AAM day once a week

slinkybride2be

Silver Member
Decided I am going to AAM once a week from this weekend, partly because it will give me something to look forward to but mainly so that my body can slowly get used to food again. The last thing I want to do is get to goal and start healthy eating and then put weight back on due to the fact my body has been used to 600cals a day for the past 4 months. So I'm thinking quorn chicken, lettuce and spring onions (and a little bit of coleslaw? Haha joke!) Do you think this will be ok, or will it have a big effect on my weekly loss? Thanks guys x

14stoneto9stoneplease said:
Decided I am going to AAM once a week from this weekend, partly because it will give me something to look forward to but mainly so that my body can slowly get used to food again. The last thing I want to do is get to goal and start healthy eating and then put weight back on due to the fact my body has been used to 600cals a day for the past 4 months. So I'm thinking quorn chicken, lettuce and spring onions (and a little bit of coleslaw? Haha joke!) Do you think this will be ok, or will it have a big effect on my weekly loss? Thanks guys x

I think this will be fine. Avoid carbs but you have 400 or so calories to play with. I think onions have carbs but don't worry too much. I find if you do what suits you and you feel comfortable you will do fine. It does not affect my weigh loss , if anything I lose more after a 'adding a meal day '.
It seems to boost the metabolism and as you say gets you used to a life with food again. If you eat lots of carbs it will be tough to get back on TS.
GSQ

Thanks GSQ, wow I didn't even no onions had carbs! Maybe I'll have some broccoli and cabbage instead then. Do you know where the sticky of ketogenic foods is on here? Iv read it before but can't fond it anywhere now! Also what sized portion meals do you have? x

Carbohydrates:
onion (1 medium) - 8g
onion fried (2 good tbsp) - 7g
onion picked (1 onion) - 1g
spring onion (1 onion) - trace

broccoli steamed, boiled (4 med florets) - 2g

cabbage, green, steamed, boiled
(3 heaped tbsp) - 2g
cabbage red, white, pickled
(1 level tbsp) - trace
cabbage red, white, raw
(3 heaped tbsp) - 5g

I hope that helps a little :)

14stoneto9stoneplease said:
Thanks GSQ, wow I didn't even no onions had carbs! Maybe I'll have some broccoli and cabbage instead then. Do you know where the sticky of ketogenic foods is on here? Iv read it before but can't fond it anywhere now! Also what sized portion meals do you have? x

Hi there. The sticky is helpful - see above.
Portion size? I have noticed that slim people eat less so now my portion size is half of what it was.

I also avoid any prepared ready meals, the portion sizes are huge and they are loaded with extra hidden fat and carbs. So small portions, fresh foods. Lots of fish and green vegetables and Salad.
GSQ

Thankyou all so much, very helpful indeed x

Sounds like a good idea to me. :)

I'm sure others could use this idea to help them keep on the straight and narrow. Like if someone finds weekends difficult, why not do AAM on a Saturday and Sunday? Would it really be so bad? Especially considering the alternatives that could very easily end up in complete failure.

Food for thought, so to speak. :D

I think this is a great idea and i might join in the AAM day fun too. Sundays are always my 'bad days' and without fail it seems to be the day my diet all goes wrong. So i'll give planning an AAM day a go and see if that helps. I think you don't need an AAMW at all if you do it this way too which is good for those of us who live in fear of AAMW. :)

losingit said:
I think this is a great idea and i might join in the AAM day fun too. Sundays are always my 'bad days' and without fail it seems to be the day my diet all goes wrong. So i'll give planning an AAM day a go and see if that helps. I think you don't need an AAMW at all if you do it this way too which is good for those of us who live in fear of AAMW. :)

I am one of those who live in fear of AAMW! lol! I know for most people it doesn't affect their loss but if I did it and got on the scales and a had a gain or even a STS then I think I would live in fear of food forever! I'm hoping this way I can gradually introduce healthy low carb food to my body again so that it doesn't go into shock when I eventually do eat! Also thinking after 3-4 weeks I may do AAM twice a week, then three times a week etc etc. But we shall see, will all depend on the scales! X

That's a great plan for getting back to normal eating without piling weight back on. I think i'll be following in your foodsteps when i get (much) closer to goal.

Back