Step 1 Sole Source Abi's weight loss diary!

Well done on the 5lbs off! Food smells are a killer! I can resist at the time, but once the smell of something delicious has entered my nose, I will carry on thinking about and craving food until I eat something ill-advised and not even worth breaking the diet for.

Hello everyone! So sorry I haven't been writing this week, I have been rushed off my feet with work!

This week has been tough but I have stayed strong and not cheated. But I have been starving... Let me explain!

I have not been physically hungry at all, not one day of the diet. But emotionally I am so so hungry! I am a big comfort eater, so with stress I automatically feel emotionally hungry. I am going to speal to my CDC about ss+ tomorrow. I am very very stubborn and won't cheat at all no matter what step I am doing, but I can't help but think it would be a bit more pleasant if I could just eat a little each evening with my husband.

See, I'm not craving anything bad or naughty, just veggies and fish! I have been pretty miserable this week, to the point I can't even face my shakes because I'm so bored of them.

Before now I have always been a very healthy eater. Whole wheat pasta, brown rice, quorn, grilled and baked fish, seeds and nuts, lots of veggies, plenty of fruit! My downfall has been all the little extras and treats... The cheese and breads, wine, chocolate etc etc...

But if my losses slow on ss+ you can bet your bottom dollar I'm coming right back to ss lol!

Anyone have experience with this? I see Sophie you eat little bits to keep going! DO you do it daily and does it effect losses much? Yours look fab to be fair!

Thanks again for getting involved in my diary ladies, it really means so much!xx

I'm in the same predicament as you! But I figure going on to SS+ will prevent me from straying from the diet in a bad way!

And I'm told it doesn't affect your losses!

Let us know how it goes with your CDC. X

Hi sweetie, no it doesn't seem to affect my losses and i have eggs probably four out of the seven days! I just make sure that I try and reach my four litres on those days , in my head it makes me feel less guilty for eating them...silly as they're only eggs not chocolate but there you go!

Hello ladies!

WI yesterday, 2lbs gone :)

I am not disappointed but my own scales said 4lbs, so it was a bit of a :confused: moment ha!

Anyway, 2lbs brings me to over a stone gone in 3 weeks, whaaaat?! Fabulous!

I have decided to do a mix of ss and ss+, having a small evening meal from the list when I feel I want it or need it. This diet takes SO MUCH self discipline and determination, but considering the losses between ss and ss+ are so similar, I don't feel like denying myself a bit of salad, veg or quorn just so I can be a Martyr :) xx

Well done abi u r doing fab i have had eggs on a few occasions when felt hungry too just to stop me from cheating :). U r doing fab x keep it up will look for your WI next week

Not doing to bad lost another 2lb today so that's 17lb now in three weeks on track still for my target of 3 stone before my hols :) hard some days though but still going strong

Day 26!

So I decided to go onto ss+ as I was struggling to get 3 packs down (they just become so boring!) and my CDC was great about it and gave me lots of tips.

My lord does it feel good to eat veggies! I really missed salads and fresh veg so it's been a god send. I will admit that the first day I was thinking I had made a huge mistake because even thought I was STUFFED after my meal... I was ravenous for more less than 2 hours later! But I kept it in check and did not bow down to my desires and it past by the second day. I have been peeing on my sticks and still in ketosis (I wasn't expecting to be out of it, but it was so horrible getting into it, I'm a bit paranoid about slipping out) so I'm looking forward to my weigh in!

Although I get that heavy belly / nauseas / exhausted feeling that comes before mother nature makes her monthly appearance so, not sure how that will effect my weigh in :(

My first week on CD was my time of the month and I still lost 8lbs, so I am hoping I'm one of those who it doesn't effect? Having said that my usually-like-clockwork-cycle lasted TWO weeks (never ever happened before, always 4 days) but my GP and CDC said it was because when you are in ketosis you are obviously burning fat, fat contains oestrogen, oestrogen makes your bleeds last longer! Or something like that, something about oestrogen being fat soluble and lots of it is released when you hit ketosis.

Anyway, I am sat here with my first ever CWP "hot chocolate" aaaaaaaaaaaand it's not for me lol! It's a bit icky... Oh well least i know now! x

Awwww bless you, I can only drink the choc mint hot! The others just taste funny! Interesting what you were saying about TOTM, mine were all over the place to begin with and I had three in six weeks! Literally did my head in! But seems to have calmed down now thank goodness!

Youre doing really well! I know what you mean about eating..I had my first meal (salad cucumber and eggs) for the first time in 8 weeks yest and Lordy was it amazing!! So I may carry on doing ss+ after we move house depending on what the loss is like! And a stone in 3 weeks is fab!! Xxx

Hi Sophie! I think I will get a mint choc one to try hot as I really would love something warm and chocolatey in the evening, I miss being able to indulge lol.

Wasn't it heavenly to eat something other than a cwp packet meal?! I was so ridiculously excited ha!

I am having an ss+ meal every day for the full week to see how my losses are. If it's less than 3lbs I think I will go back to just SS. Simply because to hit my target by my goal date I have to lose 3lbs a week or there abouts. Although I only lost 2lbs last week for some reason!

xx

Ohhh, that makes a lot of sense. I don't really have periods (mirena), but this month I had one and it lasted for ages!

A stone in 3 weeks is amazing, well done!! I haven't tried the shakes warm yet - don't really fancy them I don't think, because the only hot drink I really love is black coffee. My CDC mentioned that some people freeze the cartons of shakes to make ice cream, but I don't fancy that either. :eek:

Quorn with loads of black pepper, or eggs (ditto) are my favourite snacks. I originally planned to do SS, but I am liking being able to eat something relatively normal once a day.

