A yummy (and happier and healthier) mummy - for good this time!

Haha! Hi Rosiepops! Welcome to my diary :)

Hope you are feeling better today MC- despite the lack of eating much.

Ive had a low syn day today, not intentionally to counteract my naughty chinese yesterday but just because I havent fancied much. Feeling slighly unwell- my throat is really sore so I may be coming down with something.
Reece is feeling better apart from we think he may have a bit of hayfever as he has runny eyes and keeps sneezing :(

Todays food-
B: Nothing.
L: Free mugshot. Cheese sandwich (1 x slice of WM bread part hexB and 2 x light cheese triangles part hexA). Cherries.
D: Smoked salmon and potato salad (Salad potatoes, smoked salmon, spring onions with a dressing of 2tsp wholegrain mustard 1syn, 1tbsp light creme fresh 1.5syns, lemon juice)

Snacks: 1 x Alpen Light (old recipe so part hexB). Nectarine. 4 x mini eggs 3syns.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk part hexA). Apple squash and soda.
Syn Total - 5.5syns

Back to work tomorrow :( Another short day but Ive got a feeling my boss is going to start trying to push me into my full, stressful duties soon :(

Good day today! How do you find skipping breakfast? I'm one of those that eats more or less as soon as I'm up (unless stressed then I run on empty!) so it fascinates me- are you starving at lunch or do you eat it early?
Your boss sounds a mare- I haven't had chance to read through your whole diary yet but I gather you are under pressure at work which is rubbish :-( xx

Hope your boss won't be too bad. :( Just take big breaths and focus on things that make you happy.

I'm glad that Reese is feeling better :) It's a shame about the hay fever though.

Lemon and honey tea is amazing for sore throats. (1 syn for 1 tea spoon or 3 for 1 tablespoon. depends how sweet you like it. :) )
Hope you will be feeling better soon.

Your dinner sounds really yummy. :) x

Thanks MC :) I do love potato salad so its nice to have a SW friendly version! And I got some frozen smoked salmon fillets at a bargain price last weekend and the smokiness just adds to the flavour.
To be honest, I think I'd now find shop bought potato salad and coleslaw far too creamy since making my own.

Rosiepops- I've never been a breakfast person so I don't miss it. The only time I've eaten it was when I was pregnant to help with the morning sickness.
I normally have fruit around 10 and, due to Reece's schedule, I have lunch around midday (so early to a lot of people) whilst he has his nap and I can cook/ prepare something.
Then I have some snacks between 2-3 before dinner at half 5 when h2b gets home.

Ive never eaten late either- I always used to think that eating late made you fat. And that it just sits in your belly whilst you sleep and I cant shake that mindset- hence why when I work a full day (until 8pm) it's unlikely I'll have a proper dinner.

I almost went berserk when I went into work today as I found out that although I had the reduced hours, as requested by doctor but they decided that I was doing to resume my full duties! Admittedly I went to my line manager and flat out refused and said I wasnt ready- especially as I was told I would have a little time to listen to other calls and prepare myself. At least he took notice of me I suppose.

Todays food-
L: Sainsbury sushi rolls pack (tried looking for the syns for this and Im going for 3syns- although may be a slight over-estimation but better to be over than under). Nectarine. Free yogurt.
D: Ham salad sandwich (ham, lettuce, cucumber, 60g WM bread hexB and 2tbsp extra light mayo 2syns). Free yogurt. Tesco cheese curls 4.5syns.

Snacks: Cherries. Satsuma. 2 x bananas.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml skimmed milk 2syns). Starbucks medium skinny caramel latte (skimmed milk hexA and syrup 2syns). Water. Apple squash and soda.
Syn Total - 13.5syns

Over 10syns but I was craving those crisps so I decided to allow myself them, as I am still within the SW allowance of syns. Although I did get reminded today that I am going out for drinks on Friday with all my mummy friends... Just drinks this time (last time was for food and I went WAY over syns!) so hopefully I should be able to manage my wine (and therefore syn!) intake...
But Im making no promises!!

Hope you have a lovely time out! Maybe look up low syn drinks to prepare yourself more? I'm sure some people mix white wine and lemonade.. no idea how that works, though!

Sounds stressful at work. :( I hope that you'll get a less stressful day tomorrow.

Food sounds good. :D I dunno how you can stick to 10 syns, I prefer to stay at 15!

God your boss is such a nitemare freaky.

I'm sure you will be fine with 13.5 syns anything under 15 is still under remember.

