• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

AAM Week ideas

kazz

Gold Member
Hiya

I have my AAM week starting Monday and am just wondering if anyone can tell me wat I can eat.....I've managed to deduce that a cheese sandwich is out but have no idea really wats in!

I dont really like fish, then again I havent tried it in years, but I dont think I;ll like it!!

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

jazzy

Hi Kazz

The food is limited to very small amounts. A small piece of protein and two tablespoons of green or white vegetables. I tend to have the chicken with fresh coriander and three mushrooms, or Cod and Cabbage (which I had to have for breakfast this morning.... long story, don't ask!), or cottage cheese and cucumber.

I love doing AAM weeks, even if they are quite bland. Means I feel "normal" for the week and I still lose weight so all of my fears were unfounded.

Good luck and enjoy!

Jazzy x

snowyj

S: 14st0lb C: 14st0lb G: 11st10lb Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hi Kazz,

Mine starts next Friday...I think I'm just going to stick to chicken (grilled or wrapped in foil and cooked in oven), and then just peas or brocolli - I don't think I'll mind having the same everyday as it will be such a novelty to eat! I think it will be a struggle to stick to the portion sizes...but then if I can go 4 weeks not eating anything but bars, shakes and soups - surely I can have to will power to stick to set amount of chicken and veg. Let me know how you get on and what you eat.

Kazz I am on AAM week now, and bought chicken, mushrooms, lettuce, some fresh parsley, and coriander at the shops yesterday.
Not sure how I am going to cook it yet, but was thinking about either coating my chicken in chicken and mush pack, then putting it in foil with a few mushroom and baking it, then making a sauce with a bit of the chick and mush pack, and making a stuffing with the rest ... or coating it with the spicy tom and cooking with mushrooms, and having the rest of the soup with it.

I love experimental cooking, so no doubt I will be getting very creative on AAM weeks ;)

xxxx

Kazz, that sounds great, can't wait till I get to AAM and can try it. Some people say they add a lot of spices to the chicken so it isn't so bland, might try that too. I'll have to go for chicken too, I can be iffy with fish and cottage cheese is disgusting.

You could try cooking your chicken and mushrooms plain as well and slicing them into small peices and adding to a soup pack to make a gorgeous hearty soup :)

kazz

Gold Member
I like the idea of cooking the chicken and some mushrooms with the soup.....yummy!! So for the chicken amounts we are obviously not talking a full chicken breast? I usually buy chicken fillets, but I know tesco sell mini ones....are the mini ones more the right weight & size?? Can I use lazy garlic? How many button mushrooms?

Hi Kazz,

Mine starts next Friday...I think I'm just going to stick to chicken (grilled or wrapped in foil and cooked in oven), and then just peas or brocolli - I don't think I'll mind having the same everyday as it will be such a novelty to eat! I think it will be a struggle to stick to the portion sizes...but then if I can go 4 weeks not eating anything but bars, shakes and soups - surely I can have to will power to stick to set amount of chicken and veg. Let me know how you get on and what you eat.
Hi Snowy

I don't think you are allowed peas, would be worth checking that before you have your meal would be a shame to cheat without even intending too.

Hope you all enjoy your add a meal weeks !

Dizzy x

Here's another idea...
take a small lettuce leaf, and put your cooked chicken and some coriander on it, and roll it up.

I saw a variation of this on a cooking show this week, and am going to try it with chicken and tabasco ;) I love spicy foods and wraps :)