about ketosis what colour should it be

peackie

I was wondering i am in ketosis and there are varied colours from dark red to light pink and obviously the 1 when your not in ketosis should we be dark red or the middle one i didnt know if there was a place you should be

Peackie I was told the more red or darker the colour the stronger your ketosis is. The lighter the colour the lighter the ketosis??

I think you need to be around the second pink...I think the darker colours mean that you are in ketosis but you are also dehydrated?

K xxx

Really kitty does it?? Jayney Im drinking 4litres of water a day I didnt think it was possible to be thirsty!!

Must try to drink more...at least Im in ketosis tho :D

Really kitty does it?? Jayney Im drinking 4litres of water a day I didnt think it was possible to be thirsty!!

Must try to drink more...at least Im in ketosis tho :D
#

I fainted on day 4, it turned out that i'd been drinking my 4 litres too quickly as I wasn't used to drinking it...so was necking it and then it was going straight through me.

When my LLC told me I was drhydrated, I thought she was having a laugh...I mean 4litres how the heck could I be. Then she explained it was like a waterwheel...little and often.

K xxx

i drink my water fast i coulndt possibly be dehydrated i have had 3 litres today so far will drink it slower thanx all for the advice

The ketostix measure the amount (concentration) of ketones in your urine. The darker the colour, ther more concentrated the ketones, and the more water you should drink. Even if you are showing the lightest pink, you are still in ketosis - if there are any ketones at all, you are in ketosis. The darker the colour does not equate to faster weight loss. If your body is in ketosis, it will lose weight at a regular rate (over time) no matter.

My understanding is that if you persist at high levels of ketones (overnight is fine, but for days) it can be dangerous - which is why we are told to drink more water the darker the colour.

I have just looked on the interweb, and in fact if your body persists at high ketone levels it can result in ketoacidosis which reduces the Ph of the blood - and this is dangerous.

Apparently this is most common in diabetics, but can be caused by drinking alcohol (therefore causing dehydration) whilst on a VLCD.

Back