About Me

James_P

My name is James, I'm from Hull, England. I've joined this site for support really, and also for inspiration from other peoples stories.

Anyway, I have no real reason to lose weight, I just want to do it for myself. I've always been quite heavy as I played Rugby in my youth and am pretty strong, but at 5'10" and 225lbs (16st 1lb) I though it was too much. In five days, after eating healthy and light excercise, I am now down to 220.5lbs. I am aiming to get to around 196lbs (14st) for now and then I will see how I feel and whether I think I need to lose any more.

So I'll keep you posted on how I do.

Hi James, best of luck - are you following a diet or just your own healthy eating plan??

Not a diet as such, I'm just trying to cut out the bad things that I ate far too much and just generally cutting down my intake.

After a slow week or so where I only lost a further 1lb, I decided it was time to increase my amounts of excercise a bit. So on Wednesday I joined a gym. I've been three times so far, on Thursday, Saturday and yesterday. It does bring home how unfit I have become when I am out of breath after a steady 10 minutes on a bike.

However I will work hard on my fitness, the good news is that as of this morning I now weigh 215.5lbs. Thats 9.5lbs lost in total.

well done james
keep up the good work
x

Well done James a good start :) as former tight-head my post playing days challenge was a good 70lbs more than yours :D going well so far and not a fake blood capsule in sight.

Last edited:
Thanks John. Although I was a League player myself.

Still making steady but good progress. Down to 213lbs as of this morning and nearing the 1 stone mark, thats 12lbs in total now.

Thanks John. Although I was a League player myself.

Still making steady but good progress. Down to 213lbs as of this morning and nearing the 1 stone mark, thats 12lbs in total now.

I should have guessed coming from Hull!

Well done James, great news for managing to kick this weight loss thing into gear. Just make sure you don't overdo it, and eat a balanced diet of everything. Just think, the easier you make it to diet, the easier it will be to stick to in the long run, and the more weight you will lose in the long term.

Anyway hope you do well as you certainly have so far.

Back