A yummy (and happier and healthier) mummy - for good this time!

sounds like a good day! :)
It's probably filling up on so much super free that has you bloated. I find I am when I eat more of it, too. :)

Good luck for tomorrow!

So happy about the loss :) Am seriously starting to worry about the holiday and gaining loads of weight. I know Im going to have a good time (first holiday with Reece and all H2Bs nieces and nephews! The 7 of them are going to cause havoc!) but Im worried about having a serious slump afterwards if I have a big gain! I am going to try and be good but it will probably be a week of flexi-syns!

Todays food-
B: Nothing.
L: Egg and bacon sandwich (2 x slices from 400g WM loaf hexB, egg fried in frylight, bacon with no fat, 2 tbsp tomato ketchup 2syns) Free yogurt. Cherries. Strawberries.
D: Cheats paella (chicken, rice, 50g chorizo 3.5syns, onions, peas, stock)

Snacks: 5 x tictacs 0.5syn. 2 x babybell light part hexA. Blueberries. Strawberries. Satsuma.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk part hexA) Pepsi max cherry. Apple squash and soda.
Syn Total - 6.5syns

Not a lot of syns today and slipped abit on the superfree for lunch and dinner apart from the fruit snacks :( Have made salad for lunch at work tomorrow but tea is going to probably be a mugshot or something as me and H2B are going to have a date night (Reece is staying over at my mums) and we are going to see How to train your Dragon 2 at the cinema! So excited :)

The movie was AMAZING!! The first one is in my top few favourite movies of all time and personally, I dont think the second disappointed :) Without spoiling it for anyone- I laughed and cried like a baby :)

Will have a weigh in on Friday morning this week as I leave for holiday on Friday afternoon (a lovely few hours on the train with a 19 month old who wont ever sit still!) At least then I can see the extent of the damage when I come back!!

Todays food-
B: Nothing...
L: Tuna salad (tuna, salad leaves, radish, spring onions, celery, cucumber and free dressing). Satsuma.
D: Got home a bit late from the movie and I didnt want to eat out and waste syns so I just had a free yogurt, banana, blueberries.

Snacks: Free yogurt. Special K chewy delight bar hexB. Strawberries, grapes and blueberries. Fruit Shoot ice lolly 3.5syns.
Drinks: Water. Pret a manger regular skinny vanilla latte (skimmed milk hexA and syrup 2syns). Starbucks medium skinny caramel latte (skimmed milk 6.5syns and syrup 2syns)
Syn Total - 14syns

Oops! Spending most of my syns on drinks again!!

Hi! Thought I'd pop in and subscribe - our starting stats are quite similar (I hope anyway. I'm 5'6'' and my scales at home say I'm 15st9lb... but I don't think they're right and I may be over that.)

Anyway, going to my first SW meeting tonight, so I thought I'd get a headstart. You've done amazing so far! I struggle with depression too, that's part of the reason I have put a lot of weight on recently - I binge eat crisp sandwiches and cheese haha

When I was depressed my downfall was eating nutella.. sometimes I would get the spoon in the jar! :(

Good luck with your weigh in, I hope SW scales are kind to you x

That's another one of my things. Chocolate and Crisps I'm so bad with.

No Nutella for me anymore though! :)

It was also getting damn expensive! I didn't often have actual food in, and would just nip to the corner shop for bread and a big packet of crisps or something and just eat a lot of that instead of an actual meal... not the way forward!

I used to buy take aways a lot.. Calculated OH and I spent a good £200 a month on them!

You can use nutella for fake rochers.. it tastes just as lovely and if you do them right they're only 1 syn each :)

Here's a photo of one of mine i made before. :D

UD0Klxr.jpg

Must say I've noticed since losing weight I've been much happier. I think it's because I don't eat the rubbish foods any more. It's amazing how bad they are for your mental and physical health!

Hi! Thought I'd pop in and subscribe - our starting stats are quite similar (I hope anyway. I'm 5'6'' and my scales at home say I'm 15st9lb... but I don't think they're right and I may be over that.)

