Actifry or Air Fryer...Thoughts please.

Mom38

Silver Member
I am thinking of purchasing one but cannot decide which.

Can people tell me what they think of them and which one is best...thanks :)

I can't vouch for the actifry but I've heard good things, however, I've got the Breville halo + and so far I can't fault it, it does lovely chips and I've used it as a grill and it performed just as well. I've only had it a short while and used it three times. It's also a doddle to clean which is a bonus. I use fry light without any issues and get perfect crispy chips!!

I have this air fryer:
And it's bloody brilliant! It definitely hasn't been one of those gadgets that get bought and used once. I really do use it a lot. :)

I purchased the Power XL but the screws started to rust even though it says dishwasher safe so took it back for a refund.

Have an Actifry original now and think its great. :)

Active Fry for me!!! We've had ours about 2yrs ish (give or take) and use it almost every evening! It makes the best roast potatoes, slimmingworld chips and you dont get that bloated feeling you do with those frozen oven chips!!

I have an air fryer. I love it! Makes my chips extra crispy! I am looking at purchasing either a bigger air fryer as mine is quite small or a halogen oven.

I am really glad I have an actifry. Love the chips and roasties that come out of it and cooks sausages great with no oil.

Also saves spending 15 minutes preheating the big oven to do small amounts of things.

We've had our actifry for about 6 years and it's great

I can't comment on the others, but my actifry is great.
However, it is very noisy.
I would suggest not using frylight in it as it ruins the plastic lid. My mum found that out the hard way. You just cannot clean it off, it welds itself to the clear plastic.

Back