Aaaaamazed

SueJulyBride

Hi Guys,

I started LT on sat and Im due to have my first weigh in 2m evening. The thing is Ive been doing something some one on here said I shouldn't do: WEIGHING MYSELF and Im doing it nearly every day in the morning!

I am In utter shock and amazement at the way my weight is going according to my scales im down 8lbs already lets hope the pharmacists scales is the same or MORE lol.....

Im just peeved I didn't know about this diet sooner as my hen night is in june and Ill have to start refeeding the last week in May to be fully prepared for it and my wedding in July.

Quick question can you drink alcohol while on maintenance??

Hi and welcome, don't worry too much about the weighing yourself everyday as i do the same. But be careful not to get too hung up on it as when you get a week with no loss(it does happen) and it gets alot of people down.
I think you can have alcohol on maintenance but when and how much i have no idea,sorry.
Good luck with WI it will be bloody great!!

I used to weigh myself every day, but it got to be so different to what my pharmacist's scales said i stopped doing it, now i just weigh myself once a week on top of the pharmacist's weigh in. As for drinking on maintence, when i was refeeding over xmas, my pharmacist said no alcohol for the first 2-3 weeks of coming off, i found when i did have a drink, i got drunk very quickly, but i would advise to discuss with your pharmacist or call the LT helpline for this. good luck

I am getting my first weigh in tomorrow. I see you said that sometimes there is no loss....why does that happen if you are on such a low dosage of calories?

I am getting my first weigh in tomorrow. I see you said that sometimes there is no loss....why does that happen if you are on such a low dosage of calories?

Because our bodies are very strange!

Our bodies hate letting our fat cells sit empty in case we need them again, so it fills our empty fat cells with water, as it's easier for it to replace the water than refill a completely empty fat cell. It holds on to the water until it's sure it won't be needing the fat cells and then it empties them of the water and you get a woosh on the weight loss.

I hope that makes sense. (I found this out from a low carb forum).

Good luck for your weigh ins tomorrow, SueJulyBride and sci-fi.

Good luck for your weigh ins tomorrow, SueJulyBride and sci-fi.

I posted that 4 days ago I got weighed already down 8lbs yaaaaay so happy

Good luck Sanghi, let us know how u get on....

Congratulations! I'm one of the people that also gets on the scales every day. I'm not put off if i see a loss or even a slight gain though as I know with perseverance you can make it in the end! (I know I've only just started this but actually lost a lot since january lol).

11lb's down .....I keep posting it in every thread I am in because I am so delighted. How did ye get on?

OMG Sci-Fi thats amazing well done....

I lost 8lbs which Im CHUFFED with...
Dreading this weeks weigh in though as Im coming up to totm, had the break out over the wkend now have the bloated belly so Im sure it'll effect my WI. God damn women issues:rolleyes::rolleyes:....

OMG Sci-Fi thats amazing well done....

I lost 8lbs which Im CHUFFED with...
Dreading this weeks weigh in though as Im coming up to totm, had the break out over the wkend now have the bloated belly so Im sure it'll effect my WI. God damn women issues:rolleyes::rolleyes:....

That is great SueJulyBride!!!
If your weigh in is affected this week then you should more than make up for it the following week! Mine should be coming up next week ( I hope ) LOL!

Back