A yummy (and happier and healthier) mummy - for good this time!

salted caramel £1.95 I think and the choco orange £1.45
Salted caramel work out as the better deal.. :)
These are the only ones I buy because otherwise I waste my syns on the others.. they're far too yum! but the salted caramel bar is lovely when frozen.. you gnaw on it! I have once ate 3 1/2 salted caramel bars in a day and used all my syns on them. Haha.

Ive just wanted to scoff everything in sight today and in some ways I have! Been caught by the dreaded toddler leftovers as well :(

On holidays from tomorrow- dreading the journey with Reece and his (starting to get more regular) tantrums (H2Bs mum thinks she knows everything about children so Im sure she'll butt in with her "advice" and I'll have to bite my tongue), dreading the lack of SW friendly food... But Im sure I'll be fine once we are there.

Todays food-
B: Banana.
L: "Pizza" (Small tesco tortilla wrap 5syns, tomato puree, 45g mozzerella hexA, cherry tomatoes) Free yogurt. Grapes. Plum.
D: Spicy prawn and chorizo pasta (pasta, 50g chorizo 3.5syns, tinned tomatoes, onion, prawns, chilli) and a side of babycorn- needed using up!

Snacks: Special K chewy delight bar hexB. 1/4 piece of toast and dairylea guestimate 3syns. Small bite of a penguin 2syns. Nectarine. Satsuma. Grapes.
Drinks: 1 x cup of tea (sweetener and dash of skimmed milk 0.5syn). Flavoured fizzy water.
Syn Total - 14syns

Used up a lot of my syns this week :( AND Ive realised that the Saturday after I get back from holiday (the 9th August) I have a wedding to go to- and they are having a 5 course wedding breakfast and an evening buffet!! And of course the booze...

I am so screwed for the next couple of weeks :(

plan in advance - assume oil will be used to cook with everything so everything is automatically 2-3 syns. Get dried fruits like raisins and stuff to snack on.. small things like so :)
If you go out out get the most SW friendly thing on the menu. And drink lots of water. If you try it will hopefully limit the damage.
But then again it's your holiday and you should have fun and not worry about syns, just relax.. :)

I'm sure your holiday will be fine! Just try and make the healthy choices, and if I were you I wouldn't worry too much about the diet and enjoy myself! Or as much as you can with the Mother-in-Law :p

Also, I saw something about the Gluten Free "Be Free" wraps at Asda being a Healthy Extra B if you want to save on syns next time you have a 'pizza' - if you can live without a cereal bar maybe a good choice?

Oops... Just oops!

Started off well by getting some fruit, water, hexb cereal bar and sushi for the journey and then it went downhill when I had to stand for almost my entire journey so I didn't end up eating until the last train at almost 4pm.

Then my soon to be MIL made sausages in buns (with butter! A bit odd even for me!), chips and pizzas for dinner for all the adults and children... And I caved. Had two sausages in white hot dog buns with butter and ketchup. I avoided the chips to have a slice of pizza (deep pan!! Argh!!!) And I had a packet of quavers.

Then I had two glasses of orange juice- I must admit I've missed juice!! SF squash is never going to be the same and I used to be a complete juice addict!

Not even going to work out the syns! But im sure its horrendous!

Oh well it's my only holiday this year and I will be back on the SW wagon when I'm back (minus the day for the wedding!)

Getting up at this ungodly hour is going to wreak havoc with my appetite today! But MIL and FIL like to leave early because FIL gets really bad road rage if we get stuck in traffic!

Means I also get the joyous job of waking Reece and he is like me and gets really grumpy when woken and if he doesnt get enough sleep! At least he can sleep in the car.

Not sure if the chalet site has wifi and my phone bill cant take a hammering from using mobile Internet so this may be it from me for a week.

Don't forget about me ladies and (maybe) gents! Have brilliant low syn weeks to make up for me!

Hey peeps! Im back :)

I was completely off plan last week. I started with good intentions then fell off the wagon at MILs house (grrr at those sausages and pizza!) and then thought Id try and be reasonably good during the week... Unfortuntely Great Yarmouth hasnt heard of Slimming World or anything that isnt deep fried... Literally I was walking down the amusements and fairground and EVERYTHING was chips or burgers or hot dogs... Then rock or icecream or slushies for desert! Not a salad or piece of superfree in sight. I think I was only on plan when I was asking for a diet coke in the bar or sneaking in a cheeky satsuma or banana from the stash Id taken with me!!

I didnt eat a lot to be honest but what I ate was awful. I skipped meals because it was so hot and I felt guilty for eating so much junk. I swear I feel bigger and I was so bloated :( Going to jump on the scales tomorrow and see the damage... Trying for a low syn week because I have a wedding (with a 6 course wedding meal and buffet!) on the weekend! Ouch.

