acid reflux

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - Off Topic' started by Smirky, 28 August 2011 Social URL.

1. Smirky

Smirky Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Pro points
    Recently been suffering with this got told 2 weeks ago got tablets for 2months just wondering what type of foods best to eat? What to avoid? N also how often to eat a day and at what times? Only been told to eat less but more often ... also anyone knows what helps deal with acid reflux etc? many thanks everyone xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. M and M

M and M Full Member

Don't suffer from it myself but do know that it helps if you don't drink anything, including water, with meals. If you leave a gap of at least an hour either side of eating, it's supposed to help. Well, at least it's free! Alcohol, smoking and food with high fat content can trigger it too, hope this helps

4. M and M

M and M Full Member

Oh, and smaller meals would definitely help

5. Shelliewoo83

Shelliewoo83 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.6%)
    Citrus foods don't help, also I find things like spraying air fresheners, or even the plug in ones can make it worse for some reason! I don't know whether ur meant to, but i sip milk which seems to help.

6. bolero982

bolero982 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st4lb
    Current Weight:
    20st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers - ProPoints
    I always find that yoghurt helps me when I've got acid reflux, as well as (as a last resort) a dose of bicarb.

I do find that anything with apples in makes it worse for me, but that might be because I like very sharp apples...so it's probably the acid.

7. snowygee

snowygee Full Member

Diet:
    weightwatchers propoints
    I suffer from this big time.:(

Things that help me:
    Losec/omperazole or ranitidine/zantac(not both)
    Sleep on an extra pillow
    Leave a good long gap after eating before exercising or doing housework

Things that make it worse:
    Eating late
    Eating too much
    Being overweight
    Alcohol especially fizzy
    Fizzy drinks
    Spicy food
    Fatty food
    Tea/coffee

Although that lot may sound like life is spoiled it isn't. I tend to find something will trigger it and then I do all of the above and then it settles and I can live more normally but I take the medicine all the time regardless,
    Hope some of that is useful and that you get relief from it.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.