MC- I already drink wine and soda water! I can be a bit of a lightweight with holding my alcohol so AlmoI originally started doing it so I looked like I was drinking a large glass of wine but I was drinking a small! Now I use it with SW because it tricks my mind into thinking Im drinking a large but Im saving syns!
Unfortunately, sometimes it doesnt stop me from drinking a whole bottle... Oops!

Almost raided the biscuit tin today as had a bad day at work. It was all going well but then I had my mid year performance review with my manager and it just felt like I am not able to progress without hitting targets that I have constantly and consistently struggled with despite trying numerous methods.
In a weird way SW does make me feel like I am in control in a certain aspect of my life- seeing a loss and hearing people say I look like Ive lost weight helps me feel like I am in charge of something and I am doing something to ensure I am bettering myself, even though it is something as minimal (to some people) as weight.

Todays food-
L: Sainsburys small sushi rolls (smaller pack than yesterday so estimating at 2syns). Free yogurt. Nectarine. Banana.
D: 3 x Tesco Light Choices sausages 3syns. Scrambled egg. Baked beans.

Snacks: Banana. Plum. Satsuma.
Drinks: Costa medium skinny vanilla latte (skimmed milk hexA, syrup 2syns). Water. Mocha style coffee (1/2 sachet options 1syn, coffee, dash of skimmed milk 0.5syns)
Syn Total - 8.5syns

Havent had my hexB today. Was going to have a packet of ryvita minis or an old recipe alpen light but Im not hungry and Im not going to eat for the sake of it.

At least you resisted the biscuit tin. :)
food sounds great today! x

I know how you feel with being able to polish off a bottle! I am exactly the same haha.
Fingers crossed work will get easier soon. Can you ask to go part time at all? Or would that effect income too much?

Thanks sugarrush! They are definitely not worth the syns!

I am absolutely shattered today. Not sure why but I'm literally considering going to bed and it's not even 9pm!! Been tired most of the day so haven't been overly hungry. Went to the usual playgroup and then met up with a friend who I haven't seen in about 3 years! Before I knew it I'd had a second mocha coffee... But at least I had Reece with me or it could've been booze!!

Today's food-
L: Sausage sandwich (2 x Tesco healthy living sausages 2syns, 60g WM bread hexB, 1tbsp tomato ketchup 1syn) Nectarine. Satsuma.
D: Tesco tomato and onion pasta n sauce.

Snacks: None.
Drinks: 2 x medium mocha coffee (skimmed milk hexA plus 6syns cocoa 4syns) Flavoured fizzy water. Cup of tea (1tsp sugar 1syn and dash of milk 0.5syn)
Syn Total - 14.5syns

Bad high syn day!

Tesco pasta n sauces are nice- I used to live on the macaroni cheese one as well. Just as good as the bachelors ones I think. I was considering trying to save some syns because of my night out drinking tomorrow... But I used the full 15 up today!
Has been a gorgeous sunny day in Bristol and H2B had the day off so we went to the park with Reece for a fun morning of play :) I resisted the ice cream van and I really fancied a feast- havent had one in years!! I wonder what the syns are for that?? (suggestions welcome although thinking sky high!)
And for dinner we ate in the garden so I had to partake in an alcoholic beverage... And then a mini milk so I got my ice cream but in a SW friendly way!

Todays food-
B: A couple of grapes at the park.
L: Free mugshot (sweet & sour noodle one). Cherries. Nectarine.
D: Chicken breast burger (grilled chicken breast, lettuce, 2tbsp extra light mayo 2syns, 60g WM roll hexB). SW Wedges with 1tbsp BBQ sauce 1syn, 1tbsp light salad cream 1syn (for dipping!). Side salad with free dressing.

Snacks: Mini milk 1.5syns. Half a burger 2syns (shamefully eating leftovers- I need to nip this in the bud ASAP!)
Drinks: Costa medium skinny vanilla latte (skimmed milk hexA and syrup 2syns). Cup of tea (sweetener and dash of skimmed milk 0.5syn) Pepsi max cherry. Apple squash and soda. Carling Zest (330ml bottle) 5syns.
Syn Total - 15syns!!

And now H2B is sat munching on a big bar of mint areo- and I am drooling at the sight of it. What is wrong with me today!! But he is mean by eating it infront of me knowing I cant munch along with him!!
Im going to flexi-syn tomorrow with the wine consumption as there is simply no chance I am going to stick to 15 syns.
Preparing myself for the worst with the scales on Saturday :( I may cry...

Back