Accountability is key!!

Day 14
It’s weigh in eve today so hopefully a loss it won’t be anywhere near like last week and may even stay the same but feeling happy whatever it is as I have stuck to it 100% so haven’t cheated myself (which in reality is the only person I ever cheat in relation to weight etc!)
I tried a new bar today! The caramel crunch one and it was really nice the initial bite was like yep that protein taste is there but by the end of it it was lovely so that’s another for my next order!
Sorry here follows a boring but 🤣
I am trying not to go wild and order before I need to so am going to hang back another week before ordering for the next month!
Getting an idea of what I like but am hesitant to try the meals as when I did Exante before the meals for me personally made me feel physically ill they were that awful haha! I couldn’t eat them so for that I will probably swerve them.
Right hoping for good result tomorrow even if the scale doesn’t register anything my mental outlook is positive so for me that’s a good result!!

Day 14
It’s weigh in eve today so hopefully a loss it won’t be anywhere near like last week and may even stay the same but feeling happy whatever it is as I have stuck to it 100% so haven’t cheated myself (which in reality is the only person I ever cheat in relation to weight etc!)
I tried a new bar today! The caramel crunch one and it was really nice the initial bite was like yep that protein taste is there but by the end of it it was lovely so that’s another for my next order!
Sorry here follows a boring but 🤣
I am trying not to go wild and order before I need to so am going to hang back another week before ordering for the next month!
Getting an idea of what I like but am hesitant to try the meals as when I did Exante before the meals for me personally made me feel physically ill they were that awful haha! I couldn’t eat them so for that I will probably swerve them.
Right hoping for good result tomorrow even if the scale doesn’t register anything my mental outlook is positive so for me that’s a good result!!
Good luck tomorrow!

Day 15
Weigh in day and I am really pleased!! 3lbs down so I have knocked 1st 2lbs off in the past two weeks.
I expect now it will go slower and hold some weeks but it’s further down on the scales and a move nearer my goal so I am delighted!
I went to a soft play centre this morning with my kids which was fun(!) I probably should have had a shake before I went out because my husband had a full English breakfast.
I wasn’t tempted because I can’t take it or leave it even when I am on normal food(now if it was fish and chips it would be a different story!) and I won’t be but thought maybe try to plan ahead for things like this.
I am not missing alcohol at all , even though in lockdown I had gotten a taste for beer (which was a huge surprise to me and obviously not good for the waistline I remember a slimming club leader once telling me they are ‘liquid cream cakes’ 🤣🤣)but was never a big drinker just more of the attitude my husband is having one I will too.
Going into my third week with the determination that I will continue to stick to this plan and see it out, I will try cooking something a bit different and experiment more with the 200kcal. Above all I will try to be kind to myself and believe I can do it. I hope everyone has had a nice weekend!

Day 15
Weigh in day and I am really pleased!! 3lbs down so I have knocked 1st 2lbs off in the past two weeks.
I expect now it will go slower and hold some weeks but it’s further down on the scales and a move nearer my goal so I am delighted!
I went to a soft play centre this morning with my kids which was fun(!) I probably should have had a shake before I went out because my husband had a full English breakfast.
I wasn’t tempted because I can’t take it or leave it even when I am on normal food(now if it was fish and chips it would be a different story!) and I won’t be but thought maybe try to plan ahead for things like this.
I am not missing alcohol at all , even though in lockdown I had gotten a taste for beer (which was a huge surprise to me and obviously not good for the waistline I remember a slimming club leader once telling me they are ‘liquid cream cakes’ 🤣🤣)but was never a big drinker just more of the attitude my husband is having one I will too.
Going into my third week with the determination that I will continue to stick to this plan and see it out, I will try cooking something a bit different and experiment more with the 200kcal. Above all I will try to be kind to myself and believe I can do it. I hope everyone has had a nice weekend!
Unreal!! That’s amazing well done resisting temptation and on getting a fabulous result!!

Day 16
Onwards to the 3rd week(!) It’s been a good day have stuck to it had to have a bit of a blitz on the water as work was crazy busy and my mother in law and sister in law dropped in immediately after I had finished. I wasn’t expecting them (they live in a nearby town to the city I live in!) and had planned to get some water down my neck then but drinking and running up and down stairs every 5 minutes would be rather anti social!!
I am starting to feel and see (maybe) a difference in my face which is the place it normally comes off first (just a shame it doesn’t on my hips or thighs haha!) but there is a LONG way to go. I pushed my body to the limit weight wise this time and unless I had decided to regain control I think I could have gone a few more stone than what I have started at.
I was denying myself nothing which even when my weight has been up before I never did. Kids having a McDonalds as a treat? I’ll have one too (not even that bothered by McDonald’s either!?) might get myself a chocolate bar in the shop it’s been a busy day today, a takeaway pizza/Indian/Chinese on a Friday? Why not(again have only ever bothered with takeaway once in a blue moon).
My main weakness and always has been was the secretive eating and grazing which whilst it looked to anyone looking in I wasn’t having much but in actually fact whilst I pop into the kitchen two biscuits would fall into my hand the list goes on but sure if I ever counted or wrote down what I was eating I know I would have been horrified . Sorry rambling here!
I tried some vegetarian bacon tonight which wasn’t too bad it definitely does not taste like bacon but is low calorie and carb so a winner.
I am getting used to the birthday cake bar still not fully convinced but the one I had tonight I enjoyed but in the mind set that the bar is my treat of the day!

