Actifry!!!!

I wish I'd not read this now... I really NEED one now! :D

I got loads of argos vouchers for christmas and was so pleased as I personally would not spend that much on an actifry. I skipped into argos with my £60 worth of vouchers and had to put £63.99 (a bit more acceptable) with it and came out with a spanky new actifry.... I gotta be honest though and it appears that I disagree with everyone else.....

...but what a rip off!!

The chips were OK, but thats all I can say...OK in the same way that SW chips are OK. They don't taste like fried chips, lets be honest - if anyone tells you they taste just like fried chips they obviously have not had fried chips for a VERY long time!!

I have a feeling that I have just spent the equivalent of £123.99 on something that I'm gonna use for a week then shove it in the bottom of the kitchen cupboard as it's just taking up room. To spend that much on what makes no better than SW chips is a waste of money (or is in my eyes)

:(

That's a shame you've wasted your money,I did want one for a long time but the price is just too much.
I'm glad I read your comments though as it has talked me out of wanting one anymore!!
You could resell it on eBay they seem to go for a lot on there :)

That's a shame you've wasted your money,I did want one for a long time but the price is just too much.
I'm glad I read your comments though as it has talked me out of wanting one anymore!!
You could resell it on eBay they seem to go for a lot on there :)

Good plan - I didn't think of that. Ive had it for a few days now. I will persist with it a little longer, then before I shove it in the bottom cupboard I will ebay it!

What sort of potatoes did you use? It can make a big difference. Also, try and think outside the box with it, it does other stuff than simply chips. Stuff like chilli or bolognese that requires stirring during the cooking work very well using the actifry. My kids love oven chips cooked in it, I don't add any oil to them but they prefer them to the exact same chips cooked in the oven.

Don't give up yet. I love sweet potato wedges cooked in the actifry with maggi liquid seasoning and paprika.. there's lots you can do with it.

I totally agree that the type of potato makes a big difference (just as it does for 'real' chips). Also, the chips need to be really dry to crisp up. They are no just like deep fried chips, but IMO are better than oven chips and easier to make than SW ones. I've had mine well over a year now, and use it at least twice a week, so it has paid for itself, although there is no getting around the fact that the price-tag is pretty hefty!

I got bought one as a present and I love mine.
We tried different spices and oils to make then taste different. Also cooked sausages and chilli in it.

They do great things to oven chips :)

Can anyone help me out with the differences between an actifry and an airfryer? Anyone tried both?

Do both use oil or can you still use them without? Can you use frylight?

Yes you can use frylight in an Actifry. As I understand it the airfryer doesnt use any oils. You dont always need to use oil in an Actifry either, depending on what you are cooking in it. Oven chips, for example, tend to already have the coating sorted so as not to need oil to cook them in, and turn out very well without any. With an actifry, the food is kept constantly on the move via a paddle in the centre of the bowl, so things dont tend to get stuck down before being moved.

Back