Actions speak louder than words..

miss14

Hello there,

I had an account on here a long time ago and find it so so helpful in making myself accountable for my weight loss. And right now I feel I really need it again.

I joined Slimming World last week and have struggled - some days have been fine, whereas others have been a nightmare. For instance, today I had my porridge and was going to skip lunch as we were having a big roast dinner around 3/4. We never ended up leaving the house until around 7 so I had 2 massive Aldi crisp breads and philly (5 syns + 1/2 hexB), then was starving by the time we got out. My plan was to have a roast without the yorkshire and stuffing, and just syn the gravy. But then they did not have any roast dinners left! So I panicked and picked a pizza, which wasn't even that good, but still absolutely blew my syns for today. I did it 2 other times in the week as well. So I'm feeling really bad about it and soooo not looking forward to getting weighed tomorrow. I'll be so embarrassed if I haven't lost weight my first week!

So wanted to make this blog as a way of forward planning. I know tomorrow I am going to have porridge + almond milk + berries for breakfast, SW quiche for lunch and then maybe sweet potato fries and some meat of some sort for dinner after group. Hopefully if I write each night what I am going to eat the next day, it will be easier for me to keep track next week. I really want to lose a stone before christmas!!

Well I'll be ****ed...2.5lbs off at Slimming World! After not thinking I had a good week its a pretty good turn out. And left me wondering - what if next week is absolutely on point?! So planned for the next few days what I'm having for my meals. Tomorrow is quiche for breakfast (after the gym! first time back for a long while, not looking forward to it!), soup and an apple for lunch, then my lentil bolognese maybe with a bit of sweet potato or veg for tea. Might get some more fruit in as well. Really chuffed about my weight loss this week, just hoping it keeps up.

Hey! Well done on making it through your first week, and welcome (back!)

Your first week is nearly always a lot faster than subsequent weeks, so that probably saved your butt, hehe!
If you stick to plan 100% this week then you should pick up a big loss... You can do it!

If you're having trouble with waiting too long for food and ending up snacking, it's worth remembering that you can eat as much free food as you like. I make sure I'm stocked up on fat-free yoghurts (Activia 0% and Muller Light normally) and plenty of fruit to fill myself up when my tummy starts moaning. You can also make SW humous or another free dip and keep cucumber, carrots and celery sticks to munch on, or for something more carby, Mug Shots are free! Those little instant pastas have saved my diet many times, haha.

Good luck on your journey! x

Hey! Well done on making it through your first week, and welcome (back!)

Your first week is nearly always a lot faster than subsequent weeks, so that probably saved your butt, hehe!
If you stick to plan 100% this week then you should pick up a big loss... You can do it!

If you're having trouble with waiting too long for food and ending up snacking, it's worth remembering that you can eat as much free food as you like. I make sure I'm stocked up on fat-free yoghurts (Activia 0% and Muller Light normally) and plenty of fruit to fill myself up when my tummy starts moaning. You can also make SW humous or another free dip and keep cucumber, carrots and celery sticks to munch on, or for something more carby, Mug Shots are free! Those little instant pastas have saved my diet many times, haha.

Good luck on your journey! x

Thank you for your comments! I am certainly going to try and get some more free food in and try and properly ace this week :)

Today has been good, a bit of a record really. I had some toast (hex) and phillidelphia light (hex - you can have so much!) and tomatoes for breakfast, then some tomato soup for lunch, alongside 3 biscuits and a mini donut that were brought into the office. I was ravishing by the time I was going home so had a banana after work and then lentil bolognese again. I wasn't very satisfied with my dinner but got some water, rang my dad and distracted myself. Now I'm in bed nice and early about to watch the new Walking Dead (supposed to be amazingggggg) and have only spend 10 syns. I have a bar of chocolate in my cupboard and was really temped to eat it. My rationale was, 'it's in the house, so I'm going to eat it at some point, so I might as well get it out of the way now and have more time to recover before next week's weight loss'. Irrational or what! My plan is to be as good as I can within syn limits this week and then can have the chocolate after group next Monday if I lose again. But am really proud of myself for not eating it tonight. The things our brains do to us!

I didn't manage to go to the gym today as I kept turning my alarm off, going to try and go to the class tomorrow morning again if I can. Although getting ready for work will be a squeeze! I'll try it tomorrow and see anyway.

Another good day :) Actually made it to the gym this morning which I'm really happy about. Although it did kill me! But want to get into a proper routine of going, especially since my boyfriend is visiting for a few days next week and I need to keep it up. Its also my birthday next week which I imagine will involve so much food and even more alcohol but I'll think about that when I get to it. Anyway food for today:

Breakfast: Porridge (hex) and almond milk (half hex) and berries
Lunch: SW quiche with bacon, mushrooms, peppers, 1.5 syns for cottage cheese. And an apple
Dinner: One beef burger (wasn't under 5% fat so no idea how many syns - going for 5 to be safe), sweet potato fries, roasted broccoli

I also worked out the syns in my favourite ever chocolate bar. Its a Devine salted chocolate one and is literally the best thing I have ever tasted. And worked out that for half the bar (50g) its 14.5 syns. So in theory I could have half if I don't have any more syns! Iv'e been able to stay away from it tonight but am aware that the thoughts will be still there some nights, so hoping that by just having half I can stay within my syns and still feel satisfied! Was also working out how much chocolate I could get for my syns today - I think I could have a Kit Kat chunky for 13.5 which is really good for them times when I really fancy something. But still trying to stay away from that sort of stuff - Really want a big weight loss this week, so going to try and use my points for healthy things like avocado.

Well done on restraining yourself!
I tend to save my "big treat" for weigh-day... I weighed tonight and am now enjoying a 42g Galaxy bar (11.5 syns), first time eating a full-sized chocolate bar in 10 weeks!
When I'm getting the craving on other days, I keep a bag of fun-sized choccies around, which range from 3.5-5 syns each... The rest of the time I have free yogurts and fruit as snacks :)

If you really want an especially good loss this week, you could try 1 or 2 SP days, it really makes a difference!
Very well done on the gym though, I would love to go but I really can't justify spending almost £40 a month on it :(

Ahhhh I'm back.

So last time on SW I didn't do particularly great, it was my birthday and then I was on holiday and it was just so difficult to get back on it. I was scared of going to group and left it and left it.. Until I went back yesterday. I have gone back up to what I was before I started (11st 13.5). But I am done moping around and feeling gross, and back on the wagon! I am aware that my failing last time was due to social circumstances and its Christmas coming up, but I thought that if I don't start now, I'll have put anther stone on by xmas and it will be even harder. So even if I don't have crazy weight loss this month, I'll still be happy.

So today:
Breakfast - Banana
Snack - necterine
Lunch - M&C count on you spinach and ricotta cannelloni ready meal (6.5 syns)
Snack - 60g apricots (HEX), 1 roses (2.5 syns), 1 lindor (4 syns)
Tea - Butternut squash dhal with SW chips and cheese (HEX - don't ask, I couldn't get the HEX in otherwise)

I felt very naughty today especially with the chips! Almost feels like I'm being off plan when I'm not! Total syns = 13

Back