Absolutely desperate to start....but Christmas looming :(

LouLouD123

Hi, I posted a little while ago about whether or not to start before Xmas. I have read the starter guide and that was really helpful so thank you to everybody who contributed to that. But I sooo want to start before Xmas. I know it sounds a bit pathetic but I feel at an absolute low with my weight and just want to be doing something about it!! We have a take-away tonight with friends so I wanted to start the pills tomorrow morning up until Xmas, take a break for a couple of days then crack back on. How long should I leave taking the pills to give a 'safe gap' before Xmas Day? Any advice would be much appreciated even if it is to delay starting, I am frustrated with my weight but don;t want to spend Xmas day tangoing :(
Thanks xx

Hiya! I'd stop taking the tablets 2-3 days before Christmas, to be on the safe side - that's certainly what I intend to do, based on past experience. xx

Thanks for your reply, that's really helpful :) I have started this morning and already feel a little more in control, at least for a week or so until Xmas then back on it.

I had just Christmas Day and Boxing Day "off" last year, as it was my first Christmas on Xenical. Going to be a devil and have Christmas Eve off this year as well, lol. xx

Hi, I posted a little while ago about whether or not to start before Xmas. I have read the starter guide and that was really helpful so thank you to everybody who contributed to that. But I sooo want to start before Xmas. I know it sounds a bit pathetic but I feel at an absolute low with my weight and just want to be doing something about it!! We have a take-away tonight with friends so I wanted to start the pills tomorrow morning up until Xmas, take a break for a couple of days then crack back on. How long should I leave taking the pills to give a 'safe gap' before Xmas Day? Any advice would be much appreciated even if it is to delay starting, I am frustrated with my weight but don;t want to spend Xmas day tangoing :(
Thanks xx

how did you get on?

Hi, thanks for asking :) I did about 8 day before Christmas, lost a few pounds. Ate like the world was ending over holidays, then back on pills from 30th. Doing ok actually, lost Xmas weight and still going. Haven't actually had any Tango moments but am actually struggling to eat 45g of fat each day and not go over my MFP daily calorie limit?

Back