Accountability is key!!

Bertie81

Silver Member
Hi I have decided to start my weight loss diary and official begin the journey to shift the weight tomorrow.
I am doing Exante I have done this in the past but there do seem to be a lot
more options! I have struggled with my weight my entire adult life from highs to lows and just yo yoing up and down. My relationship with food is bad.

I am going to try to stick to the letter for this and be honest with how I am doing and feeling.

Officially a heavyweight champion of the world
Hope I haven’t caused offence with the above subtitle. I have to deal with bad stuff with a sense of humour sometimes because if I don’t laugh I will cry. Which is why I have quoted a Reverend and the makers song.
Such is my talent at gaining weight I seem to have added an extra half stone in the past couple of week. Not sure how (lets be real about it course I know how) but I haven’t tracked or done anything to monitor my food intake past few weeks. Anyhow, will be back later to give a summary of Day 1. Have a lovely day in the sun everyone!

Day 1
Managed to do the first day! In the grand scheme of things not a big deal but psychologically it always makes me feel happy when I get back ‘on it’ and the first day is done. Feels like I am taking affirmative action than being a passive bystander!
I have been lurking in the Exante Facebook page and have picked up some good tips(I think!). I have drunk my body weight in water today which given I have had a 4 year old and nearly 2 year old around a paddling pool in the garden all day meant my husband was on watch duty every 5 minutes whilst I had to go for a wee(!!).
I was pleasantly surprised today by the shakes and bars from
Exante when I was on it before there was less and the bars were not so good. I distinctly remember a chunky muesli type bar that was orange flavoured that I had to hold my nose to eat by the end of it. That being said I haven’t tried the new ones so won’t jinx myself. I have steered clear from ‘main meals’ as remember them
being BAD(had to caps lock that sorry).
I had a cinnamon swirl shake, a cookies and cream bar which I thought I would hate but it was actually nice and a chocolate shake so overall not bad! It’s not fish and chips but that’s why I have got myself into this state to start with.
The 800 also incorporates a 200kcal(wa-hey!) meal which it didn’t before so that is interesting and again I have been lurking and seeing what people do. Konjac noodles(??) , skinny food co sauces and chicken seem the way ahead!

Day 1
Managed to do the first day! In the grand scheme of things not a big deal but psychologically it always makes me feel happy when I get back ‘on it’ and the first day is done. Feels like I am taking affirmative action than being a passive bystander!
I have been lurking in the Exante Facebook page and have picked up some good tips(I think!). I have drunk my body weight in water today which given I have had a 4 year old and nearly 2 year old around a paddling pool in the garden all day meant my husband was on watch duty every 5 minutes whilst I had to go for a wee(!!).
I was pleasantly surprised today by the shakes and bars from
Exante when I was on it before there was less and the bars were not so good. I distinctly remember a chunky muesli type bar that was orange flavoured that I had to hold my nose to eat by the end of it. That being said I haven’t tried the new ones so won’t jinx myself. I have steered clear from ‘main meals’ as remember them
being BAD(had to caps lock that sorry).
I had a cinnamon swirl shake, a cookies and cream bar which I thought I would hate but it was actually nice and a chocolate shake so overall not bad! It’s not fish and chips but that’s why I have got myself into this state to start with.
The 800 also incorporates a 200kcal(wa-hey!) meal which it didn’t before so that is interesting and again I have been lurking and seeing what people do. Konjac noodles(??) , skinny food co sauces and chicken seem the way ahead!
Well done! Day 1 is a huge hurdle to pass. Get the paracetamol on hand for the withdrawal next 2 days but you got this!

Good luck, Bertie! I look forward to following yr journey.

