Acne breakout and headaches

Josiecat

Silver Member
Hello, I am about a week and a half in to starting again and have had a bit of an acne breakout (I am in my 30s!) and have been having headaches the last couple of days.

It isn't star week so not due to that.

I am wondering if this is normal at the start of a new eating plan? Has anyone else experienced this?

I last did sw properly two years ago but can't remember if I had the same problem or not!! :p

Thinking my body is probably just adjusting to a huge reduction in rubbish and is only temporary, hoping at least :D

Hey! I am 33 and have acne breakouts and sometimes have no explanation. It is normally triggered by greasy food or a heavy weekend! I do know that my skin is much better for eating plenty of fruit, veg, fish and lean meats!

Sometimes a breakout leads to a nice clear complexion :)

Is acne something you have suffered from before at all?
I'm 26 and in the past two months my skin has been hell...no change in diet/pill etc. the doctor prescribed me duac cream and has worked wonders...

I suffered with both acne and headaches in the first 2 - 3 weeks, so much so that I ended up going to my GP. He just told me to stick with it and after my 4th week, all is fine :)

It's probably down to changes in diet. The combination of eating richer food over christmas and then eating healthier is probably causing your skin to have a bit of a clear out.

The last time I had unexplained breakouts tho, it turned out I was preggers!! Eeek!!

Hlb1986 said:
Is acne something you have suffered from before at all?
I'm 26 and in the past two months my skin has been hell...no change in diet/pill etc. the doctor prescribed me duac cream and has worked wonders...

Mine changed when I was about 25! But I went through a lot of changes then. I have been getting products and peels from the skin clinic that have been amazing! X

I have had severe acne for years, I've been on everything including heavy duty meds (accutaine) that would cause birth defects i had to stop that as my triglyerides were sky high and I was about to have my pancreas explode. The only thing that cleared my acne and has cleared it for good was going for Chinese medicine and acupuncture, no problems since and that was 7 yrs ago.

back on topic: I've had a headache for the past week so I'm putting it down to changing how I eat and my body going 'What are you doing?' I'm hoping it will go away soon as I'm getting tired of it.

I had a break out over christmas because of the change in food, but it is clearing up again now I'm back 100% on SW. It is likely a change in diet but it will be worth it.

Thank you for replying everyone xx

I think you are right that it is the change of diet, I never suffered with acne as a teenager but seem to be breaking out around my jawline and mouth. I guess my body is trying to adjust to the fact that I am now eating more fibre and fruit and veg.

Hopefully they will go soon, only so much concealer and foundation can hide hehe x

I suffered with both acne and headaches in the first 2 - 3 weeks, so much so that I ended up going to my GP. He just told me to stick with it and after my 4th week, all is fine :)

Thank you that is great advice, acne is clearing and no more reappearing so that is looking good. Still getting lots of headaches but only two weeks in so hopefully they will clear soon :)

Hey, just noticed you are the same height as me and have the same start weight and current weight!! lol

Are you using sweetener? Or eating food with sweetener in it? I find some sweeteners give me blinding headaches, so it could be that. I've heard other people say they've been affected the same way too x

I've had an acne breakout too! Although I started SW at the end of last year, I indulged a bit over Christmas and the breakout has been since then. I can only assume it is down to all the rubbish I had over those two weeks. Back on plan now though so hopefully it won't last.

Funny enough I'm the same and as I'm heading towards 60 it's not TOM or teenage acne. But had to take tablets every day this week for headaches and have first spot in about 10 years......weird

Back