A yummy (and happier and healthier) mummy - for good this time!

I always try to think of a positive when I go oven syns or have more than I would like helps keep me on track.

I'm not a huge flower fan either, my bridesmaids had wrist corsages instead of bouquets so they could keep them as I had fake flowers I had a bouquet then a few buttonholes and that was it. Glad you got a good quote.

Nothing g wrong with having syns all on drinks. A love a good Starbucks hot chocolate!

Enjoy your night out! Probably good idea to stay away from the cheesy chips but not sure I'd manage, probabky have gravy on them as well!

Well yesterdays weigh in went poorly- I had a STS :( I know after my splurges I should be happy with it but I cant help but be disappointed.

Night out was okay- me and H2B went out for food first and it was great but his friends can be kinda clicky and wanted to go to a couple of clubs I had no interest in, especially once Id sobered up as they made us walk from the centre to the top of Park Street... In heels!!
I avoided the 1am munchies for some cheesy chips- mainly because my feet were aching and I just wanted to jump in a taxi and get home!!

Anyways, food (and booze) for Saturday-
B: Banana
L: Mugshot. Alpen Light Bar hexB. Satsuma.
D: Bacon, chicken, brie and potato salad (bacon had fat- approx 2 rashers so 4syns, brie was approx 50g so 7syns and it had a small amount of honey and mustard dressing so 3syns) I did at least pass on the desert menu (although that was a struggle as they had a chocolate fondant!!)

Snacks: Strawberries. Grapes. Fat free yogurt.
Drinks: Costa medium vanilla latte (skimmed milk hexA and 2 x pumps of syrup 2syns). 2 x 175ml rose wine and soda 12syns. 2 x 250ml rose wine and soda 18syns. Water. Coke zero cherry.
Syn Total - 46 syns!!!

Today I had Sunday lunch at my aunties house with all the family- it was a great day and I really enjoyed myself :) It was great seeing my great aunt who lives in South Africa and my closest cousin who lives in Milton Keynes. I cant remember the last time we had a proper family get to gether! And I guess the next one will probably be my wedding!
I was good and tried to limit the syns. I didnt have the crispy skin on the chicken, limited the yorkshire puddings and roast potatoes. I also made sure I ate LOADS of simply boiled veg. I was also lucky that my auntie didnt think ahead to defrost a desert earlier and we had to go home because Reece hadnt had a decent nap and was starting to get grumpy!

Todays food:
B: None
L: Roast chicken (no fat or skin so FREE!), 1 regular sized premade yorkshire pudding 3.5syns, 3 x roast potatoes (according to my book 100g is 2.5syns so I'll count this to be sure). Loads of veg- cabbage, brocolli, cauliflower, carrots and asparagus.
D: Still kinda full from lunch so fruit and a yogurt.

Snacks: Banana. Satsuma. Alpen Light Bar hexB.
Drinks: Costa medium vanilla latte (skimmed milk hexA and 2 x pumps of syrup 2syns). Cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml skimmed milk 2syns). Diet coke.
Syn Total - 10syns

I have now realised that my Saturday night syns were worse than I have put above- some lovely photos were shown to me and I had 2 jager-bombs. Considering I wasnt even drunk I think my alcohol tollerance has gone up since Ive been drinking less!!
Oh well. Onwards and upwards and staying on plan...

Todays food-
B: Satsuma.
L: Homemade butternut squash soup (my last portion so I will need to make some more!) 2 x cheese on toast (2 slices from 400g loaf hexB, marmite and 40g reduced fat cheddar hexA). Banana.
D: McCain microwave jacket potato 1syn, baked beans and free cottage cheese. Side salad.

Snacks: Frozen fruit and fat free yogurt. Snack-a-jacks 4.5syns. Grapes and strawberries.
Drinks: Pepsi max cherry. Cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml skimmed milk 2syns). Flavoured fizzy water.
Syn Total - 7.5syns

Sounds like you had a lovely night out and roast lunch. And syns for your night out were probably burned off with the walk. Just dashing to work will check in more later.

LOL- thanks! Lets hope I did burn some of them whilst walking up that hill!! Im terrible with exercise :( I know it'll boost the losses but I hate it!

Todays food:
B: Frozen berries and fat free yogurt (I say it was breakfast but it was more like a brunch at half 10!!)
L: 3 x multigrain ryvitas hexB topped with 5 x light laughing cow triangles hexA and cucumber. Satsuma. Banana.
D: Very easy paella (chicken, rice, onion, peas, stock and 50g chorizo 3.5syns)

Snacks: Tesco value onion ring crisps 3.5syns, a couple of cheese puffs- guestimate at 2syns (Reece offered them to me and he practically shoves them in your mouth! He even got half a biscuit out of the bin yesterday because H2B pretended to eat it and then binned it!) Satsuma. Carrot batons.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml skimmed milk 2syns). Flavoured fizzy water.
Syn Total - 11syns

What a horrible day weather wise :( Raining all day so had another day stuck indoors. I was going to walk to the shops (about 20min walk- a lot of it on a slight incline) and then go to a soft play for Reece but Im not prepared to get wet! Maybe tomorrow if the weather allows.