Hi Babikins and ladies. Thanks for sharing your story with us. You are doing really well! I admire your positive attitude.
I've also noticed my periods last longer on this diet, I've had 2 so far, and the 2nd one definitely went on for longer than usual.
I think that doing SS+ is a good idea. I've been going off track recently, so I think, maybe I need to try SS+ so that I don't give into my cravings for all the wrong things! Hopefully having a little bit of something like eggs, fish and veggies will satisfy me and it won't affect my weight loss like eating McDonalds or chocolate will!
Good luck for weigh in!

Ohh now I am craving some lovely warm eggs with black pepper. *drool*

That's dinner planned then! :)

I used to have a bad habit of snacking in an evening after the kids had gone to bed. I still struggle not to, but now it's baby spinach leaves with plenty of black pepper ground over them. When they're nice and fresh, they are just crunchy enough to feel like crisps, but not so more-ish I go back for another packet! :eek:

That's a good idea AuburnAshes. I'll have to stock up the veggies, instead of giving in to the chocolate cravings! :)

How did you get in today with wi ? Hope it's been a good result for you ? X

Hello ladies! So sorry for the late reply!

3lbs down but TOTM so I'm OK with that I think. I would have liked a 1lb or two more, but wouldn't we all! Also with this heat I was grateful for any loss, I have been so bloated and puffed up! Add to that my sunburn and ginger hair and I look a right mess haha!

Hi Selphie! I have been doing ss for 3 weeks and ss+ for 1 week and my loss this week (whilst I've been having the odd bit of protein, salad, veggies on ss+) I have actually lost more than last week, despite the above problems! So more than happy to continue as I am and not suffer on SS for no reason. I did SS with no cheats and it was just so difficult in the end, I was dreading shakes because the taste of everything was just so yucky and monotonous. In face my order this week was 18 choc tetras and 3 cranberry bars! It's all that's left now I can happily eat every day.

I have:

11am choc tetra

2pm grilled chicken/fish and a small salad

5pm choc tetra

7pm bar/tetra

And that is plenty to keep me happy all day. In fact this weekend we went for a picnic and I could actually eat something with them, like a "normal" person lol! It felt really nice and this is certainly the weather for salad.

In other news, I have took the plunge and arranged a consultation for braces! Yes, braces... at 25 years of age! My teeth were never a problem until my wisdom teeth came in at 17 and caused some crowding. I've never been happy with my smile after that but I was no longer eligible for NHS dental work, so I just put it off.

Anyway with all this hard work I am putting into losing weight, I thought, why not? If I don't do it now, I never will! I don't think my husband is too impressed with the financial outlay involved however lol. But it's something that means a lot to me so, biting the bullet just seemed the right thing to do. Total Abi makeover is GO!

Oh bless you, I am also getting mightily fed up of some of the products, but it hasn't got to that extent for me...yet!

I seem to be having some decent losses on SS+. I feel like I can keep it up for longer than I could keep up no food at all. The meals get a bit same-y, but I'm trying to get a bit more inventive. Just having a spinach omelette, which I wasn't sure I could manage not to burn without any oil, but I kept the heat a bit lower than usual and it was fine. It's really nice! Having it on a bed (ooh get me, bed...I think I mean 'scruffy heap') of more spinach (guess who forgot to buy any other sort of salad), with black pepper and balsamic vinegar.

Wow, I contacted my dentist last week and asked for an appointment to discuss braces!!

Aw I hope you get them Auburn! It took me a while to get over the mental side of how I will look with them, but it's something I'm prepared to deal with.

In other news...

Having an AWFUL day with the diet. I haven't really cheated, not yet anyway.

I have been on ss+ for about 10 days, for most of which I have been using this 9cal salad dressing from Tesco. I checked the label and it was super low carb, couldn't see anything wrong with it. It tastes quite nice and helps make salad more bearable. Anyway, on a whim today I re-read the ingredients... Citric f*cking acid. My heart sank.

I'm now wondering if that's why I only had a 2.5lbs loss this week. So I felt really crappy about myself and this always leads to emotional eating. I managed to reign in my feelings before I did anything stupid, but I am still way over what I should have had today. I made an omelette and had some roast chicken on the side, portion size was bigger than I think is acceptable, I'm not sure as I didn't weigh it.

Also, I stupidly bought some coke zero cans. I say stupidly as I NEVER EVER ever ever used to drink fizzy drinks before CWP. Yet with the heat I succumbed to the idea of an ice cold can. And now....

Now I can't stop drinking the stuff. I'm so angry with myself.

I just can't be trusted with food!!! It's ridiculous, 25 years old and I am not able to be in control of my own cravings. I am so s disheartened. I feel like giving in and binging on hummus, pasta with pesto, warm bread smothered in butter, Pinot Noir, dark chocolate, ice cream, cocktails, vegetable crisps, roasted peppers, meze... urgh the list is endless!!!!

I'm not going to.

But at 1st4lbs down I feel bigger than when I started, I'm in that type of mood.

Guess TOTM isn't helping.

Hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel today and I'm only 4.5 weeks into what will most likely be a 6 month journey. I really don't want to feel this way every few months! I'm so hungry and miserable. I was far less hungry on just SS.

Tomorrow is a new day. Early night and hope for the best tomorrow :)

Back