About to take the plunge

scunnybunny

Hi everyone. I'm just about to buy a bumper pack, however, i'm slightly worried about not liking the flavours in particular the shakes.

Is there anything that is truly awful. I have done CD before and some of the packets were dire lol

I have been reading Starlight's diary and she seems to like them all so i'm hoping i'm the same. :D

Is the bumper pack the best way to go. Also can I use the bars right away or is it like CD where you can have them after the 2nd week

Thanks for any help.

SB

Hi and welcome! Everyone seems to be different with the flavours of shakes and soups. Personally I love all of the shakes, think the mushroom soup is lovely and the bars are really nice and chunky but as for the rest of the soups, not fussed either way to be honest - they are passable but thats about it! Others love the soups but find the shakes a bit hit and miss, and even more others have commented that the flaours they loved in the first few weeks they no longer can stand - so it will all be down to you and your tastebuds!!
Bars can be eaten from day 1 but you can only have 1 bar a day otherwise it impacts on carb levels.
I started with ordering a bumper mixed pack to begin with as I wanted to try everything first. To be honest, I will probably do the same again next month just in case my tastebuds reject the shakes and decide the veg soup is the way forward!

I love all the shakes but am not quite as keen on the strawberry, although I do like it, just not as much as the others. I like the chocolate one hot, the vanilla one hot with cinnamon or mixed spice and the banana one with coffee (hot or cold).

I also like the soups now, which I didn't at first, but I really don't like the Chicken one. I can only eat the soups if I put loads of ground chillli and black pepper on them though.

The bars are lovely but I have moved on to ASDA and Biggest Loser meal replacement bars as they are cheaper and Starlight researched them and the nutrional values are the same.

In short, I really enjoy Exante's stuff.:D

When I first did Exante last year I got the month bumper back and regretted it because I wasn't keen on the bars and I hated the soups.
So I ordered the shakes only packs for this time round, plus I will buy a few meal replacement bars for when I want something solid to eat.

Maybe it would be a good idea to buy the week mixed pack and see what you do and dont like and then decide what to go for after that.

The bars are lovely but I have moved on to ASDA and Biggest Loser meal replacement bars as they are cheaper and Starlight researched them and the nutrional values are the same.

In short, I really enjoy Exante's stuff.:D

Thanks for that its definitely worth keeping in mind.

Maybe it would be a good idea to buy the week mixed pack and see what you do and dont like and then decide what to go for after that.

Thanks, I hadn't noticed that bundle. Thats what I will do.

Does anyone take fibre supplements and what can you recommend. One of the reasons I stopped CD was because of the incredible pain going to the toilet and my bp dropping so that I nearly passed out.

I have read the info on exante site and I think I have seen where I was going wrong something my CD counsellor did not pick up on, despite monitoring me sadly.

Never mind.

Thanks again

Welcome! I did the bumper pack first and last time I did CD too - lost nearly 5 stone, but put some back on.
I hated Cambridge bars and soups and only ever had the choc mint hot or the choc tetra. You will like Exante I'm sure. I personally think the bars are amazing and I prefer the shakes as they are not so sweet.
This time round I've bought only shakes as the bars, for me anyway, are too nice and tempting...although they did help me bound out of bed for breakfast :)
I have low blood pressure and also hypoglycemia, so am very careful if I go dizzy, but I keep glucose tablets with me everywhere I go and occasionally take on - not ideal on a diet, but minimal calories really and essential for me. Good luck!

I don't usually like strawberry flavoured things, but ordered the bumper shake pack as it was cheapest (i hate soup so not going there). I have tried all 4 flavours and they actually not too bad!

Good luck!

Good luck :D

Good luck hun, glad you've taken the plunge and ordered your packs :D
If you do dislike anything there are ways to 'pep up' the packs.
Such as sweeteners or a spoonful of coffee in the shakes.
Salt, pepper, chilli flakes etc in the soups.

Try physillium capsules I for them from holland and barrettes when I did the pig to twig diet, but can eat that type of food for long! Just read the instructions re the 30 mins before food and the volume of water required but I found then fantastic and plan to use then when starting the exante diet on Monday!

Thank you so much for the replies and for the support.

I think my order was a little late for it to be delivered today, but i'm all set if it arrives tomorrow to get started.

Having a look round this forum there's plenty of advice and inspiration to keep me going.

best wishes for the rest of your exante journey to everyone.

Back