Day 17
A good day today no deviation and really have my determined head on I haven’t slipped once but know I’m not a robot so will at some point and that’s fine it’s just making sure the slip doesn’t become a two month going to hell on a horse event 🤣.
I ordered some seriously low carb bread rolls today and they arrived this evening so going to see how they fare tomorrow. Trying not to go too mad and buy the kitchen sink just gradually getting knowledge of the meals I can use for the 200kcal.
The plan tomorrow is to have one of these bread rolls toast it and have a poached egg with it.
I currently have a post England victory, tipsy husband sat across the way from me eating a large pizza. I am ok with it as well!

Day 18
Another day down which is good and staying the course.
Also a little victory I had to is maxi shirt dress that literally fit where it touched a couple of months ago (I didn’t try it on before starting this but it would have been the same if not worse) and it went on me fine! It’s definitely not right for going out in yet but was lovely to see looser clothes I have a very long way to go but anyhow it’s a bit of a silver lining! Hope everyone is good.

Day 19
Hope everyone is good another good day on the plan today although feeling a bit headachey today not sure if that is my cycle or just the fact I am prone to migraines that can strike whenever!
I had the vanilla and almond shake today and it was really nice I may order more of them on the upcoming order trying to plan my next month of stuff now (as I went overboard on the chocolate but was playing it safe!) might be daring(!) and try a lemon cheesecake shake to see how it is. They have Juiced which I am not sure if I think unlike a shake it’s a fruit smoothie/juice but not convinced! Keeping on keeping on and enjoying writing it on here to keep myself accountable!

Hi @Bertie81😊 good to read your diary you're doing really well! I'm doing Exante as well, my own version that is! I started around the same time as you im on day 17 today.

Whats your favourite shake so far? I like vegan double choc and almond bakewell. Im not vegan. The strawberry smoothie gave me sugar cravings, but maybe that's just me!

Hi @Bertie81😊 good to read your diary you're doing really well! I'm doing Exante as well, my own version that is! I started around the same time as you im on day 17 today.

Whats your favourite shake so far? I like vegan double choc and almond bakewell. Im not vegan. The strawberry smoothie gave me sugar cravings, but maybe that's just me!
Hi it’s lovely to see another fellow Exante’er around the same time in and well done on your weight loss it’s fantastic!
I have actually just received some almond bakewell ones today 😃 so I am going to give them a try I like the vanilla and almond so hopefully they have that taste! My favourite shake and it’s one I didn’t expect to is the cinnamon swirl I thought I was going to hate it but I enjoy it!
I am working my way through trying the different bars but so far for me the cookies and cream, hot cross bun and salted caramel are up there for me! What do you think of the bars?

Day 20
Thankfully the migraine didn’t rear its full ugly head when I woke up this morning it was there during the night but gone by morning which was a relief!
It’s my hectic day today with the ferrying kids, going to toddler classes, picking up from school then off to a after school club for the eldest! It also means I daren’t drink much water during the day in case I get stuck and can’t find anywhere to wee hahaha!
I had the salted caramel bar again tonight which is really nice if you close your eyes you can almost (but not quite!) imagine it’s a normal chocolate bar! Hope everyone has nice weekends ahead planned!

Hi it’s lovely to see another fellow Exante’er around the same time in and well done on your weight loss it’s fantastic!
I have actually just received some almond bakewell ones today 😃 so I am going to give them a try I like the vanilla and almond so hopefully they have that taste! My favourite shake and it’s one I didn’t expect to is the cinnamon swirl I thought I was going to hate it but I enjoy it!
I am working my way through trying the different bars but so far for me the cookies and cream, hot cross bun and salted caramel are up there for me! What do you think of the bars?
Thank you, we can support each other. Thats the good thing about this group. Honestly i should have done this years ago, but here i am now. Just hope i stick to it until my weight is gone!

Someone else on here said the cinnamon swirl shakes were nice, so I definitely need to try those although currently i have over about 120 products to work my through!
Fave Exante bars I've tried so far is the double chocolate cookie, so good that one day i just ate those! Bit scared of ordered more in case i eat them all at once! And birthday cake which i liked but it was a bit sweet. I've got some cereal type bars from Optifast which I like as well. Oh and the when the lighter life stuff was on offer in Superdrug I bought a couple of their double chocolate bars, they were really good, pretty much like a chocolate bar.

Have you tried any of the meals yet? I haven't. Bit worried that they'll be a bit weird tasting!