I made a list of what I ate... I havent synned it though as Im not completely sure of portion sizes for the chips, cheese or condiments... It just for my reference so I can see why I gained and why *hopefully* Im going to have a few nice losses to get rid of the holiday bulge...

Holiday Bulge-
* Crumpets x 8 with butter.
* Cheesy Chips x 2
* Chips with garlic mayo and ketchup
* Ice cream x 3
* Battered fish and chips
* Chicken breast, bacon and cheese burger with chips and ketchup
* 2 slices deep pan cheese pizza
* Fab ice lolly
* WHOLE tub of phish food Ben & Jerrys....
* Asda Vitality bars x 3
* Sponge pudding with custard
* Wotsits x 2
* Quavers x2
* Costa medium skinny vanilla latte x 2
* Cups of tea with 1 sugar and dash of skimmed milk - multiple!
* Bottle of Bulmers cider x 2
* Bottle of Kopparberg strawberry cider x 2
* Half pint lager shandy x 2
* Lemon Bonbons x 4
* Egg mayo sandwiches on granary bread x 3

OUCH! Writing it down as one list is making me feel terrible... Shame on me :(

Last edited:
Back on plan today although not a lot of superfree, as we have no food in the house so its been a case of scrounging for something relatively SW friendly!! I was going to binge on a Dominos pizza and start back on plan tomorrow but I resisted! Mini victory!

Also the pasta n sauce I had for dinner was a high veg one- apparently 50% veg so can I count that as some of my superfree!?!?!

Oh and bad news, Ive been undersynning my costa coffee :( Flavoured skinny medium latte is 9.5syns so taking away 6.5syns for the hexA milk leaves 3syns for the syrup... And I watched them make it today and over my holiday and they definitely put in 3 pumps of syrup so that is 3syns :( Darn!!

Todays food-
B: Nothing (got up and got in the car to come home!)
L: Mugshot. 2 x nectarines. Plum.
D: High veg pasta n sauce (made with 120ml whole milk 4syns. Dont have any skimmed or semi in the house! Only whole milk for Reece) Mixed with 8 x olives 1syn and a tin of tuna.

Snacks: Large bag of Wotsits 120kcal 6syns. Peach. Special K chewy bar hexB.
Drinks: Water. Pepsi max cherry. Costa medium skinny vanilla latte (skimmed milk hexA and syrup 3syns)
Syn Total - 14syns

Back on plan and shopping day tomorrow so will stock up on the superfree and healthier snacks...

If I were you I would just up your super free, not lower yours syns. have 2/3 for a week and I'm sure you'll limit damage from last week :)
Well done for writing it all down. I hope you won't have a gain. xx

Thanks ladies :)

I weighed this morning and I was so pleasantly surprised and happy that I only gained 1lb!! I stepped on the scales three times to make sure but got the same result :)

I did a lot of walking every day (mainly with the pushchair so adding some extra resistance) and chasing after all the children (7 in total including Reece!) so that may have counter-acted the junk food.

Well done hun, keep to plan this week and that LB plus more will be gone :)

Thanks ladies!
Am finding it a little difficult to get back into the SW mindset today- I got used to grabbing some crisps or a sandwich when peckish last week but im determined to be on plan this week until the wedding at the weekend. I wont be able to avoid the wedding breakfast or toast bubbly but am going to try and be good with the evening food and my drinks... I hope!!

Lots more superfree today so Im very happy about that- even made a conscious decision at dinner to have sweetcorn instead of beans- superfree instead of free! And I actually really enjoyed it- forgotten how much I do like sweetcorn!

Back to work tomorrow- doing a full shift as well :( A 10am-8pm shift so I have packed loads of fruit for me to snack on as I probably wont have a proper meal. Oh and be prepared for moaning as my first full shift back is going to be rough!

Todays food-
B: None (got up and went straight out to the supermarket)
L: 2 x tuna melt (2 x 400g WM loaf slices hexB topped with tuna mayo- hellmans lighter than light 4tbsp 2syns and 40g reduced fat cheddar hexA). Nectarine. Blueberries and strawberries.
D: 3 x light choices sausages 3syns, carrot and potato mash (with 10g light spread 2syns and a dash of skimmed milk 0.5syn) and sweetcorn.

Snacks: Tesco cheese curls 4.5syns. Banana. Blueberries.
Drinks: Coke zero. Flavoured fizzy water. Butterscotch options 39kcal 2syns (made with a dash of skimmed milk 0.5syn)
Syn Total - 14.5syns

Still a lot of syns used but, as suggested by MC, I have definitely upped my superfree!!

Back