Aargh! Weight gain and no idea why!

CaledoniaDreaming

Silver Member
Up a pound and a half and the ONLY thing different to normal is that for the last two days I've had 1tsp of soy sauce each dinner. Could that be it? I don't mind stalling or being a wee bit up but this is demoralising. Maybe I only have to think about Galaxy chocolate and I put weight on! Seriously, quite demoralised.

My weight loss is always up and down but the result being overall down. You've done so well so far haven't you noticed this? It could be something as little as eating something salty before bed. I bet you'll wake up tomorrow and you'll have lost 2lb :D

Soy Sauce makes me retain water like there is no tomorrow! It is so salty... even a tsp for me.

Stay away from it or if you do have it, then bear in mind you might have a pound or more of water retention ( I usually get a kilo! )

Don't be demoralised... have a few day with very low sodium in your meals and you will see that weight go back down in no time!

Never having soy sauce again! Up another 1/2 lb. Was going to make chicken soup today as I have a really bad sore throat but would have had to use a stock cube as I have no homemade stock in the freezer - too much salt so will just have the chicken dry.

I use low salt Amoy soy sauce and it doesn't seem to be having any effect on me, I pour loads in too, didn't realise we were only allowed a tbsp!

I use low salt Amoy soy sauce and it doesn't seem to be having any effect on me, I pour loads in too, didn't realise we were only allowed a tbsp!

Isn't it funny, the different things that will affect one person and not another! Have been scared off the soy sauce but might try the low-salt once I finally reach consolidation.

Back