Absolutely gutted!!!!

nicenders

For the second week in a row I've only lost two pounds!!!! Last week I put down to totm but doesn't explain this week!!! What am I doing wrong I'm being 100% good which is why it's so frustrating :-(

I feel your pain, going 7 days without eating, only having 2 poxy milkshakes and then to find out you have lost 2lbs, but it may just be a bad week, and lone behold you will probably be happy next week when you have lost like 3-4lbs or even more! It's all a roller coaster of emotions but the ride will end eventually, you just got to hold on tight and bear with it and just like a roller coaster ride, try and enjoy it... not many people can say they have lasted two weeks! I think this diet is only for people that have the will power to really want to lose it, sadly i've seen some people on the forum that have not been able to manage it and other diets are more suitable but anyone that is sucessful on this needs to have the mentality of a marine or something so keep in there! In the world of psychology we sometimes tell our patients to not to 'compare and despair', which is something i'm trying to be mindful of... i've seen so many people here in their first week losing like 12-14lbs but in my mind, when I go for my first weigh in i've told myself i'll be happy with 3lbs! Anything lower than that i'll still be happy with as long as I haven't put anything on (which seems near impossible as I naturally feel lighter on day 3)... keep at it, we are all in the same boat here but remember if the ship sinks, we must swim so 'just keep swimming' as the lil orange fish in finding nemo says (oh maybe watch it if you haven't, it will make the time fly...lol)

lol one thing I always find myself doing is using analogies so don't worry there will be lots of giggles coming your way just keep at it and post if you are going to have a breakdown, we're all waiting with the blanket stretched out at the bottom of the building to catch you! :p

Haha Bubz I love finding nemo! (the fish's name is Dory btw!) :D

Bubz is so very right though, are you drinking enough water? I've heard that not drinking enough water can slow down the weight loss, so that might be it? xx

I was also going to ask how much water are you drinking? You need to be drinking a minimum of 4 pints and a maximum of 8 pints a day. I always find if you can keep your water intake around 6 pints plus a day the losses are better. Also, are you constipated? Being all blocked up could slow down your losses. If neither of these apply and you are following all the rules then don't give up, you are due a big loss very soon.

Also, I know that 2lbs feels like a small loss on the crazy diet but go and get 2 packs of butter from your fridge and have a good look at it. That's the fat you have lost from your body! Best wishes for this week.

Thanks guys! I will stick with it! Yeah I'm drinking absolutely loads, and I make my shakes up to 500ml to make it last a bit longer and go further! Can you drink too much? I don't measure it, perhaps I should? Not constipated either! So fingers crossed for a better loss this week!

wow the two butter packs is absolutely true, I completely forgot how huge and light fat is! Lol that's a really good one thank you busy mum! I used to have a picture (i'm sure you can find it online) of a women holding a fake 5lbs portion of pure fat (such large amount) vs 5 lbs of muscle and when you look at the size difference it is shocking!

Thanks guys! I will stick with it! Yeah I'm drinking absolutely loads, and I make my shakes up to 500ml to make it last a bit longer and go further! Can you drink too much? I don't measure it, perhaps I should? Not constipated either! So fingers crossed for a better loss this week!

The maximum water you are allowed to drink is 8 pints a day. Don't go over this as you can make yourself very poorly. This water is over and above the water you use to mix your shakes which LT advice to be 240ml. I'm the same as you, I always mix my shakes up with 500ml of water so with this extra water in your shakes that's already using up 1.5 pints of the maximum 8 your allowed in a day. I always try to have another 6 pints of water a day. 2 pints in a morning, 2 in the afternoon and a further 2 in the evening. As you are not measuring the water you are having then I think you would be a good idea to monitor it closer just for a couple of days so that you can be sure what your intake is. Also the advice with the water is regular sipping rather than huge cup fulls in one go. Sounds like you're doing great, fingers crossed for a biggie next week. :fingerscrossed:

Thanks for the advice think I will just lower my water intake a little, that might be the problem you never know! I haven't had that much today I've been so busy so will make sure I get the amount that's needed and then slow down. Should I count my tea and coffee water in the eight pints?

Tea and coffee don't count towards your water intake, neither does adding more water to shakes x

Back