ACTIFRY ?

Scooter-boy

Silver Member
Does anyone use these, debating to buy one ?
If so do you use Frylite ?
And if you do has anyone any recipes ?
Thanks xx

Yes I use one, last night actually to make the chips to go with my steak. I love it. you can use fry light but I do find I get better, crispier results if I use a tiny bit of veg oil. The measure you use is a tablespoon and that is supposed to be how much you use but I only ever use about a third of the measuring spoon and I count it as syns. Works out as hardly anything when divided up between the three of us.
There are cheaper options available and I've heard that Aldi (I think or maybe Lidl) has an air fryer on sale from tomorrow. It's on their website if you want to have a look.
I'd say go for it. I think the chips are nicer than when done in the oven. I do parsnip, sweet potato and carrot chips sometimes too for a change from ordinary spuds.

I have an actifry - bringing it out tonight for egg chips and LM Rosemary and Onion sausages - wouldn't be without it

I even do roasted potatoes in mine, it's great! Have had my tefal one for ages now :)

I wanted to pick up one of the ones from Aldi but I think they flew off the shelves from what I read online. Has anyone seen them? x

I have one I love it everything goes in it slimming world sausages taste better in it less dry chips are nice I just use fry light on mine, roast potatoes the same and bacon is sooo nice I alway dry mine out under the grill. I actually can't live without it now. X

I have one I love it everything goes in it slimming world sausages taste better in it less dry chips are nice I just use fry light on mine, roast potatoes the same and bacon is sooo nice I alway dry mine out under the grill. I actually can't live without it now. X
Thanks JoJo, just used it for the first time for potato wedges.... Fantastic !!!! Anything else you do ?... Most probably try the bacon in the morning :) x

Yay good for you you will have wedges or chips with everything like me now I do make other things Well I'm pregnant I have cravings for hash brown every day with beans so I do them in there hash browns not beans lol they are nice I find it doesn't dry out. I have got potato cubes in there at the moment I mixed them with garlic and herbs loads of fry light. I part boiled mine cos I made wedges first and just put them in with fry light and they was nice but when I did chips they wasn't as good so i part boil them now but it could be the potato. I have done a breakfast in the sausage bacon mushrooms not egg. I've also roasted peppers tomato and onions for my red pepper and tomato soup. I love it sooooo much. I need a life lol X

Yay good for you you will have wedges or chips with everything like me now I do make other things Well I'm pregnant I have cravings for hash brown every day with beans so I do them in there hash browns not beans lol they are nice I find it doesn't dry out. I have got potato cubes in there at the moment I mixed them with garlic and herbs loads of fry light. I part boiled mine cos I made wedges first and just put them in with fry light and they was nice but when I did chips they wasn't as good so i part boil them now but it could be the potato. I have done a breakfast in the sausage bacon mushrooms not egg. I've also roasted peppers tomato and onions for my red pepper and tomato soup. I love it sooooo much. I need a life lol X
Sounds beautiful, can't wait to experiment now x

Hi, these are ok but nothing like the air fryer. they are basically a halogen oven with hot air. so they cook things at higher heat but way faster. rather than the fried taste x
Yer I have seen them I have a halogen oven as well. I need to buy all the kitchen gadgets for some reason lol it is good boot like you say more of and oven the acti fry is like a deep fat fryer with out the fat smell and mess

Love my Actifry, I recently upgraded from the Breville Halo. I noticed there is an app you can download with lots of recipes for starters, main course and even desserts available through the app store.

I've only done chips and roast carrots and veg in mine x

I need to experiment , I have SW sausages for husbands dinner tomorrow will try them in it tonight with some onion x.

Has anyone done salmon in it ?

Back