At least it gave me an opportunity to look through the web for some slimming world friendly recipes (slimming eats is awesome and the min ingredients sticky on the recipe thread on minimins) and I made some more of my essential butternut squash soup (although I now have a blister on the inside of my fingers from chopping the squash! A lot of work but worth it!)

Todays food:
B: Grapes.
L: 2 boiled eggs with wholemeal soldiers hexB and low fat spread (10g weighed 2syns). Banana. Satsuma. Grapes.
D: Chicken and brocolli potato topped pie (adapted slightly from a slimming eats recipe- they used spinach but I havent got any at home so I used brocolli and I adapted it to serve one! Chicken (no skin or fat), onion, brocolli, 70g light philli hexA, stock and mash potatoes). Loads of veg- carrots, green beans and peas.

Snacks: Satsuma. Frozen fruit and fat free yogurt. 2 x sugar free werthers originals 1syn.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml skimmed milk 2syns). Options Indulgence hot chocolate- the 60kcal one so 3syns. Orange squash.
Syn Total - 8syns

I was going to have a beer whilst watching the football but decided not too :) Again the majority of my syns are on drinks!

I hate getting wet as well. Was supposed to be going to the park but when to a play cafe instead. It was better than the park tho as less opportunity for her to hurt herself!

I'm rubbish at exercise as well I try to fit the wii fit in but I just find I have no time.

You have done well the last 2 days, good amount of syns but not too much. If you stuck with it till Friday I think you will have a nice loss even with your night out and roast. I ate McDonald's and had a loss so I'm sure you will! Lol

You said the next time you see some of the people will probably be your wedding, is it quite close now?

The wedding is in April next year (still plenty of time to lose this weight!) but its not often that my whole family get together. We are close but everyone has their own lives and my cousin now lives in Milton Keynes and only comes back a couple of times a year. I see everyone plenty but a separate times!!

I managed to walk to the shops today- all in all I probably walked for about an hour and a half (including time getting there and back and walking around the shops) with a break for a coffee. I dont walk at a particularly fast pace but I was pushing nearly two stone of toddler in a stroller so that mustve burned some calories!!

Todays food:
B: Satsuma.
L: Bacon sandwich (no fat on the bacon, 60g wholemeal bread hexB, 10g weighed low fat spread 2syns and 1tbsp ketchup 1syn). Banana. Cherries.
D: Tomato and Tuna pasta (oven roasted tomatoes and garlic, pasta, tin of tuna in spring water, stock and lemon juice).

Snacks: Grapes. TEENY bit of leftover easter egg chocolate- estimate 2.5syns.
Drinks: Medium Mocha coffee (skimmed milk hexA and cocoa 3syns). Cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml skimmed milk 2syns). Orange squash.
Syn Total - 10.5syns

Lots of time to loose weight then. Just think all those people you won't of seen for a while saying wow she has lost loads of weight! That's always nice plus you will be wearing your wedding dress so will look amazing! I'm lucky my family all lives close but still don't all get together!

Good work on the walk that's quite a long time and pushing the pushchair is defiently added calorie burning. If you add exercise into fitness pal there is an option for walking and walking with a pram!

Good day yesterday still a 3rd of your syns left!

Lets hope so! I dont want to be super skinny but I want to be comfortable with myself- and thin LOL :p
I did see a friend in toddler group today who I havent seen in about a month (shes been away) and she said I look thinner so that was nice to hear!! Definitely boosted my confidence.

Ive got another two weeks off work as well- the doctor begrudgingly agreed to extend my certificate but made it clear that she wouldnt be able to do it again, which I should be okay with as I should get reduced hours to ease me back in when I do go back and if I leave it any longer then it will start getting more difficult to go back. Also, my line manager seems a bit more understanding now I am classed as being long-term sick.

Todays food:
B: Half a banana and half a satsuma.
L: Homemade butternut squash soup. 2 x cheese on toast (2 slices from 400g loaf hexB, marmite and 40g reduced fat cheddar hexA). Satsuma.
D: 3 x tesco meat free sausages (0.5syns each so 1.5syns). Scrambled eggs. Beans. Bacon with no fat. 2 x hash browns 4.5syns.

Snacks: Strawberries. Grapes. Frozen berries and fat free yoghurt.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml skimmed milk 2syns). Cherry pepsi max. Orange squash.
Syn Total - 8syns.

Not a bad day today but weigh in tomorrow! Wish me luck!