Day 2
Another day done and feeling pleased! I am really private about my diets with work colleagues/ friends etc so it’s lovely to be able to ramble on here!
I keep checking my reflection to see if I look any different like a lunatic (I know I don’t but sure I’m not the only one who does this?!)
Enjoyed the shakes (as much as you can a liquid breakfast, dinner, and tea!) and even didn’t mind the strawberry one and the chocolate peanut butter one(think it was called that) was really nice.
For the 200 kcal meal I used one for those lo-dough bases for the first time to try and fashion a pizza using tomato a teeny bit of pesto and about 2g of cheese (!) it was alright but think might have to rethink how I do it!
I am trying the birthday cake bar tomorrow which is a new addition I think quite interested what this entails as apparently there are hundreds and thousands in it? Hope everyone is doing well!

Day 2
Another day done and feeling pleased! I am really private about my diets with work colleagues/ friends etc so it’s lovely to be able to ramble on here!
I keep checking my reflection to see if I look any different like a lunatic (I know I don’t but sure I’m not the only one who does this?!)
Enjoyed the shakes (as much as you can a liquid breakfast, dinner, and tea!) and even didn’t mind the strawberry one and the chocolate peanut butter one(think it was called that) was really nice.
For the 200 kcal meal I used one for those lo-dough bases for the first time to try and fashion a pizza using tomato a teeny bit of pesto and about 2g of cheese (!) it was alright but think might have to rethink how I do it!
I am trying the birthday cake bar tomorrow which is a new addition I think quite interested what this entails as apparently there are hundreds and thousands in it? Hope everyone is doing well!
Amazing well done and yes it is nice to have on here to share. I like to ramble in a way I wouldn’t in real life as no one would want to listen to me 😂😂

awaiting your take on the bars! I tried the new you wafers and good lord I’ll not be ordering them often as they are scrummy and I’d struggle to stick to 3 times a week 😂

Going to order a few items to try out so just have to know how was the birthday cake bar?
Hi there it wasn’t too bad it seems really popular with some for me I preferred the cookies and cream bar(due to being a chocoholic!) but it was nice but the hundreds and thousands were more in the bar (I think I was expecting a Fab style sprinkling of hundreds and thousands haha!) there are definitely no products I have gone yuck with yet though which is good! How are you getting on?

Day 3
Another day done I did feel hungry today around midday but apparently this passes (!) and I felt alright after drinking some water (my slim husband was sat eating a cheese toastie on his dinner break which didn’t help the hunger haha but I stayed the course:)!) I had the almond and vanilla shake which was really nice and the caramel frappe shake which was also nice. I am holding out for my first shake until 11am to space it out a bit and so far it seems to be a good routine for me! The birthday cake bar was nice but the texture was a not my bag but have read some people microwave for ten seconds so maybe that’s something to try. Feeling positive and feel like whilst not the fat as yet going the bloat is starting to go down a bit!! Here’s hoping hope everyone is good!

Hi there it wasn’t too bad it seems really popular with some for me I preferred the cookies and cream bar(due to being a chocoholic!) but it was nice but the hundreds and thousands were more in the bar (I think I was expecting a Fab style sprinkling of hundreds and thousands haha!) there are definitely no products I have gone yuck with yet though which is good! How are you getting on?
I’m doing good just plodding along. My losses are slower than I’d have hoped for but I was a very slow loser first time out. Sticking with it and dreaming of hitting each mini goal!

Day 3
Another day done I did feel hungry today around midday but apparently this passes (!) and I felt alright after drinking some water (my slim husband was sat eating a cheese toastie on his dinner break which didn’t help the hunger haha but I stayed the course:)!) I had the almond and vanilla shake which was really nice and the caramel frappe shake which was also nice. I am holding out for my first shake until 11am to space it out a bit and so far it seems to be a good routine for me! The birthday cake bar was nice but the texture was a not my bag but have read some people microwave for ten seconds so maybe that’s something to try. Feeling positive and feel like whilst not the fat as yet going the bloat is starting to go down a bit!! Here’s hoping hope everyone is good!
Well done and yeah once in ketosis which you should be today hopefully actual hunger is gone! You will confuse thirst at times for hunger so make sure you drink plenty. The more you drink the more you shrink!!

Great start , Bertie. Well done.

