercise Ive done but I do so little that Im not sure its wise as I will look like a complete sloth!! Although today I vacuumed my entire house- including stairs and dusted so surely that has to count as something! I might break out my old wii fit but I hate it telling me Im obese!!

Ha ha im sure your not crackers!

Oh no hate that stage. Both mine started at that age, it's totally miss named! I have a wii fit but my son has taken the wii to his room due to daddy taking the TV over for world cup so I can't do it when they are asleep which is what I usually do and know ill get told off if I go on it now. I don't do any exercise other than that so will look like exercise woman compared to me!

Have fun at the cinema! Nandos shouldn't be too bad, try not to eat the skin and they chip portion won't be huge so as long as you resist dessert you will be good!

Food remorse day :( Why do I always seem to go over syn on Fridays when I have WI on Saturday morning!!
On a plus side, went to the cinema and had a good day out :) Saw Xmen- Days of Future Past, which was awesome! And had a great twist at the end :) And had a meal (that has pretty much fed me for the entire day) costing me £2 for raffle tickets and £4.50 on drinks for me and H2B :)

However, syn damage... Once I found out I tried to limit the rest of the day :)
Todays food-
B: Fruit snack pack from Asda (grapes, strawberries and apple) and a banana.
L: EVIL NANDOS!! We had a full platter for free and shared it. Medium peri peri chicken, had a little bit of the skin (its where all the marinade is!!) so from googling I think it is approx 10syns(!!!! FOR CHICKEN!! I guess the marinade must be in oil or butter or something). Spicy rice 2.5syns (so worth it! Delish!) Side salad (yay for a healthy SW choice! Mixed leaves, onion and cherry tomatoes) but I put 1 tbsp salad dressing 1syn on it. And as I didnt realise the chicken was so high syn I also had 1 slice of garlic bread 4.5syns and a handful of chips approx 5syns dipped in 1tbsp peri peri sauce 1syn. I avoided the desert menu- THANKFULLY!
D: Still pretty full (of guilt!) from the Nandos but as I havent used my hexs and was a little peckish I had 2 x wheetabix hexB, topped with banana and 200ml skimmed milk part hexA.

Snacks: 2 bananas. 2 plums. Fat free yogurt.
Drinks: Diet coke. Water. Cups of tea (sweetener and 150ml skimmed milk part hexA). Orange squash.
Syn Total - 24syns...

Last edited:
Almost thought I wouldn't be ablw to update today as the Internet was down earlier but its up again now- yay!
Although I am on my phone so apologies for any silly autocorrect spelling and I will highlight as usual tomorrow.

Also realised I forgot to WI today! Not aure if that's a blessing in disguise following the Nandos fiasco yesterday and because my clothes are oddly feeling a little snug again :(

Back to work on Monday (although reduced hours to begin with) so will need to plan ahead with lunches, dinners and spare syns.

Todays food-
L: Tin of ravioli 4syns. 60g WM bread hexb with 2 light cheese triangles 2.5syns (although I didn't eat all the bread and cheese as I think the bread was a little stale) Satsuma.
D: Spicy prawn and chorizo pasta (prawns, chilli, tinned tomatoes, 50g chorizo 3.5syns, pasta, onion and garlic)

Snacks: Grapes. Banana.
Drinks: Costa medium skinny latte (skimmed milk hexA no syrup- needed extra caffeine after a poor nights sleep) Cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml skimmed milk 2syns). Flavoured fizzy water.
Syn Total - 12syns

Going to a wedding fayre tomorrow and im sure I'm going to be tempted by some wedding cake tasters!! Best save syns tomorrow!!

Last edited:
Running late for work but popping in quick!! Boo for the evil Nandos really suprised it's so high but I've had an awful few days as well so we can feel bad together!

Enjoy the wedding fair had a chat with someone getting married soon yesterday and me want to do it all again!

Quickly popping on. I weighed this morning and had a STS so not great but not awful.

Then went to the wedding fayre and went okay... Then went to Frankie and Bennys and had lunch- wrap and chips again... Full damage report later but I really need to get back on plan and follow 100% for a week or two so I can see a loss.

Trying to book wedding dress viewings within the next fortnight so need to lose a little more!

Back