Day 20
Thankfully the migraine didn’t rear its full ugly head when I woke up this morning it was there during the night but gone by morning which was a relief!
It’s my hectic day today with the ferrying kids, going to toddler classes, picking up from school then off to a after school club for the eldest! It also means I daren’t drink much water during the day in case I get stuck and can’t find anywhere to wee hahaha!
I had the salted caramel bar again tonight which is really nice if you close your eyes you can almost (but not quite!) imagine it’s a normal chocolate bar! Hope everyone has nice weekends ahead planned!
Oh today is end of week 3 for you! You’re smashing it! Well done!
Quiet weekend, dd has a match later and need to drop her communion money into the credit union this morning but a chilled out time is called for! (And a maaaive house clean 😂)

Oh today is end of week 3 for you! You’re smashing it! Well done!
Quiet weekend, dd has a match later and need to drop her communion money into the credit union this morning but a chilled out time is called for! (And a maaaive house clean 😂)
The house cleans totally with you on that how are kids so messy you literally tidy and the next thing it’s messy again haha but wouldn’t have to any other way 🤣. Thank you hoping for positive tomorrow stay sane or a less will be brilliant for me! Have a lovely rest of the weekend!

Thank you, we can support each other. Thats the good thing about this group. Honestly i should have done this years ago, but here i am now. Just hope i stick to it until my weight is gone!

Someone else on here said the cinnamon swirl shakes were nice, so I definitely need to try those although currently i have over about 120 products to work my through!
Fave Exante bars I've tried so far is the double chocolate cookie, so good that one day i just ate those! Bit scared of ordered more in case i eat them all at once! And birthday cake which i liked but it was a bit sweet. I've got some cereal type bars from Optifast which I like as well. Oh and the when the lighter life stuff was on offer in Superdrug I bought a couple of their double chocolate bars, they were really good, pretty much like a chocolate bar.

Have you tried any of the meals yet? I haven't. Bit worried that they'll be a bit weird tasting!
I am a bit scared of the meals as have heard some really good things and bad things for them! I did Exante about 7 years ago when there was hardly any range but the carbonara was there and the shepherds pie and I remember them being very bad 😂 but people like different things!
I am similar with sweet stuff I love the salted caramel bars and think I could eat five of those easily haha!
It’s my weigh in tomorrow but will see how it goes happy if stay the same as know I haven’t stuck to the letter would like to lose but trying to think it’s as they say a marathon not a race! I will have to try those cookies definitely more variety is a big help.

Day 21
Yiphee haha managed to hit 3 weeks feel proud of myself and really surprised and the determination I have in my head at this point. Sure there will be points I slip as we are only human not robots but it really feels like an escape hatch out of my personal misery of being overweight. You wouldn’t know it if you met me I am a happy person and have a lovely family and friends so am very lucky however my weight makes me sad. I hope I don’t sound like a self absorbed idiot as I know there are absolutely worse things completely which don’t compare but gradually feel like I am emerging out of some pit I was in but no one else did (don’t half get philosophical/rambling/nonsensical on weight day eve!)
Anyhow weigh tomorrow if it’s a stay the same good news or a loss good news! Fingers crossed!

Day 21
Yiphee haha managed to hit 3 weeks feel proud of myself and really surprised and the determination I have in my head at this point. Sure there will be points I slip as we are only human not robots but it really feels like an escape hatch out of my personal misery of being overweight. You wouldn’t know it if you met me I am a happy person and have a lovely family and friends so am very lucky however my weight makes me sad. I hope I don’t sound like a self absorbed idiot as I know there are absolutely worse things completely which don’t compare but gradually feel like I am emerging out of some pit I was in but no one else did (don’t half get philosophical/rambling/nonsensical on weight day eve!)
Anyhow weigh tomorrow if it’s a stay the same good news or a loss good news! Fingers crossed!
You don't sound self absorbed at all! Its not easy losing weight, especially on a VLCD. It can throw up all kinds of thoughts and feelings. Congratulations on completing 3 weeks, hope the scales are kind to you tomorrow x

Day 22
Hello! Managed another 3lbs loss which I am delighted about!! If I manage another 3 next week it will drop me into the 15’s but if it doesn’t then that’s fine too just so glad the scales are being kind to me at the moment! For so long they have been a source of dread and disappointment!
Planning to stick like I have been the past three weeks and not deviate to prove to myself I can do it. I think my husband is a bit surprised because for the majority of the past decade I have just had what he has had. Before I met him and when I started going out with him I was very strong willed with myself despite the yo yo ing.
@Katherine12 I tried to almond bakewell and it really is like a cake consistency which was nice so trying another tomorrow as was distracted when I had it! Do you add more water or less? How are you getting on?

Yay, well done you! That's a fantastic weight loss in 3 weeks.

With all the shakes i add lots more water, up to the 500ml or even 568ml (1pt). Sometimes I just add 250ml and loads of ice, like 12 cubes and blend as well. It's because I want a bigger drink! I like the double chocolate + spoon of coffee made with hot water in my pint mug, like a huge hot chocolate! Just need to add the hot water bit by bit otherwise it goes lumpy.

End of day 20 for me, ill weigh in Tuesday morning, ill be delighted if I get result like yours @Bertie81 !

Back