Across the pond newbie

jluk74

Hi, I found out about SW as a friend of mine who lives in Scotland told me about it and how she lost over 3 stone before getting pregnant. My hubby is also British, but when we lived there I never heard of SW, I find that odd now. Anywho, as we only have centers in Texas, and I never no where close to Texas, I am doing this with her help and help from the Facebook Slimming World group. I am going to do the bodyOptimise just waiting for hubby to return from his business trip, paycheck needed.

I have been on WW before and even though back in 2000 I lost 30 pounds I have tried only to fail doing it now. I always felt hungry and never felt I was eating right. Since you can make EVERY food item a point value you can eat anything and that backfires for me. I need better overall eating habits where SW does it.

I gained a lot of weight with my 2nd child and did lose a bit but as he is almost 6 I really must put my bum in motion. Hubby found out he has blood pressure troubles, not too bad but enough to take action for himself. We bought a treadmill and I have been walking every day and loving it. I pop a movie in and walk.

I am doing EE. Wishing my best to you all and myself.

Hello and welcome!

I am sure that you'll get loads of useful info from this site as well as the Facebook group. SW is fab, we'll all testify to that. It really does help promote a general awareness of healthy eating that is sustainable for life.

Good luck - let us know how you find things and ask if you need any help with getting started.

Welcome welcome!

Always happy to see an American on this board! Hopefully if more of you guys catch on to how great it is, the SW bug can spread further and further xx

Hi, and welcome from me too.
I agree, SW is really great. So good luck, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any queries.

Hi
Welcome - lots of support on here - better than the Facebook one which I find tends to only have fairly short posts and obviously there's the search facility on here too - good luck

Thanks so much for the welcome. I cannot wait to join bodyOptimise so I can access info on my own.

Welcome welcome!

Always happy to see an American on this board! Hopefully if more of you guys catch on to how great it is, the SW bug can spread further and further xx

I think it would be great to have centers across the states, but they have a long hard road in front of them. WW is so much a part of everyday life. Many foods now have points values on them, not sure if it's the same by you. No one needs to eat fresh foods as all they need to do is go through the shop and pick up items with points values and eat them all day. I am finding that SW is so much better and makes one think about what they will eat and make it balanced. With WW I ate what I loved and in the end was hungry as I was eating the wrong foods. Now I am not hungry and I can barely eat dinner as I am not usually hungry.

Hello and welcome xxx

Hi there and welcome!

The great thing about this plan is that you can adapt it so easily and Im sure if you are uncertain of anything we are always here to help too!

Good luck with your journey!

welcome and good luck with your journey, I do SW from home and have had no problem losing weight. Also lots of great healp and support on this forum so you won't feel you are alone :)

Back