Anyway, going to my first SW meeting tonight, so I thought I'd get a headstart. You've done amazing so far! I struggle with depression too, that's part of the reason I have put a lot of weight on recently - I binge eat crisp sandwiches and cheese haha

Welcome to my diary AmyDollBee :)

I hope your first meeting went well tonight! And I found coming on here first and seeing everyones results definitely helped with my motivation to actually start the plan. I found the first couple of weeks a slight struggle and then some of the small changes just became part of the norm- like using frylight rather than oil, only having one packet of crisps rather than a whole multipack...

Seeing the weight come off definitely helps with the depression- something to be happy about as I found I got into a depression spiral with feeling down because I gained weight and then I would eat more junk, then get down again...

Make sure you start a diary on here- it definitely helps! I tend to avoid junk sometimes because Id feel ashamed writing it down for all to see!!

A good day in work today (very rare I say that!) Mainly because Ive made a couple of very close friendships recently and it makes work a little more bareable :)

Been horrible and muggy weatherwise in Bristol today so I havent been too hungry, also a bit worried about a long train journey on Friday with Reece... He isnt going to want to stay still on the train at all!! Far too active!

Todays food-
B: Nothing.
L: 2 x M&S sushi snack packs 1syn. Banana. Strawberries and grapes. Rocky Road Hifi Light bar 3syns.
D: Scrambled eggs on 2 x WM toast hexB with grilled tomatoes. Free yogurt.

Snacks: Cherries. Blueberries. Mini Milk 1.5syns. 1 square dairy milk estimate 2syns. 6 x tic tacs 0.5syn.
Drinks: Starbucks medium skinny iced caramel latte (skimmed milk hexA and syrup 2syns). Pepsi max cherry. Diet lemonade. Water.
Syn Total - 10syns

Ive never had a hifi bar before but a friend gave one to me and it was YUM! Will have to get some for myself :)

Last edited:
Glad you've had a good day at work! It's nice to have others around, a support network can't be underestimated!
I'm a firm believer in food being linked to mood, clearly body image and self esteem have an impact on wellbeing too. My previous research was all about how gentle exercise in the natural environment can boost mood and even improve mental health- if you google 'green exercise' you'll see what I mean!
Food looks good but still doesn't look like you eat very much! Wonder what others think...?
I know I'm not the best example right now though ;-)
Any way you could break up your train journey? I know you can buy those tickets where you can get off at stops along the way, so long as you are heading the right way! Maybe break for a wander/cup of tea/lunch? Xx

Try the salted caramel bars, they are LUSH! And the chocolate orange ones taste like terrys :D
The peanut ones smell lovely, but I'm allergic, blah!

And google train activities, I'm sure you can find some great ideas. What about getting a pad of paper and some crayons? Ask him to draw his favourite things that he is seeing on the train. :)

He is too young for drawing- shows no interest in even trying as just wants to climb over everything and explore! He's a proper little boy!

My friend said the Salted Caramel hifis are amazing- shes going to get some next week and I'll try one before I get some myself.

Boo at the peanut allergy! Hope it isn't too severe as ive heard it can be completely life dominating.

I forgot to add my extra snack of 6 tic tacs which is another half syn so actually had 10 today.

Was so excited about my dinner tonight and it didnt disappoint :) Used a lot of syns but worth it! Kinda silly how happy I was with my dinner :p Not a lot of superfree though...

Todays food-
B: Peach.
L: Tesco tomato and herb pasta n sauce. Blueberries. Grapes. Strawberries. Free yogurt.
D: FAJITAS!!! (2 x small tesco tortilla wraps 10syns. Half a pack of discovery fajita seasoning- 4syns for the whole pack so 2syns. Chicken breast. Bell peppers. Onions. Lettuce. 4tbsp lighter than light mayo 2syns)

Snacks: 2 x plums. Nectarine. Blueberries. Special K chewy delight bar hexB. 2 x light babybels part hexA. 1 x sugarfree werthers original 0.5syns.
Drinks: Flavoured fizzy water. Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk part hexA).
Syn Total - 14.5syns

Running out of salad things in the house and, as I am away next week I dont see the point in buying more so superfree is going to have to suffer...

Back