A yummy (and happier and healthier) mummy - for good this time!

St's isn't too bad after the evilness that is Nandos!

If it makes you feel better I had chips today as well!! Oven chips ( french fries) only a handle but haven't a clue how bad the syns are!

Ooh exciting! I wish I could go try some wedding dresses on again!

I doubt that oven chips are too bad- better than the deep fried chips I had! The book says for 100g cooked weight standard thickness oven baked fries on EE is 5.5syns and a handful is nowhere near 100g.

I am excited about trying on dresses although Ive found a dress I LOVE and Im so worried I am not going to like it on or it is not going to suit me. Its called Mori Lee style 5103 if you wana have a quick google... *swoon*

Wedding fayre was nice although a little pointless. Its always the expensive suppliers at fayres :( Apart from my chair cover/ decoration lady I havent got anything from fayres! Hair and make up people are extortionate (a few quotes were for £150+ for just the bride!) and some of the cake makers were terribly pricey (like £500+ for basic decoration on a 3 tier sponge! Please tell me this is pricey Sugarrush or am I just being a tight-arse?!)

Todays food-
B: Banana. Grapes.
L: Frankie and Bennys... Oops! Came out from the wedding fayre and was peckish!! I looked at the salad menu but nothing was very exciting plus a salad was more expensive than the wrap I ended up having! So, BBQ chicken wrap (wrap 7syns, southern fried style chicken breast guestimate at 7syns, lettuce, onion, approx 1tbsp BBQ sauce 1syn, approx 1tbsp nacho cheese sauce 2syns). Small portion of fries 7syns. Once again I resisted the desert menu!! YAY for mini victory!
D: Ham salad sandwich (60g WM bread hexB, ham, lettuce, cucumber, 1tbsp low fat salad cream 1syn) Strawberries. Grapes.

Snacks: Fat free yogurt. 2 x teeeeeeny tasters of wedding cake approx 2syns each so 4syns, one had a small sploge of buttercream so 1syn.
Drinks: Costa medium skinny vanilla latte (skimmed milk hexB and syrup 2syns). Diet pepsi. Fizzy flavoured water. 1 x cup of tea (sweetener and dash of skimmed milk 0.5syn)
Syn Total - 32.5syns...

Ooops day again!!
Back to work tomorrow and I am dreading it. Made a nice healthy salad for lunch though so not going to stress eat... Hopefully. Going to try and have a FULL week of 10syn or less days to maximise any loss next weekend... Wish me luck!!

That dress is stunning! Wow just wow!!!!
That does sound expensive! Especially for basic decoration. Even with double height tiers that's over the odds I feel. I always feel that some cake makers hear the word wedding and double the price! Even for cupcakes which is mad. I didn't have my hair and make up done and my best friend works in a salon and she did it for free but that sounds loads to me!

Quite a high syn day but a good week will claw it all back, no weigh in till Saturday so plenty of time.

Really hope your 1st day at work is going well x

Thanks Sugarrush- Im glad Im not just being a scrooge with the cake! And make up/ hair quotes. I agree that people decide to just add a premium on as soon as they hear the word "wedding".

My first day back went okay- I did have a little panic when I first got into the building, which I wasnt expecting but I got through the day and thats the main thing!!

Todays food-
B: Nothing.
L: 2 x m&s sushi snack packs 0.5syn each so 1syn. Alpen light bar hexB. Grapes.
D: Chicken salad (chicken pieces, lettuce, bell peppers, onions, cherry tomatoes, radishes and free dressing). Cherries.

Snacks: Mugshot. Snack-a-jacks 4.5syns. Satsuma. Mango.
Drinks: Starbucks medium skinny caramel latte (skimmed milk hexA and syrup 2syns). Mocha style coffee (coffee, half sachet of cadbury highlights 1syn, dash of milk 0.5syn). Squash.
Syn Total - 9syns

Day one of under 10syns achieved!!

No defiently not a scrooge!

Having a panic I'd to be expected after a long absence and with the way your manager was less than understanding.

Well don't on achieving your under 10 syn day!

Today was a little better at work and now I have until next Monday off (although dont know if thats a good thing or not because next week Im sure I'll feel like Im back to square one!) Found out a load of things my manager forgot to tell me about (important things like needing a ID pass and password to use a printer and changes to the criteria for our clients... Job essential things!) which was one of the reasons I went off sick to begin with!! Urgh...
Part of me just thinks I need to grow a thicker skin but other parts of me thinks that my manager is just a bit rubbish!

Todays food-
L: Ham salad sandwich (60g WM bread hexB, ham, lettuce, cucumber and 1tbsp salad cream 1syn). Grapes. Cherry tomatoes. Satsuma.
D: Spanish style omelette (eggs, new potatoes, bell pepper, peas, onion, paprika) with a side salad (lettuce, spring onion, cherry tomatoes, celery, cucumber and free dressing).

Snacks: Cherry tomatoes (just realised I had a lot of these today!) 3 x cream crackers 4.5syns topped with ham and 40g reduced fat cheddar hexA. 1 x lemon bon bon 1.5syns. Peach.
Drinks: Pepsi max cherry. Mocha style coffee (coffee, half sachet of cadbury highlights 1syn, dash of milk 0.5syn) Water.
Syn Total - 8.5syns

Still under the 10syn limit for this week. YAY! Lets hope I can keep it up!!

Argh! Ive had a massive headache all day today- something I havent had to deal with too badly since Ive been off work. And Reece has been clinging to me and whining because he has had two days without me. I was really tempted to go out and buy a tub of ben and jerrys and dive straight in!! And as I type it and think about it my mouth is watering!!
But I resisted... And I resisted the chocolate drawer!!

