Abbreviations

Sage-femme

Silver Member
I keep seeing things like AAM - can anyone enlighten me as to what the mean please? Xxx

I used to get sooooo confused with all the abbreviations! Here are some that you would see on this board.....
AAM - Add a meal
TS - Total source
WS - Working source
STS - stayed the same (on a weigh in)
TOTM - Time of the month

Thank you both! Sorry everyone whose been here a while must get sick of all the newbie questions lol!

So add a meal - how does that work? Xx

This is something the really annoys me!!! Exante send a pathetic leaflet about what your supposed to eat, and nothing else.

What about AAM & why its so important, what ketosis is and all the FAQ's related to that, the maintenance plan, and how to introduce carbs back into your diet! Its flamin ridiculous!!!

I totally agree Hannata - the info on the website is very vague. It's my 40th next week and I have 20lbs left to lose. I was planning on starting to wean myself off before my birthday by replacing one pack a day to start for a few weeks and then replacing 2 packs for a further few weeks and then perhaps following a normal low carb diet to see how i'd maintain. But i'm confused as to when is best to start doing this!!!!!

Will you still lose weight as with the CD steps?? Or is it safe to get to goal on TS and then wean off to maintain??? I simply have no idea.

I love the shakes, bars and soups - they are far nicer than those on CD but the lack of info from Exante is disheartening - without this forum it would be really hard. You guys are amazing and the info on here is invaluable.

xx

hannata said:
This is something the really annoys me!!! Exante send a pathetic leaflet about what your supposed to eat, and nothing else.

What about AAM & why its so important, what ketosis is and all the FAQ's related to that, the maintenance plan, and how to introduce carbs back into your diet! Its flamin ridiculous!!!

I agree! X

more abbreviations

I keep seeing things like AAM - can anyone enlighten me as to what the mean please? Xxx

Hello

I still send text messages in longhand with punctuation and capital letters, much to the amusement of my children. I am not that familiar with internet or forum speak let alone weight loss forum abbreviations.
So to start - what's LOL? Lots of love? and OMG - is it a sigh? OH? on holiday?
This honking is a bit confusing too - but yes I am or have followed the diet 100% since 7 March. Should I honk?
Thanks for your support, great site.
Yours slightly bewildered.

Learnt to add one of these though.... :)

Hi get slim quick I text with longhand too hehe. I *think* oh means other half I.e husband/boyfriend/fiancé ..
Lol means laugh out loud I actually use this a lot randomly at the end of sentences etc to show I'm not being too serious.
Honk it just to say you've been 100% which by the way you've done amazingly with :) well done xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Getslimquick said:
Hello

I still send text messages in longhand with punctuation and capital letters, much to the amusement of my children. I am not that familiar with internet or forum speak let alone weight loss forum abbreviations.
So to start - what's LOL? Lots of love? and OMG - is it a sigh? OH? on holiday?
This honking is a bit confusing too - but yes I am or have followed the diet 100% since 7 March. Should I honk?
Thanks for your support, great site.
Yours slightly bewildered.

Learnt to add one of these though.... :)

Lol is laugh out loud

OH is other half

DS is darling son ( can be followed by a number i.e. darling son number one would be my eldest and number 4 my youngest etc )

DD is darling daughter

Omg is oh my god

Mil is mother in law

And yes dO honk for doing fab!
On every day that you have been 100% to plan give a big fat HONK!

Hope this helps x

And omg is oh my god - can also be used to express surprise/shock etc xxx

Chazsucks said:
Hi get slim quick I text with longhand too hehe. I *think* oh means other half I.e husband/boyfriend/fiancé ..
Lol means laugh out loud I actually use this a lot randomly at the end of sentences etc to show I'm not being too serious.
Honk it just to say you've been 100% which by the way you've done amazingly with :) well done xxx

Sorry to have repeated your explanation lol
Was typing at the same time as trying to make the kids breakfast so took ages and didn't see your reply! Xx

Can I add that TBH is to be honest and ATM is at the moment and tmi is too much information xx

Last edited:
I luv messing with words and abbreviations spelling stuff wrong and all sorts !!!!! Do it on purpose just for a laugh didnt honestly think people honestly worried about incorrect spellins ;) or owt like that on message boards .....
Most guilty of using lol, lmao, omg, pmsl just a few and sometimes even chuck in the odd omfg !!!!! Oooops naughty naughty!!! Chill out peeps it's all good !!!

Most grateful! It seems I will have to do a course in forum abbreviations. It will take my mind off other distractions - not to be mentioned.

I might enjoy 'honking' too.
I use another often JBK - Its just B**** knackered. Or is that considered impolite. I know CAPITALS are not good in e mails - shouting but are there other other rules of etiquette I should know?
;)

these are good too - for an apprentice.

A Google search is calling for the language of today.

Thanks for your supportive comments. 100% is pretty good for 20 days.

ps - what is lmao?

LOL hahaha.x

Back