Day 3
A very late diet entry as has to finish off some stuff from work but in between bedtime routine for my 2 boys and sorting other stuff it meant I didn’t get finished until 12.30am!
Another successful day and feeling strong so far hoping I don’t jinx myself there! I went for 3 shakes today vanilla, salted caramel and chocolate they were nice but I have ordered loads of chocolate so trying to use that a bit more so I am not left with just chocolate shakes!
For the 200kcal meal I bought some of those konjac noodles and I think I may have prepared them wrong as it felt a bit like wallpaper glue texture with a very bland taste (really selling it here!) does anyone cook with Konjac noodles?
I hope everyone is getting on well?

I cook with Konjac noodles. They taste of nothing!

I don't cook them. I rinse them and then cover with hot water. I drain a few minutes later and pour them into whatever sauce/food I am using, mix and serve.

Day 3
A very late diet entry as has to finish off some stuff from work but in between bedtime routine for my 2 boys and sorting other stuff it meant I didn’t get finished until 12.30am!
Another successful day and feeling strong so far hoping I don’t jinx myself there! I went for 3 shakes today vanilla, salted caramel and chocolate they were nice but I have ordered loads of chocolate so trying to use that a bit more so I am not left with just chocolate shakes!
For the 200kcal meal I bought some of those konjac noodles and I think I may have prepared them wrong as it felt a bit like wallpaper glue texture with a very bland taste (really selling it here!) does anyone cook with Konjac noodles?
I hope everyone is getting on well?
Perhaps this is your time! Well done !

I cook with Konjac noodles. They taste of nothing!

I don't cook them. I rinse them and then cover with hot water. I drain a few minutes later and pour them into whatever sauce/food I am using, mix and serve.
I will have to try that they are incredibly bland aren’t they!! I will try it that way thinking I will hopefully get used to them!!

Day 5
I realise it was a late night as yesterday wasn’t day 3 as I put it was day 4. I blame baby brain (but they are actually nearly a toddler) 🤣.
The ‘withdrawal’ headaches have started so I dread to think how much stuff my body had to withdraw from food wise!! Hoping this goes next few days but feeling positive still!
Today was my non working day (I work part time) so I didn’t get the chance to have my first shake until 1pm and I went for the cinnamon swirl which I still liked! I had the cookies and cream bar later on but made the mistake of not having it whilst my youngest was napping subsequently meaning I was trying to battle a toddler attempting to wrestle it out of my hands! I also had the chocolate shake again but will have to do a reccy again if what I have so I can plan the days(shake prepping!?).
For the meal I tried a londoigh pizza base some vegan ‘ham’, two sundries tomatoes (!) and some skinny co sauce to fashion a ‘pizza’ which it wasn’t but it tasted alright. I’m not a vegan I just saw it and thought will give it a try!
Tomorrow is the crazy activity day where I am my kids PA ferrying them and dropping them and accompanying them to heir various classes and after school clubs! Hope everyone has had a good day.

Day 5
I realise it was a late night as yesterday wasn’t day 3 as I put it was day 4. I blame baby brain (but they are actually nearly a toddler) 🤣.
The ‘withdrawal’ headaches have started so I dread to think how much stuff my body had to withdraw from food wise!! Hoping this goes next few days but feeling positive still!
Today was my non working day (I work part time) so I didn’t get the chance to have my first shake until 1pm and I went for the cinnamon swirl which I still liked! I had the cookies and cream bar later on but made the mistake of not having it whilst my youngest was napping subsequently meaning I was trying to battle a toddler attempting to wrestle it out of my hands! I also had the chocolate shake again but will have to do a reccy again if what I have so I can plan the days(shake prepping!?).
For the meal I tried a londoigh pizza base some vegan ‘ham’, two sundries tomatoes (!) and some skinny co sauce to fashion a ‘pizza’ which it wasn’t but it tasted alright. I’m not a vegan I just saw it and thought will give it a try!
Tomorrow is the crazy activity day where I am my kids PA ferrying them and dropping them and accompanying them to heir various classes and after school clubs! Hope everyone has had a good day.
Well done. Plenty of water and paracetamol when required for the headaches!

Back