Todays food-
B: A late breakfast (after playgroup!) 2 x wheatabix hexB topped with banana and skimmed milk part hexA.
L: Smoked salmon and potato salad (decided to experiment and it worked out quite tasty! Salad potatoes, smoked salmon, spring onions with a dressing of 1tsp wholegrain mustard 0.5syn, 2tbsp light creme fresh 3syns, lemon juice) Peach.
D: Easy chicken paella (chicken, 50g chorizo 3.5syns, peas, rice, tumeric, paprika, stock, onions)

Snacks: Mango. Banana.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk part hexA. One was made with 1tsp sugar 1syn- playgroup!) Apple squash and soda. Butterscotch options 39kcal 2syns (to keep away that junk food craving!)
Syn Total - 10syns.

Just kept within my 10syn limit!!

Here to subscribe....yor doing really well.

Well done for resisting the chocolate drawer!!! And for staying under your 10 syns hope it pays off for you.

I thjnk your manager is probably not just a bit rubbish think they sound alot rubbish!

Welcome to my diary Denise! Lovely to have you aboard!!

Ive had a very poorly little boy today- woke up with a temperature and was lethargic and just not himself :( I was planning on going for a walk and get some exercise but we ended up spending the day cuddled on the sofa- he would only nap in his cot for half hour before I had to let him sleep whilst cuddled into me, whilst I watched rubbish daytime tv! He seems to be perking up a little now though- ate a little this afternoon and wanted to play and be a nuisance!

At least all the worry about him made me forget about wanting junk!

Todays food-
B: Peach.
L: Spicy prawn and chorizo pasta (60g chorizo 4syns, onion, pasta, chilli, prawns, tinned tomatoes).
D: Chicken stir fry (diced chicken- no fat/ skin, stir fry mix incl cauliflower, peas, mangetout, onion, bell peppers etc, noodles, bean sprouts, soy sauce, chilli)

Snacks: Half a banana, grapes, 40g reduced fat cheddar hexA, ryvita minis hexB.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml skimmed milk 2syns) Apple squash and soda.
Syn Total - 6syns.

Well within my 10 syn daily allowance this week. So hoping it helps with a loss this week!! And I dont have to syn aspirin right??!! Otherwise I am probably screwed :p

You may wanna look up medicine syns, some things like cough medicine and liquid ones need to actually be synned.. Same with some laxatives. I doubt asperin needs to be synned though, i downed a lot last week lol.

Sounds yummy today :D

Hope Reece is all better now.

You are doing awesome with your 10 syn week I really hope it pays off tomorrow. I doubt you will need to syn your asperin

Thanks for the warning MC- I know that some syrupy medicines have syns but I wasnt aware of the laxatives (I have taken a couple recently...) and forgot about the sugar coating on some paracetamols and other pain killers.
Im assuming though that SW surely cant put syns against the contraceptive pill and other perscribed medication (like anti-depressants)?? If so, Im going to become a depressed, suicidal nun!!

Reece was still bad today :( Once again I spent the day on the sofa with him and didnt do any exercise or any significant housework! He seems to be improving though- wanted to play but got exhausted really quickly.

Todays food-
L: 2 x egg and bacon sandwiches (WM bread hexB and 6syns. Egg fried in frylight. Grilled bacon with fat removed. 2tbsp tomato ketchup 2syns). Cherry tomatoes.
D: Still pretty full from my sandwich binge earlier so just had half a pack of cooked chicken breast.

Snacks: Peach. Half a banana.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk part hexA). Glass of milk rest of hexA. Apple squash and soda. Options hot chocolate 38kcal 2syns. The chocolate orange flavour- not very nice to be honest :(
Syn Total - 10syns

Just on the 10 syn allowance- hoping it will pay off tomorrow when I weigh... Although not too hopeful to be honest! Part of me feels like my weight loss has levelled off already and I am still overweight :(

Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow! I'm sure you'll do well. :)
I've found the white chocolate one also isn't as nice. :s

I'm glad that Reece seems to be slowly on the mend. :) Big hugs xxxx

You could be bloating because of star week. Maybe you'll have a better loss because of it next week :)
Congrats on the weight loss :D

The one i like is the duck pancakes! Have a look in the book it's one of the worst to have haha.

I'm having fake kfc tonight.. Cooking right now!

Mmmm fake KFC sounds yummy :) I always worry it will just sound like toasted brown bread though- do you add certain seasoning? I tried the method with a fake chicken kiev and it wasnt a success for me...

I almost had a spring roll and I love the peking duck filled ones as well, but I resisted. Although I did scoff ALL of my decent sized portion of chow mein and small egg fried rice- I felt a little stuffed afterwards so in hindsight it probably wasnt the best idea... FOOD REMORSE :(

Todays food-
B: Cherries.
L: Ham salad sandwich (60g WM bread hexB, ham, lettuce, cucumber and 2tbsp extra light mayo 2syns) Cherry tomatoes. Nectarine.
D: DEADLY CHINESE!! Small egg fried rice 6syns, decent sized portion of chicken chow mein- estimating 10syns. 2tbsp sweet and sour sauce 2syns.

Snacks: Banana.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk part hexA). Glass of milk rest of hexA. Pepsi max cherry. Water.
Syn Total - 20syns...

Don't feel bad. :) It's better to have a one off treat instead of completely falling off the wagon!

I use smash instead of breadcrumbs for my fake kfc. (I know it's a cheat but I can count it as completely free. Hehe.) I'll go through the cupboard and list off of the herbs and stuff I used tomorrow morning. :) I have a very dodgy tummy right now (Happens when I don't eat much) so I fear my tummy needing to go elsewhere if I stand up.. lol!

Back