Actifry/airfryer

law3a3m

Gold Member
Hi!

I've looked at a few threads about this but none really answer the question I've got so I'm starting a new thread- sorry in advance if I get told off!

I've read great things about these gadgets but I want to know what the differences are and which people prefer.
If I don't want to use oil and stick to fry light but want to cook more than just chips/wedges etc which is better?
Seen some awesome recipes and people that have made cooked breakfasts and chicken nuggets in theirs but I don't get the difference!

Thanks

Hi there, I previously had an actifry, well 3 to be exact. All three broke within the first 6 months of getting them :mad: I returned all of them as it was the same problem with all 3. I now (recently purchased) a phillips airfryer... much quicker and better in my opinion x

Hi there, I previously had an actifry, well 3 to be exact. All three broke within the first 6 months of getting them :mad: I returned all of them as it was the same problem with all 3. I now (recently purchased) a phillips airfryer... much quicker and better in my opinion x

Thanks!
What kind of things do you cook in them? Do you spray things with fry light first?

Xx

To be honest i have only cooked, chips, roasties and chicken. But mine has a booklet with recipes of what you can do i think you can do pretty much anything. I put frylight on them x

its ok :) I dont no, i just leave it in there for the allocated time x

I love my actifry, I am having my kitchen remodelled at the moment and pretty much have survived without resorting to takeaways because of my actifry.

I have cooked chips (amazing and these alone make it worth the money to me)
roast parsnips
roast potatoes
All in frylight

stir fries
chilli (didn't love this but think it was me not the actifry) I overcooked it
bacon and sainsburys low cal sausages

Have had mine 2 months and it is the gadget i have used most ever

I only ever use frylight

Last edited:
I've had the Airfryer a couple of years now and it is great. Apart from looking sexy and slick in my kitchen it makes awesome SW chips.

It was £200 and now I've seen it reduced under £100 it's a bargain!!!

I love my actifry, I am having my kitchen remodelled at the moment and pretty much have survived without resorting to takeaways because of my actifry.

I have cooked chips (amazing and these alone make it worth the money to me)
roast parsnips
roast potatoes
All in frylight

stir fries
chilli (didn't love this but think it was me not the actifry) I overcooked it
bacon and sainsburys low cal sausages

Have had mine 2 months and it is the gadget i have used most ever

I only ever use frylight

Thanks this is exactly the kind of info I was after! I'm definitely going to invest in one xx

I love my Actifry, had mine ages now and use it a few times a week.
ive made chips, wedges, roast potatoes, cubed potatoes, bacon bits, sausage, nuggets, etc.

The Actifry comes with a recipe book too and I've made things like full english breakfast, pork stir fry etc in it.

Check out the Actifry recipe thread I posted above for more ideas.
i love it mostly for beng able to cook chips from scratch (raw potato) in only 25 minutes xxx

I love my Actifry, had mine ages now and use it a few times a week.
ive made chips, wedges, roast potatoes, cubed potatoes, bacon bits, sausage, nuggets, etc.

The Actifry comes with a recipe book too and I've made things like full english breakfast, pork stir fry etc in it.

Check out the Actifry recipe thread I posted above for more ideas.
i love it mostly for beng able to cook chips from scratch (raw potato) in only 25 minutes xxx

25 mins? That's impressive in itself Mrs Wilsoncroft!! I really want one & have for a while. Just don't know how much I would use it. Might check out the thread for ideas.

Back