Oh no I can't believe you had a 3 lb gain im so sad for you! You have been doing so well don't give up. Could it just be the time of the month it is or you have had more liquid or something?

Just think about the lady saying you look slimmer, it's obviously working. Maybe try some red and green days see if it speeds up a bit?

Glad you have more time off work. Hopefully if you manager is being more understanding going back will be ok.

I don't really understand red/ green days... Maybe I should look into them.

I dont know if im just really bloated today- been feeling really sick, tired and keep burping. Think it was those vegetarian sausages from yesterday. Plus H2B has just got over a flu bug so dreading that hes shared the germs!!

Also not sure if ive been getting my third superfree with every meal so gona up my salad intake and my home made soups as they are practically all veg.

May be a good idea even if it's just for a change, especially if you only do one or 2 a week so you dont get bored.

Oh no hope your not ill. Maybe if you weigh in a day or 2 you wouldn't of actually put that weight on?

Have to admit I rarely think I've had enough superfree so I need to do the same.

I'll look into the green/ red days- have you got any tips Sugarrush??

Today has been a low food day- Ive hardly eaten anything for the fear of being sick and lack of hunger :( Hoping my body doesnt go into starvation mode and cling on to anything I eat over the next couple of days.

Todays food:
B: Half a satsuma.
L: Fat free yogurt. Strawberries. Ryvita minis hexB.
D: Grapes. Strawberries.

Snacks: NONE!
Drinks: Medium Costa Vanilla Latte (skimmed milk hexA and 2 x syrup 2syns). Cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml of skimmed milk 2syns).
Syn Total - 4syns

At least I definitely know I got my third superfree today seems most of my food was fruit!!

I know I shouldn't have but I weighed again this morning- feeling much better apart from a niggly headache so must've been a 24 thing or a bad reaction to thoae sausages (dont think I felt 100% after eating them before either).

And im showing 13st 13lb. So that's 5.5lbs loss on yesterday and a 2.5lb loss from weigh in last week?!?

I dont understand my body! I think im gona weigh tomorrow (because the drop could be because of my non-food day yesterday!), hope it stays lower and if it is then scrap yesterday's weigh in because I wasn't well.

Still been feeling a little delicate today so havent devoured food like I thought I was going to! Miles and miles better than yesterday though and have actually eaten!

Todays food:
B: Grapes and strawberries.
L: 400g tin ravioli (normal beef one- not the vile cheese one I had before!) 4syns. Satsuma.
D: Homemade butternut squash soup. 2 x multigrain ryvita 4syns topped with 3 x laughing cow light cheese triangles part hexA.

Snacks: Grapes. Banana. Ryvita minis hexB.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk other part hexA). Cherry pepsi max. Orange squash.
Syn Total - 8syns

Havent been hungry very much today so probably still getting over hardly eating on Saturday.
Ive also decided to leave my stats as they were on Saturday but put a note in my diary that the gain was likely due to me being unwell and very bloated.

Went for a walk to the shops again today- about an hours walking around whilst pushing Reece in his buggy. Hes starting to want to walk everywhere now though- we got him a backpack with a rein type strap on it for going around shops but Im not sure his little legs would handle an hours walking!!

Todays food:
B: Grapes.
L: Chicken salad (cooked chicken pieces, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, celery, spring onions, radish, pickled gherkins and free dressing). Fruit salad (cherries, strawberries, grapes and melon).
D: Salmon and roasted veg cous cous (butternut squash, cherry tomatoes, onions, garlic and peppers)

Snacks: Oaty banana "cookies" (oats hexB and 100g cooked banana 5syns). Banana.
Drinks: Small mocha coffee (milk part hexA and cocoa 3syns). Cups of tea (sweetener and milk other part hexA). Flavoured still water.
Syn Total - 8syns.

Aw glad your feeling better! Sorry haven't been around to check in a have been crazy busy. Brandon was 6 today and yesterday decided he wanted a party so had to knock something up for the afternoon plus I'd forgot to out his cake in the diary so had to quickly make something (I know bad mum) Plus haircuts all round present wrapping a pain in the bum smaller child and family everywhere!
Had a few days off so back on plan tomorrow and not looking forward to Wednesdays weigh.

Hope your 2nd weigh was the right one as I don't think you could of put 3 lbs on with the week you had. Looks like you have had a couple of low days so well done even tho it was mainly because of illness

Hate the stage when they want to walk but tales an hour to walk to the end of the road. I'm so impatient!

Glad you dont feel guilty for indulging :) Im going out on my birthday (cinema and then lunch) and Im very tempted to have desert! Then we are going to the zoo on Friday if the weather is nice so I may even have an ice cream then as well!
Im going to try and not go over the top with the syns, because I'll just feel poop on the weekend with both bloating if I have too much bread and a downer in my head!

BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BRANDON!!

Back